Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Relaxing 'round a Fire (built by my younger brother)

This MOC was built by my 12 year old brother.

After Kendrick pulled Basil out of the river, he made a campfire for them to warm up (or in Basil's case, dry off) around:

000_0346.jpg

000_0350.jpg

000_0351.jpg

000_0347.jpg

My brother would appreciate any comments, and especially suggestions for the build :classic:

Very nice, I like how it's well detailed even though it's a smaller build. Clever way to attach the frying pan. :classic: And as always, your bro's trees are very well done! :thumbup:

Great build once again. But why is there a TMNT turtle thingy? Is it a backpack?

But it is a great build. I really like the tree.

Very nice, I like how it's well detailed even though it's a smaller build. Clever way to attach the frying pan. :classic: And as always, your bro's trees are very well done! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Nice stump.

Thanks Carson, glad you noticed the stump :classic:

Great build once again. But why is there a TMNT turtle thingy? Is it a backpack?

But it is a great build. I really like the tree.

Thank you, the turtle shell is supposed to be either a rock, or a turtle in its shell :classic:

Nice! Tell your little bro he is awesome at making very detailed scenes. :thumbup: especially that tree, the blending of green and dark red makes for a very natural autumn kind of feel.

This is probably the most realistic scene your brother has built to date!

It's in the details, like the tree that sits at an angle, the red leaves on the ground since autumn is coming, the tree stump, that bush with the brown spiky branch running through it, the rocks and brown (leaves? little roots?) sprinkled across the landscape, the pallisade bricks for extra texture, the barely seen black plates in the fire, the fact Kendrick's cape is drying in the tree... This scene works because almost every detail is right. It tells a story: they had to make a fire, so they needed wood. That's why they chopped down that tree, leaving but a stump behind. Even the bucket of water is there for when they get thirsty or something goes wrong with the fire. It's unusual to see such an amount of detail, especially for his age.

Since the overall scene is already great (nothing to say about that beautiful tree), I'll just give some suggestions for details. A tan plate instead of a brown one on top of the trunk would be more realistic, giving the chopped-down feel more. Also, maybe cut down a bit on the use of 1x1 round plates. Theyy can work as pebbles or so, but this scene is getting a bit cluttered, especially since those plates represents both pebbles as leaves... Also, that construction for roasting the meat looks very artificial. The sticks are just planted in the ground, and the soil looks quite rocky, so I don't guess it would be very stable. Maybe some supporting sticks or pieces of rock would solve this. Finally, it would be nice to give a more humid feel to the ground surrounding the cape and Basil, but that won't be very easy with a dark tan soil. If it were normal tan, dark tan would be believable humid.

You see, I'm running thin on suggestions. Maybe it's almost time I can accept suggestion from your brother! I'm very glad Basil made it though. Who knows what's next!

Looks very good! I really love the color scheme on the tree. All the wildlife looks great too. :thumbup:

Thank you :classic:

Nice! Tell your little bro he is awesome at making very detailed scenes. :thumbup: especially that tree, the blending of green and dark red makes for a very natural autumn kind of feel.

Thanks, he had fun with the tree :classic:

This is probably the most realistic scene your brother has built to date!

It's in the details, like the tree that sits at an angle, the red leaves on the ground since autumn is coming, the tree stump, that bush with the brown spiky branch running through it, the rocks and brown (leaves? little roots?) sprinkled across the landscape, the pallisade bricks for extra texture, the barely seen black plates in the fire, the fact Kendrick's cape is drying in the tree... This scene works because almost every detail is right. It tells a story: they had to make a fire, so they needed wood. That's why they chopped down that tree, leaving but a stump behind. Even the bucket of water is there for when they get thirsty or something goes wrong with the fire. It's unusual to see such an amount of detail, especially for his age.

Since the overall scene is already great (nothing to say about that beautiful tree), I'll just give some suggestions for details. A tan plate instead of a brown one on top of the trunk would be more realistic, giving the chopped-down feel more. Also, maybe cut down a bit on the use of 1x1 round plates. Theyy can work as pebbles or so, but this scene is getting a bit cluttered, especially since those plates represents both pebbles as leaves... Also, that construction for roasting the meat looks very artificial. The sticks are just planted in the ground, and the soil looks quite rocky, so I don't guess it would be very stable. Maybe some supporting sticks or pieces of rock would solve this. Finally, it would be nice to give a more humid feel to the ground surrounding the cape and Basil, but that won't be very easy with a dark tan soil. If it were normal tan, dark tan would be believable humid.

You see, I'm running thin on suggestions. Maybe it's almost time I can accept suggestion from your brother! I'm very glad Basil made it though. Who knows what's next!

Thanks BEAVeR, again you have some excellent suggestions for future scenes. And Kendrick and Basil are about to go on their most exciting adventure yet :wink:

Your lil bro builts well! i just wanna say Great!

Edited by kevkipo

There is a lot of detail and thought put into this small build. The result is outstanding. Well done to your brother.

Your lil bro builts well! i just wanna say Great!

Thanks for the comment :classic:

There is a lot of detail and thought put into this small build. The result is outstanding. Well done to your brother.

Thanks!

Wow, this is an amazing build! I like the way he does the landscapes, tell him to keep up the good work! :wink::thumbup:

Thank you, I did :classic:

Beautiful work again.. Regarding CC maybe remove the short bush?

Beautiful work again.. Regarding CC maybe remove the short bush?

Thanks Gunman, glad you like it :classic:

This is really well done, your little brother needs to join a guild :wink:

Thanks Jakon, and he will once he's old enough to have his own account :classic: