Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #97: Infestation

z6iacuL.png

With a map from the library, the heroes go for their first foray around Eubric on the job for the very first time. Navigating through the winding trails of the bustling city, they watch as the sky turns from a blue to a dim gray... The pair of amatuer heroes soon see their destination in sight. Those two heroes were...

Darksten (Comrade Commander)

35 year old Male Human Ranger

Level 1

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 5

Equipment: Crossbow (WP: 3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke bomb, Bedroll

t1rsz_lego_dragon_knight.jpg

Hoang Anh (hoanganhbeo)

20 years old Male Human Knight

Level 1

Power: 4

Defense: 2

Health: 10/10

Gold: 5

Equipment: Sword (WP: 3); Shield (SP: 2)

Inventory: Potion, Bedroll

The ranger and the knight, not sensing any confrontation ahead, head towards the toweing Hovels wall. From what little they know of the city, this recently-erected monument was the one thing seperating the poor from the rest of the city...

7khIrHd.png

A guard stands vigil in front of the wall, brandishing a spear. He looks at the motley pair, tipping his spear in their direction.

Y4qNgBC.png

"Halt. What is your business here?"

How will the party respond?

QM Note: Comrade Commander and Hoanganhbeo, welcome to Heroica! :classic: If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask: I just request that each of you post in this thread within the next 24 hours.

As Darksten approaches the hovel wall, he notices the lone guard standing sentry at the gate. When the guards finishes his challenge, Darksten replies:

"Good day sir, my companion and I were contacted through Heroica to deal with an infestation on the other side of this wall. We have to take care of it before winter settles in, and it spreads to other areas. Perhaps you have heard about it? "

OOC: Thanks Endgame! I am looking forward to it. Also, stats check on my end.

The watchman's shoulder slumps, recognizing the organization - it seemed he no longer needed formalities.

Y4qNgBC.png

"Heroica, huh? I've tagged along with your types before. Never seen you around these parts, though - new to the job?

Heard about it? The storm, definitely. Everyone is raving about it. Perhaps a foot, they say! These people are gonna get buried if they don't get shelter..."

Edited by Endgame

"Aye, it will be rough to be out in the cold without shelter. Which is why this knight and I are going to the hovels to help them reclaim one of the infested areas.

It is my first task as a member of Heroica, and I believe it is for this knight as well, but we will see what it leads too.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about the infestation, or any other things going on in the hovels now would you? As I said, we are a little green behind the ear, and I am much more comfortable outside of the city, so I am not as familiar with the environment as I am sure you are."

We are here to clean the shelters. We have permissons. So you need to let us pass.

Edited by hoanganhbeo

"Aye, it will be rough to be out in the cold without shelter. Which is why this knight and I are going to the hovels to help them reclaim one of the infested areas.

It is my first task as a member of Heroica, and I believe it is for this knight as well, but we will see what it leads too.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about the infestation, or any other things going on in the hovels now would you? As I said, we are a little green behind the ear, and I am much more comfortable outside of the city, so I am not as familiar with the environment as I am sure you are."

Y4qNgBC.png

"I don't know much of the individual buildings here, no. I'm sure that a lot of them are pretty bug filled, but to the point where a hero is needed... Either they are overreacting, or it really is that bad.

The Hovels in general is a shifty place. If anything, my job is to keep things in, not out - plenty of crime, mugging, and robbery in there. The Hovels is the section for those in poverty, so almost everything is decrepit. The place is overcrowded, filthy, and broken, basically. Its my job to make sure none of the local crime syndicate, The Wolfgang, make it out of here without handcuffs slapped around their wrists. Number one advice? Advoid the Wolfgang. They're typically not the types you want to hang around with.

They've been garnering a lot of support, though..."

We are here to clean the shelters. We have permissons. So you need to let us pass.

Nevron shrugs.

Y4qNgBC.png

"Really, as far as I care, Heroicans can run around in the Hovels as much as they need. It's simply not a nice place...

You may pass, if you think you're familiarized.

Edited by Endgame

Advoid the Wolfgang

--snip--

Nevron shrugs.

Really, as far as I care, Heroicans can run around in the Hovels as much as they need. It's simply not a nice place...

"You will have to forgive my companion, perhaps he could have been a little more diplomatic.

Thanks for the advise though. Are there any places in particular the Wolfgang hangs out? Do you have any posters with the faces of known Wolfgang members, or other tips you use to ID them as they try to cross the wall? "

"You will have to forgive my companion, perhaps he could have been a little more diplomatic.

Thanks for the advise though. Are there any places in particular the Wolfgang hangs out? Do you have any posters with the faces of known Wolfgang members, or other tips you use to ID them as they try to cross the wall? "

Y4qNgBC.png

"The Wolfgang pretty much have been hanging out... Everywhere, really. You just have to hope that you avoid them. Their three main generals were killed a while back, so now it is mostly thugs and more thugs... The masterminds are hidden away, never seen unless they want to be. My advice? Don't mess with 'em, seriously."

Do you have any information about the Wolfgang recently?

Y4qNgBC.png

"You can never really keep track of all of the going ons inside an organization so huge. I used to work undercover, and turst me, they have a big setup. real big."

If the heroes are satisfied, they may press forward.

"Understood, thank you for the help sir. I am always appreciative of the Town Watch.

If there is anything we can do in the hovels to make your job easier, let us know. It always help for folks like us to have a good reputation with the Town Watch since we often share the same goals.

In fact, if your shift is almost over and you want to change and join us we can talk to our contact on the other side. They were originally looking for three to four people anyways, and I am sure this knight and I can learn a lot from you. It would also be good to have a guide in the hovels.

If not, we can head out and always report back on our way out."

In fact, if your shift is almost over and you want to change and join us we can talk to our contact on the other side. They were originally looking for three to four people anyways, and I am sure this knight and I can learn a lot from you. It would also be good to have a guide in the hovels.

Y4qNgBC.png

"Sorry, I just started my watch here half an hour ago, and I'm on a seven hour shif. The Watch has been doing a crackdown on dereliction lately, so I can't leave my spot for quite a while."

Thank you for the informations, sir! Now let's head forward!

Y4qNgBC.png

"No problem, and good luck in there..."

Nevron steps aside, allowing the two heroes to pass in the Hovels. The place is eerily similar to how Nevron described it: dilipadated and broken down, the smell of rot emitting from every crevice. The party walks past plenty of allies, seeing the sleeping peasants and the vermin skittering about. After walking forward for only a minute, they feel as if they already have a feel for what the Hovels were: rotten. And the Hovls Wall was keeping everyone trapped inside of this trash heap...

Soon, the party passes by a caped fellow.

LuQkMDn.png

RfsEb0r.png

"You two wouldn't happen to be the heroes I hired, would you? Darksten and Hoang?"

The man matched the gaunt fellow who walked into the hall earlier: he tried to maintain a respectable appearance, but for living in here, it was impossible. His clothes were dirty and grass stained, and his cloak tattered. His hair was a mangled mess, and his face scarred. He was just another resdient of the Hovels, despite his attempts to conceal it.

Yes, sir! We are heroes from Heroica and we are here to help.

RfsEb0r.png

"Brilliant, we're going to need it... Now, follow me, please."

The party follows the scraggly man through the dilapidated passages of the Hovels, Isaac speaking as he walks.

"Aye, we are indeed. Isaac I presume? How can we be of service?"

RfsEb0r.png

"I am indeed Isaac, and yes, you most certainly can be of help. I need you two to act as exterminators for a couple of hours. See the sky?"

The sky above them was brewing, grey and bleak.

"A storm is approaching, and plenty of people... myself included, eheheh... Rely on the infested shelter. Unfortunately, there are currently dozens of bugs in there the size of an adult fist. Pyschotic, almost, too. They will hunt down anything with meat. Right now, it's either get buried under snow, or try to fend off some rather nasty insects."

Edited by Endgame

"Understood, I can see why you want it cleared out of that is the case. Show is the shelter and we will see what we can do. In the mean time though, does everyone have another place they can hole up for a bit and at least try to stay dry?

How about you evacuate people to other places while we deal with the bugs?

Edited by hoanganhbeo

"Understood, I can see why you want it cleared out of that is the case. Show is the shelter and we will see what we can do. In the mean time though, does everyone have another place they can hole up for a bit and at least try to stay dry?

RfsEb0r.png

"We're quite nearly there... Most of the shelter's expected residents are lingering on the streets. There is one family, in particular, that is interested in getting the house cleared out. Just a warning, though... Their requests are beyond just slaughtering the bugs holded up insdie."

How about you evacuate people to other places while we deal with the bugs?

RfsEb0r.png

"Most people are currently either on the sides of the streets or in a box or a trashcan of some kind. They won't come into all the insects are gone..."

Isaac's face lights up.

"The house is just around the corner... and here is the family I was talking about earlier."

Ek5a41N.png

In a particularly filthy corner sits a family: two panicked adults and one oblivious child, with her plush friend and blanket in two.

8djpKaM.png

"H-heroes..?"

AciCbW5.png

"Isaac, you idiot! You got novices to deal with this..."

3kKBHA3.png

"Wowww! You guys are heroes?"

Edited by Endgame

"Greetings, we are here to assist with your situation. My name is Darksten and this is Ho Hang. I assure you that the knight and I are capable of tackling what was laid out, but I understand you might have another request beyond simply just removing the infestation?

If you could just introduce yourselves and let us know about the situation, we can get to work and help you get back inside.

Don't panic! We are heroes from Heroica and we are here to help you. Show us what we can do!

OOC: Why does everyone keep forgetting my name ?

If you could just introduce yourselves and let us know about the situation, we can get to work and help you get back inside.

8djpKaM.png

"Well, I'm G-"

The poor (literally and figuratively) man is cut off.

AciCbW5.png

"That pale-skinned oaf is Gary, I'm Rose, and our little darling here is Fiona."

3kKBHA3.png

"I'm Fiona! I'm a quarter elf, mommy says!"

AciCbW5.png

"Shuhs, Fiona, shush!"

Oblivious to her mother's commands, Fiona continues.

3kKBHA3.png

"And this is teddy! He's a bear!"

The child motions to her raggedy toy - who, predictably, doesn't speak.

UNHm4eG.png

". . ."

Don't panic! We are heroes from Heroica and we are here to help you. Show us what we can do!

8djpKaM.png

"Well, I'd like the job done-"

AciCbW5.png

"He wants the job done quickly, and I want the food preserved."

3kKBHA3.png

"And Teddy and I want all of the teeny tiny bugs squished! Not the big ones, the tiny ones!"

The party would have to inquire further to get better criteria...

"He wants the job done quickly, and I want the food preserved

"And Teddy and I want all of the teeny tiny bugs squished! Not the big ones, the tiny ones!"

"Hmm, ok. how many types of bugs are in the shelter? And about how many overall?

We can definitely work to preserve the food ma'am, but understand they might have already gotten to it. We will do our best to protect whatever we can. Is all the food stored in one place?"

Turning to Fiona "Squish all the little bugs huh? And what do you want us to do with the big bugs?

Did the bugs cause any damage to your shelter? Do you need anything else? Like water?

Edited by hoanganhbeo

"Hmm, ok. how many types of bugs are in the shelter? And about how many overall?

We can definitely work to preserve the food ma'am, but understand they might have already gotten to it. We will do our best to protect whatever we can. Is all the food stored in one place?"

Turning to Fiona "Squish all the little bugs huh? And what do you want us to do with the big bugs?

RfsEb0r.png

"I see anything from ants to spiders in there. Nasty little things, brr..."

AciCbW5.png

"All of the food is in the kitchen - and I got ambushed by a bunch of ants in there! Massive ones!"

3kKBHA3.png

"All of the adults want the big bugs squished, and I'm fine with that. I just want all the normal sized bugs squashed. You know, the types that are no bigger then your pinky finger? Daddy says they like to hide anywhere, so you gotta check everywhere for em! I don't think they'll try biting you or anything, you'd just gotta stompy-stomp them...

You don't need to do it, but I'd really appreciate it if you could, misters!"

Did the bugs cause any damage to your shelter? Do you need anything else? Like water?

RfsEb0r.png

"I imagine they're nibbling at the woodwork, but it should hold for this last storm."

AciCbW5.png

"The kitchen is surprisingly well stocked, assuming none of the bugs have gotten to it... We should be fine."