lightningtiger

New Mannum 2014

Well I set up what I have of NM and here we go......

000000_nm_2014_95.jpg000000_nm_2014_96.jpg000000_nm_2014_97.jpg000000_nm_2014_98.jpg

I'll try in the next few hours to take some different angle shots........I'll have to pack it away tonight or the wife will....... :devil:

Keep watching ! :wink:

Very nice! I've never noticed some of those buildings, like the gas station or the post office, further down.

The post office was designed a few months back, so to the basis of the gas station.......thanks for the positive vibes 'HomerJSimpson' ! :grin:

I might be making an add-on tractor yard to the right of the layout......though I have no room left on the sofa. :blush:

Oh, and I received this email today.......

"Hey Shaun,

Sorry about the late reply, the finished model looks great!!

Would I be able to get your mail address details and a contact number, we would love to send you out a little something in appreciation of the time and effort you put into the model?

There may also be opportunities in the future that we would like to get in contact with yourself to possibly display your work or commission work for marketing purposes if you are interested.

I also wanted to ask you Shaun, if you would consent to Coles using one of the images of the finished model to feature on our internal website for team members at mycoles.com.au? This site is available for our +100,000 team members across Coles Supermarkets, Coles Express and Liquor teams, for celebrating success and for new and exciting announcements within the business. We’d obviously credit your work and whether you would like to write a one liner about your experience as an AFOL and model maker."

Keep watching ! :grin:

Wow. Endorsement from the company is pretty much the best possible compliment.

Thanks, yeah I was surprised last week with their first email. Last year I scored 50 bucks in gift cards from LOWES menswear.....brought a nice shirt and a new pair of work shorts.

Currently I'm trying to design some new tractors to go in that yard I'm planning........but my gut is telling me I might have to buy at least one Megabloks John Deere tractor so I have a model to base my Lego ones on......oh, the pain......I dislike Megabloks ! :sick:

Anyway, keep watching ! :wink:

Congratulations on the Corporate recognition! Excellent news and NM looks damn fine.

Thanks 'Toby' and 'eurotrash' for those kind words, hopefully today I start work on the final (or perhaps not final) 48x48 which for the moment will have to be photographed separate from the rest.......you know the sofa isn't wide enough for everything ! :laugh:

I have to design those new tractors and other machinery.......they are going to hurt though. :blush: (my wallet that is :laugh: )

Even though I'm not finished with NM yet.......it will be for the show on April 5 and 6.

It will e on display at Toy Corner on those dates, TC is located at the Dernancourt Shopping Centre, 832 Lower North East Road, Dernancourt.

I hope to have an extra 48x48 to add for this and May's displays......keep watching ! :wink:

Work continues on the end 48x48......I still have a bit to do.

000000_new_mannum_2014_899.jpg

More to come tomorrow......so keep watching ! :grin:

Work continues on the end 48x48......I still have a bit to do.

++SNIP++

More to come tomorrow......so keep watching ! :grin:

Hey, lightningtiger, could you show me a picture of how the roof attaches to the top of that shed? I could use that idea for my locomotive shed! I'll post a picture to show what I mean, if you want.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. sorry!

Edited by Murdoch17

Thanks 'Murdoch17' and yeah, I developed that build idea last year.....those dark blue parts are not cheap. LOL

Keep watching.....I have to finish this today but an overall shot of all 48x48's together will have to wait till Friday's set up day at Toy Corner.

Your Shell stations are always the best! :excited: :excited:

Brick on Tiger! :thumbup:

Thanks 'LT12V', now I still need to get some green plates to finish off the last 48x48.....so keep watching ! :grin:

Thanks 'LT12V', now I still need to get some green plates to finish off the last 48x48.....so keep watching ! :grin:

Ready when you are tiger :laugh: ! We'll be watching and waiting watching and waiting..

Ready when you are tiger :laugh: ! We'll be watching and waiting watching and waiting..

Well, hopefully this afternoon while the wife is getting her hair done. :wink:

So later today I'll have it done......though like I wrote the other day the full display photo will have to wait until next Friday.

Keep watching ! :wink:

I have a question for you, how many towns do you have?

I have seen a few different versions, do you keep them all separate, or do you reuse the parts?

This is something that I have been meaning to ask for some time now. Regardless, everything always looks great!

I have a question for you, how many towns do you have?

I have seen a few different versions, do you keep them all separate, or do you reuse the parts?

This is something that I have been meaning to ask for some time now. Regardless, everything always looks great!

Well, yes to reusing parts.....to save money and keep things fresh (though I'm going to try and keep NM the same for the next few years).

Next I have both New Mannum and Avalonia City (which is intended to grow.......a lot.)

I never new they made that part in dark blue. But I love the roof.

Thanks and I think it's from the Super Heroes theme that blue part.

Keep watching everyone because on Friday sometime I'll be posting pictures from Toy Corner.

Tomorrow morning I'll be making some final adjustments to NM before transporting it the six or so km's to TC for the two day display......some signage on the end structure is going up hopefully in the morning.

Keep watching tomorrow night for the shots of the whole layout.