Widdi

Pic review: Set 6627 - convertible

index2.jpg

This is my first pic review released here on eurobricks. I didn't take many pictures, since this is just a simple classic Town car. This set was released way back in 1980 and I obtained it 26 years after it's release from a german seller, which offers many old LEGO sets in his ebay shop. It was in very good used condition for it's age, but the hat was replaced with the sheriff's hat from the 1996 western sets

The car is a simple and boxy, but classy design with an openable engine compartment and an huge Antenna attached on the rear. It is a simple build with only 35pcs, but packs the classic SNOT lights technique. Here are the pics

6627.jpg

this are all pieces dumped in a box , coming from a computer game. There aren't many pieces, when you look at that.

There are two decent alternates, too. The first is a funny sports or race car something and the second a micro convertible

6627-alt-1.jpg

This is the weird race/sports-car something in it's complete view

6627-alt-2.jpg

This is the cute micro car, which looks so much like a smart, that was transformed to a convertible and the early 80s

6627-in-scene.jpg

And this is the main model when assembled and made up like on the Instruction cover. The cowboy is just looking under the hood now, and surprise: Noe ngine in the engine compartment. So no wonder why his car won't start. But as with all classic lego sets this issue can be easily fixed. This time, by simply adding two round 1x1 plates under the hood

Overall verdict: 8,75/10 points - A blast from the golden age of LEGO Town

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Design: 7/10 - very boxy

Build: 9/10 - simple and effective

Sturdyness: 10/10 - survives the table fall easily

Fun: 9/10 - blast from the past

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mFg Widdi

What are the pieces that are used on the side of the car and which are able to swivel? Are they doors?

Oh yes I remember now, TLC uses them in their old sets! What a *wacko* I am!

Seriously, this black car is nice. I like the idea of having a set just with a civilian car, an idea that TLC has forgotten...

And the micro convertible, so funny! TLC has invented the Smart car some years before Swatch and Mercedes, so strong! :-D

Nice first review Widdi!

A very nice review of a lovely little set with a cool cowboy MF, yippee! *y*

Ah, I

A very nice review of a lovely little set with a cool cowboy MF, yippee! *y*

Ah, I

Nice review nice set.

Make more sets with civillians TLC :-)

Thanks for the review.

What a great set this is in all it's simplicity and boxiness.

Maybe lego thinks that a normal civilian car doesn't sell anymore these days, I say: bring one out and every legofan will prove the opposite!

i think they're using the doors on the cement truck...

You do? I can't see them, are they used somewhere else in the truck than up front?

7990-1.jpg

Thanks for the review.

What a great set this is in all it's simplicity and boxiness.

Maybe lego thinks that a normal civilian car doesn't sell anymore these days, I say: bring one out and every legofan will prove the opposite!

You do? I can't see them, are they used somewhere else in the truck than up front?

7990-1.jpg

hm... it seems you're right, i guess i saw a modified version then... which is also weird because they're not released yet, still...