Sign in to follow this  
pcvando

Lego Rare Set Help!

Hello everyone!

I need some information on this Lego set.

It is called "Ramboll Oil" and it is a Micro Oil Rig set.

It is unnumbered.

It was released in 2008.

I was told that this set was given away at an Oil event in Denmark in 2008. I have also heard that there were less than 50 ever produced, and I assume even less have survived, since they were not given to Lego collectors, only to Oil company executives and employees who attended the show, most likely not taking care of the set, and throwing away the box.

I need some help clearing up how many were actually made, and how much it is worth?

If there were less than 50 ever made, this is a very rare set indeed.

I have one that is sealed inside, but the box seals have broken. I have someone expressing great interest in it, but I am unsure what it is worth.

I could be sitting on a few bucks, or a gold mine. I have no clue.

I have been told that one sold for over a thousand a few years ago, but it was sealed.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Looks like one sold on Bricklink in November 2013 for 339 Euro.

Thanks! Do you know what the condition was? or if it was opened?

Production run information is not generally shared to the public. It's unlikely that anyone outside TLC can tell you specific numbers.

If you are looking to sell or buy, it's best to just look at what the market is willing to pay for a set though something like eBay or an enthusiast trading forum.

Edited by gunm

I would say it's probably worth at least £600. The Vestus windmill is worth about £400 but this is rarer so... :blush:

Easily more than 50 made, I guess a couple of hundred at least. I know of four Afol´s that have them, and the big numbers surely went to the people attending the oil rig convention. Here´s my review of the set.