Sergio512

Lego Ghostbusters HQ - Custom MOC with Lights

The what?

Those tacky like clay that one can stick photos on walls I was wondering if that can be used or I just tape the pieces needed for the sign.

8700 Supporters!

I thank each and every one of you for supporting this project. I never thought that we find so many supporters, that's just amazing!

Now, to get more supporters and reach the target of 10,000, share the link anywhere you can with people you think would be interested.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/60632

Many thanks for your support!

8700 Supporters!

I thank each and every one of you for supporting this project. I never thought that we find so many supporters, that's just amazing!

Now, to get more supporters and reach the target of 10,000, share the link anywhere you can with people you think would be interested.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/60632

Many thanks for your support!

It's like wow everyone really want this I update my many tweets of it is working, once this hits the support and becomes a set I'll find some way to get the money I'll need to get this for sure.

I've tried loading the new designs and it won't load. Has anyone else had issues with the new download?

I contacted Sergio 512 about this and unless you have a really powerfull computer then it won't load the instructions in a build by build mide. What he said to do was create each floor seperatley and this worked.

I've tried loading the new designs and it won't load. Has anyone else had issues with the new download?
I contacted Sergio 512 about this and unless you have a really powerfull computer then it won't load the instructions in a build by build mide. What he said to do was create each floor seperatley and this worked.

When I tried to generate the building guide in LEGO Digital Designer, my machine also choked.

Because I prefer Bricksmith to LEGO Digital Designer, I exported Sergio512's model as an LDraw file and have started to divide the 5707 pieces into sensible steps.

So far I've broken out:

• Fire Hydrant (6 parts)
  • Traffic Light (26 parts)
  • No Ghost Sign (18 parts)
  • Flag (4 parts)
  • Rooftop (201 parts)
  • Telephone (5 parts)
  • Stairway (52 parts)
  • Bathroom (121 parts)
  • Bathroom Sink (14 parts)
  • Bathroom Toilet (9 parts)
  • Bathroom Radiator (7 parts)

That means 463 down, 5244 left to go.

As for mismatches between LDD and LDraw, I only had to change the IDs of four parts:

For those who'd like to see, here's what I've done so far.

Before I proceed further, has anyone else already done this? I'm enjoying peeling away the model layer by layer, but am happy to use someone else's version if they've already done the work.

Edited by smoothbit

I've finished splitting LDD's original LDraw export into steps, you can download a newer version of my LDraw file.

gbhq_v2_stepped_201408172151.png

It now consists of the following sub-models:

• Ground Floor (1769 parts)
  • Fire Hydrant (6 parts)
  • Traffic Light (26 parts)
  • No-Ghost Sign (18 parts)
  • Ground Floor Accessories (196 parts)
  • Telephone (5 parts)
  • First Floor (1281 parts)
  • First Floor Accessories (253 parts)
  • Bathroom (121 parts)
  • Bathroom Sink (14 parts)
  • Bathroom Toilet (9 parts)
  • Bathroom Radiator (7 parts)
  • Second Floor (1466 parts)
  • Flag (4 parts)
  • Second Floor Accessories (276 parts)
  • Stairway (52 parts)
  • Rooftop (204 parts)

These are my intended next actions:

1. Divide "Ground Floor Accessories", "First Floor Accessories" and "Second Floor Accessories" into further sub-models for each item of furniture, divide those sub-models into sensible steps too
  2. Add missing pieces and change incorrect colours the conversion from LDD to LDraw seems to have introduced
  3. Modify the original design to use both fewer bricks and have a stronger structure

Once that's all done, if LEGO's official model is not yet out, I may even build this for real!

Edited by smoothbit

Thank you for doing this, I will have to check it out. I just widened the door by 2 studs using the pictures and some deduction. The more I have been looking at it, it doesn't look like the Ecto-1 will be able to fit that well in the Firehouse with everything on the ground floor.

Now to buy more Sand Green bricks and plates. (they are so damn expensive.)

Beautiful!

Man, how I'd love to have this in my collection... But I don't think I will win any lotery soon enough, so I started trying to build with what I've got. I tore down several builds to make a start, and I soon found out that your design is WAY too big for my budget AND lego brickcollection. I recently got the official Ecto 1. It's a big car, and after my adjustments, it only got bigger...

So I decided to build it for my caricature Ecto 1. :grin: That car is not as long and wide ...but still it will need a BIG firehouse. Undecided i I go through with it...

This MOC is well built and is an excellent creation. Congratulation to Sergio512 for reaching 10,000 support. Hopefully it will pass the stringent review of Lego Ideas so it will become an official lego model and many people could have this at their home.

I started building the base and build the rest brick level by brick level including the swinging wall. I thought that it will be hard if I build the swinging wall last. After each floor, I built the rest of the accessories.

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

I tried to get away with some gluing of lego parts so I make some small changes...

Telephone...

DSC_0135.jpg

The signage outside...

DSC_0137.jpg

Even if lego made an official model like this I will still buy it and keep this MOC... This is can be a good display centerpiece at your home

@ leksivalen

What did you do with semaphore and brick 47905 in yellow. I can not find this brick in yellow?

Thank you for your help

trafffic.png

@ knife2006

Yes, 47905 brick is not available in yellow so I use black. But I used it differently from what Sergio did. See attached picture... you can make it for 2-way traffic or 4-way.

@ leksivalen

What did you do with semaphore and brick 47905 in yellow. I can not find this brick in yellow?

Thank you for your help

What a marvellous MOC... I'd like to do it but i think it's a little bit expenssive to get all the pièces, no??

No problem... :-)

Thank you leksivalen.

Nice solution

Yes it's very expensive especially if your a purist. You have to be creative to get the cost down. But the end result really worth the hassle and headache :-). Just an example of what I did..

1. Part#: 60593

Desc: Window 1 x 2 x 3 Flat Front

Qty: 54

Color: Black

Note: This part cost around 3x the price of dark green ones. I just used whatever I have then the rest I bought used at bricklink (of any color as long as it's cheap). I paint all of it black.

2. Part#: 3010

Desc: Brick 1 x 4

Qty: 76

Color: Dark Orange

Note: This is a little bit rare and VERY EXPENSIVE. I replaced it with brick 1 x 2 which is really cheap.

What a marvellous MOC... I'd like to do it but i think it's a little bit expenssive to get all the pièces, no??

I've started collecting pieces of my own for this project.

Taken a bit of work to the LDD file to reign in the costs.

I've swapped the Dark Orange to Red for the exterior color.

changed the Sand Green to Green for the interior basement colors (and all sand green swapped out)

Had to replace some of the 1x2x3 window pairs with 1x4x3 windows.

Also replaced a couple hundred of the 1x1 with 1 stud on 1 side with 1x2 with studs on 1 side.

Bricklink orders being placed, I'll post here as things go, very excited about this.

P.S. can't wait to park ECTO-1 inside :)

Would be interesting what it looks like... take pics :-)

I've started collecting pieces of my own for this project.

Taken a bit of work to the LDD file to reign in the costs.

I've swapped the Dark Orange to Red for the exterior color.

changed the Sand Green to Green for the interior basement colors (and all sand green swapped out)

Had to replace some of the 1x2x3 window pairs with 1x4x3 windows.

Also replaced a couple hundred of the 1x1 with 1 stud on 1 side with 1x2 with studs on 1 side.

Bricklink orders being placed, I'll post here as things go, very excited about this.

P.S. can't wait to park ECTO-1 inside :)

Edited by leksivalen