Sign in to follow this  
Lobot

[SoNE Ep IV] Sector C 'Eeek, it's a Mouse (Droid)'

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is my entry for Episode IV of SoNE

Sector C: Communications station

The fleeing rebels run through an endless maze of corridors and chambers and eventually stumble upon the main Communications centre. The unarmed Imperial Officers don't stand a chance against the evil rebels and prepare for the inevitable end. However, in the last moment one of the officers activates a trusty mouse droid and, at the sight of it, the rebels flee in terror :wink:

I'm quite pleased with this, although it's been almost impossible to photograph.....as usual illuminated with Technic LEDs. I'd originally intended to build several searchlights to illuminate the main tower, but the LEDs aren't bright enough so I had to give up on that idea! I spent ages on the internal rocks, I know that it's very odd but it was probably the most fun part of the build. I'm still not 100% happy with the main communication tower, but this is about v15 and it's driving me nuts!

Main shot (The rebels flee in terror, at the first sight of the little mouse droid):

img_5755.jpg

Daytime shot (I'm quite pleased with the design of the rocks):

img_5740.jpg

Overall layout (I can't believe how much time I've spent on the main tower!):

img_5814.jpg

Interior (with top section removed):

img_5812.jpg

Anyway, I hope that you like it, good luck to my Imperial brothers in the competition! C & C always welcome :classic:

AHA! Take THAT you silly rebels! :laugh: This whole thing looks fine to me, but I would like to see a straight on picture of the communications room. Other than that, this is great!

P.S. Your rocks do look very good.

Eeeek! Mousedroid? Where? ... o, it's just a picture.

Awesome creation, Lobot! Your LEDs always do the trick, and you always integrate them seamlessly in a wonderful build: I can't spot any wires. About that wonderful build: you're right about those rocks, that they look really good. Maybe some SNOT would make it even better, or some color variation (we're on a volcanic planet after all, so some black rocks wouldn't look off). I also like the contrast with the tiled floor, and your decision to go for a studded top isn't bad at all. That communications tower is well executed as well, with jus the right amount of detail. I love how you've extended it into the lower level as well. The details there are very good by the way.

For a communication center, i do have the feeling there are too few consoles and screens there, but that isn't your main focus of course. Your mouse droid is. Glamorous! Now I know why those Rebels never have any mouse droids on board and count on crancky stromechs and useless protocol droids... Yup, mousedroids, the glory of the Empire. They deserve this kind of spotlight. Someone give that droid a medal.

You've made the Empire proud, trooper, and It's good to have you back for this episode. Let's conquer this sector with your awesome build!

Another masterpiece Bob, the led illumination certainly helps out giving it the underground feeling.

Thanks Nom, hopefully it will be good propoganda for our cause! :wink:

AHA! Take THAT you silly rebels! :laugh: This whole thing looks fine to me, but I would like to see a straight on picture of the communications room. Other than that, this is great!

P.S. Your rocks do look very good.

Thanks, added :classic:

This is great! :classic:

I love the lighting and the comedy of the mouse droid :grin:

Thanks, the LEDs are always tricky to get right, but it's an interesting challenge!

Eeeek! Mousedroid? Where? ... o, it's just a picture.

Awesome creation, Lobot! Your LEDs always do the trick, and you always integrate them seamlessly in a wonderful build: I can't spot any wires. About that wonderful build: you're right about those rocks, that they look really good. Maybe some SNOT would make it even better, or some color variation (we're on a volcanic planet after all, so some black rocks wouldn't look off). I also like the contrast with the tiled floor, and your decision to go for a studded top isn't bad at all. That communications tower is well executed as well, with jus the right amount of detail. I love how you've extended it into the lower level as well. The details there are very good by the way.

For a communication center, i do have the feeling there are too few consoles and screens there, but that isn't your main focus of course. Your mouse droid is. Glamorous! Now I know why those Rebels never have any mouse droids on board and count on crancky stromechs and useless protocol droids... Yup, mousedroids, the glory of the Empire. They deserve this kind of spotlight. Someone give that droid a medal.

You've made the Empire proud, trooper, and It's good to have you back for this episode. Let's conquer this sector with your awesome build!

Thanks BEAVeR, I appreciate your comments. I considered using dark brown, but it didn't look right (and if I remember my Geology, igneous rocks are typically black or very dark grey!). In the prototype stage I included several mineral 'veins' to break it up a bit, using some trans-neon green 1x1 studs, but I couldn't create the look that I was hoping for so they didn't make the final cut! I did consider adding more consoles, but it was starting to look a bit cluttered....and with the way technology is going these days the Empire could have run the entire system via a smartphone! :laugh:

I forgot to include this photo in my original post :blush:

img_5742.jpg

A few more LEDs to enjoy! Good luck to everyone, even my Rebel friends :classic:

Good work! especially with the LEDs! it gives a certain character to the build

WHAT?! I haven't commented yet and it's been up for ages! This is beautiful. The overall simplicity and yet the minute details make this perfect. The LEDs complete what is a great build! Your build will help the war effort for the Empire

Great build! Your Communications tower is probably one of my favorite structures from this challenge - it looks excellent. I also really like the little computer station and the use of the LED lights. The last picture looks great. Excellent job!