Sergio512

Lego Ghostbusters HQ - Custom MOC with Lights

hey guys,

small update on the interior of the Firehouse - which wall color you like more at the containment unit part? (Brick-Yellow or Dark Stone Grey?). As you can see, the bathroom can easy be removed entire to get to the bedroom. Have gone more ahead, as can be seen in the picture...

ghostbusters-hq_20140504.png

What are you going to have on the other floors?

A kitchen, sleeping quarters and offices?

Yes,

First Floor: kitchen, dining table, Arcade, Two beds - no more space :(... and a removable bathroom-modul

Second Floor: Egon's - lab, TV & couch chill-area, pool Table

Ground floor interior looking good Sergio512. Can't wait to see how your upper floors turn out.

Thanks ;)

I'm know for stupid questions, but this one's probably gonna make me famous:

Does the upcomming Ecto 1 fit in the garage? Lenght- and heightwise?

its not a stupid question. I ask myself all the time... unfortunately it is only an estimation, as soon as I hold the final lego product in my hands, I can say more. and a small adjustment in the width is not a big thing. ;)

Absolute adorable design. Congratulations.

I have checked a little bit how much it would cost via brickink. This dark orange color makes it quite expensive. But with red color scheme it is too similar to the Lego fire brigade. Hope we can see pictures when your interior design is finished.

Best regards,

Klaas

Thanks Klaas. Yes, the choice of color reduces the price extreme. and with the red bricks it looks awesome too. more pics from the interior are follow...

Wauw, so nice!!! Keep doing this great work on the interior and tahnks for sharing your ldd-files!

Thank you ;) I will continue to share the updated files... stay tuned.

hey guys,

small update on the interior of the Firehouse - which wall color you like more at the containment unit part? (Brick-Yellow or Dark Stone Grey?). As you can see, the bathroom can easy be removed entire to get to the bedroom. Have gone more ahead, as can be seen in the picture...

Yes,

First Floor: kitchen, dining table, Arcade, Two beds - no more space :(... and a removable bathroom-modul

Second Floor: Egon's - lab, TV & couch chill-area, pool Table

Great progress Sergio512. Are the interiors available on the instructions?

BIG UPDATE! :)

The Lego Ghostbusters Headquarter is now completely finished. I present to you the full playable interior design.

ghostbusters-hq_v2.jpg

Ground Floor:

- Flight Suit Cabins with removable Uniforms

- fireman's pole (playable)

- Janine's Desk (here will be another desk-phone added) and maybe the alarm button

- Peter's Desk

- Alarm Bell

- lighting ( missing here Cyclinder Hemisphere 2 x 2 with Cutout)

- and many more details

Basement:

- The Containment Unit is attached to the opening wall, so this is more like a basement.

The stairs could be to get down to the basement or to the first floor, anyone can play on his way...

1st Floor

- Kitchen and dining area with many details

- Arcade area

- Bedroom

- removable bathroom (not seen in this rendering - already built)

- removable stairs to the 2nd Floor (not seen in this rendering - already built)

- fireman's pole hole (railing must be installed, not possible in the LDD)

2nd Floor

- Egon's Lab with many great thinks

- Analysis apparatus and computer attached to the head of Louis "The Keymaster" Tully

- Rack to keep the Ghost-Traps or other equipment

- Alarm Bell (otherwise you can not hear the alarm from below ;)

- Pool Table

- Couch and TV Area

- fireman's pole hole (railing must be installed, not possible in the LDD)

The Roof is removable

and many more details and moving elements distributed over all floors

Next step will be to order all the needed parts and build the whole thing in real. I'm looking forward to the result.

Once I have tested it in real I'll put the new LDD file online.

Have Fun. And see you soon

P.S. Don't forget to support this Project on Lego Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/60632

The interior looks great, love the flight suit cabins, and I think you came up with a good solution for the placement ghost storage unit. That is a lot of bricks with double walls!

Well done Sergio 512 on completing your LDD design of the GB Firehouse. Looking forward to seeing your brick built version if your wallet can hold out!

Edited by scottwb2010

Is this big enough to fit the Ecto-1 Lego Set? or it needs to be modifed to do so? I could use this for a future Brickflim that I'm using my Lego Lone Ranger Locomotive as the Ghost train of New York City that's haunting the subway or somethin' like that.

No, the Ecto-1 doesn't fit through the door. I have bricklinked this beautiful building :classic:

post-50621-0-94119500-1402074262_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, the new official released Ecto-1 does not fit trough the doors :( and it's to big to fit in the interior, ... How unlucky... Some changes and improvements are needed. I do not want to make the building bigger, it should still fit well with the other modular Lego Sets.

No, the Ecto-1 doesn't fit through the door. I have bricklinked this beautiful building :classic:

how pity it would been nice to use in brickflims as if it was coming out from the firehouse if only I could up scale it a tad bit oh well....

HAPPY 30th GHOSTBUSTERS ANNIVERSARY!

The Lego Ghostbusters Headquarter is completed!

Now Ecto-1 will fit through the doors and has a place in it. Unfortunately I had to remove a desk. So I joined together Janine and Peter's desk. I think this solution is not so bad. With Lego you have to make compromises... what do you think about the improvements and update? let me know.

gbhq-complete-01.jpg

gbhq-complete-02.jpg

gbhq-complete-03.jpg

Edited by Sergio512

good update I can finally do the perfect stop motion of it coming out with this super detailed HQ it would be really good for Brickfliming. I would love to get this as a set and do my amazing Brickflims, I will so want this since the ecto-1 can now fit through the doors now.

Even if this doesn't make it as an offical set do you have an updated version of your LDD file of this, so I can build it on my own when I have the chance to get my pieces that I would need?

Edited by Prince Manic

Really great representation of the GB headquarter! :thumbup::sweet:

I have a strange feeling about the stair between the two upper floors... :look:

Magnificient interior! I really love it.

Btw, there seems to be something wrong with the upper most stair, as mentioned before (1x3 plate missing?)

Hi Guys, thanks, yap something is wrong with the stairs, maybe a build mistake, thank you for your attention. in the ldd it is correct.

anyway i have to make some improvements before releasing the instructions and ldd.

here are more pics to make the waiting time more exciting:

ghostbuster-hq-v2-01.jpg

ghostbuster-hq-v2-12.jpg

ghostbuster-hq-v2-04.jpgghostbuster-hq-v2-07.jpg

ghostbuster-hq-v2-13.jpg

ghostbuster-hq-v2-11.jpgghostbuster-hq-v2-06.jpg

Looks good and the doors are perfect now how did you revised the front doors so the Ecto-1 has all the room it needs? I would love to see this as an official set but it would be like about 150 dollars to get it though.

Edited by Prince Manic

I've got the V2 and the Phone and sign states there's alt construction to them should I experiment to do that? - I was thinking of something not sure that tacky stuff would be best I may need the Lego pieces if I decide to use them for future projects

Edited by Prince Manic