Sergio512

Lego Ghostbusters HQ - Custom MOC with Lights

Amazing work! Thanks for making it free as well.

I tried to bricklink the parts and was aware that shipping would be expensive to Australia =(

I gave up; but i will try it again in the near future!

I am speechless, wow, you guys are awesome! here's a lot going on.

@smoothbit, thank you very much for making an LDraw File!

@leksivalen, great pics ;) and very good improvements!

I am happy to see that this project has so many supporters. Thx

Update!

Finished it on Saturday, I'll try to get some pictures and get them online tonight. What a truly magnificent MOC!

Huge and Heavy!

Just makes this one more valuable then :)

I've also got printed arms on the way for the suits hanging in the lockers at the bottom. That'll finish it off.

Looks like it's not becoming an official LEGO set. :cry_sad:

To be fair, TLG would never be able to do this MOC justice. An official set would either be disappointing or very pricey.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your creation with us, Sergio. I came across it some time ago while looking for LEGO GB pics and I was (and still am) really impressed by the amount of details.

Of course they won't produce a big set like this for Ideas... I think everyone should understand already that Lego Ideas is about small, nice sets that fit well with the brand and has never been done before... that is why I also do not understand when people are sending in stuff for Star Wars or Jurassic Park... will never be done. Also big sets like UCS or something - no chance.

Lego Ideas will always produce smaller, cheaper sets that are easy to build.

Of course they won't produce a big set like this for Ideas... I think everyone should understand already that Lego Ideas is about small, nice sets that fit well with the brand and has never been done before... that is why I also do not understand when people are sending in stuff for Star Wars or Jurassic Park... will never be done. Also big sets like UCS or something - no chance.

Sure but then maybe they should mention it somewhere in their rules and stop giving people false hope by featuring some of the big sets in their staff picks.

Looking at this last review and the next one, it seems big sets is what people want. The majority of the ideas reviewed recently features pretty huge sets and it kinda looks like Wall-E won by default this time.

Hi,

i just downloaded both versions of the HQ. My problem is that the second version with interieur won't give me a building instruction in LDD. It's extremly slow and after some time the progress ist reduced again. Maybe some of you had the same problem and is able to help me.

Best wishes

You need a powerful pc just to load the LDD file. If you want I could provide you LDD file for each flor so you don't have any problem.

The instruction generated from the LDD of the whole building is very hard to follow. Its much better if you separate every floor

Hi,

i just downloaded both versions of the HQ. My problem is that the second version with interieur won't give me a building instruction in LDD. It's extremly slow and after some time the progress ist reduced again. Maybe some of you had the same problem and is able to help me.

Best wishes

You need a powerful pc just to load the LDD file. If you want I could provide you LDD file for each flor so you don't have any problem.

The instruction generated from the LDD of the whole building is very hard to follow. Its much better if you separate every floor

It would be very very nice! Sadly i am not able to send PM yet so i think e-mail would be the best way.

Thank you very much!

What is your expierence with the costs of the parts? Just for me to know when i will pay a lot to much;)

around 350Eur... but not more than 400Eur.. you just have to be creative.. try to read from the previous post of an example of how I was able to cut down the cost.

around 350Eur... but not more than 400Eur.. you just have to be creative.. try to read from the previous post of an example of how I was able to cut down the cost.

Is your price estimate for the complete model? I am considering trying to collect the pieces for this and initially just doing the exterior, which I expect would be significantly cheaper. Then I can add interior pieces if I choose to later.

Hi Flash, yours looks great! Any chance of seeing your updated LDD file with the cost cutting changes? Sorry, new here. Hope this doesn't break any rules.....

Also, to the original designer, amazing work - a truly excellent piece!

Sergio512 its such a shame yours wasn't chosen, but you can hold your head up high knowing you had 10,000 plus supporters who thought it was worthy of an official build.

Sure but then maybe they should mention it somewhere in their rules and stop giving people false hope by featuring some of the big sets in their staff picks.

Looking at this last review and the next one, it seems big sets is what people want. The majority of the ideas reviewed recently features pretty huge sets and it kinda looks like Wall-E won by default this time.

I think TLG have nailed their colours to the mast with the sets they have chosen so far from the Ideas "finalists". Ideas is as it says on the tin, I guess and Lego designers will get their ideas for future sets from other peoples submitted ideas!

I have started buying bits for this build (5700 bits), no way on this earth is it going to come out under 400 eur

on average my mixed orders on bricklink over the last two years have usually worked out at 10p a piece, I started last night ordered approx 800 bits,dark orange bricks using 2x1 rather than the impossibly expensive 4x1 bricks & 54+35 black windows along with there clear inserts, trying to get it all from UK suppliers to keep postage costs down & spent just shy of £100 total, black windows were the dearer option I know but if your gonna do it its got to be right so i'm looking at average cost of 12.5p per brick so far, a lot of the small 1s & 2s for the inside i will take from stock but this is going to get out of hand I can see

may have to make a pick a brick +£50 order at Lego to rack up some double points this month

I have started buying bits for this build (5700 bits), no way on this earth is it going to come out under 400 eur

on average my mixed orders on bricklink over the last two years have usually worked out at 10p a piece, I started last night ordered approx 800 bits,dark orange bricks using 2x1 rather than the impossibly expensive 4x1 bricks & 54+35 black windows along with there clear inserts, trying to get it all from UK suppliers to keep postage costs down & spent just shy of £100 total, black windows were the dearer option I know but if your gonna do it its got to be right so i'm looking at average cost of 12.5p per brick so far, a lot of the small 1s & 2s for the inside i will take from stock but this is going to get out of hand I can see

may have to make a pick a brick +£50 order at Lego to rack up some double points this month

I'm about half way with the bits & so far I have spent £270 (377 euros) so this is going to not be far short of £500 when finished & that was doing some cost saving on colours

Thanks Sergio512, Leksivalen, and everyone else who posted in this thread; and also for making the instructions free for all of us to pursue :)

A djayk stated above, there is no 3rd floor accessory file? Did anyone manage to produce one? Everything else works well :)

Last question, where did you guys get the stickers for this beautiful MOC, ie the ghostbusters sign outside as well as the hazard stickers on the yellow tiles? I saw some on eBay but they looked nothing like the ones in this thread.