Hey everyone!

After thinking about this idea for about a week, I have decided to do something no one as ever done before, as far as I know.

That is to make a 2 L motor, 1 Servo motor, V2 Receiver, 1 Rechargeable Battery Box, Full Independent Suspension, interchangeable chassis. The idea is to use this chassis as a base for both a Dune Buggy and Stadium Truck, all you have to do is swap different tires and rims and bodywork.

Now I figured since many people like instructions I might as well make them for this project. What I will do is make an LDD file for the chassis and then another LDD file for the bodywork. Also the chassis instructions will cost about $5. That way you can buy the chassis instructions and get the bodywork instructions for free.

To switch the bodywork you will most likely have to take off a few pins and swap the tires and rims according to the bodywork that you have.

I'm thinking of basing them on 1/10 scale RC vehicles, so in truth I guess they could be 1/1 scale if the proportions are correct.

Here's what I would like to model or something close to it:

HPI_Nitro_Firestorm_10T_RTR_110_Scale_2WD_Nitro_Stadium_Truck_w2.4GHz_Radio__84048_zoom.jpg

aexo5-640x426.jpg

These are the kinds of body styles I want on the vehicle. The Stadium Truck will have the 42000 tires while the Dune Buggy will either have tires from 9398 or 8110.

Also I will not be able to start the actual building of these vehicles until I finish making videos for my Trophy Truck, Tracked Arctic Explorer, and Kamaz 4326 4x4.

Stay tuned for the beginning of this project!

That sounds great! looking forward to it!.

If you need some detailed pics of the HPI E firestorm let me know. They are awesome trucks, mines 5 years old now, and I drove it into a concrete wall, cracked in half! With a little fixing still goes hard! :thumbup:

Looking forward to these other beasts as well!

Random "US" question, whats the highest octane you can get from the pump for petrol (gas) Cheers.

Actually own a exo terra buggy (second photo you got) An its a really beefy heavy rc but should be very doable in technic I'd totaly recommend grabbing a manual off Axials site for refferences on how to make most of your lego version I'd go with the 8110 tires for a more scale like look.

The second I'd look at something a bit older like a losi XXXt or a RC10t the older 1/10 stadium trucks would have easier idea of how to make the chassis.

That sounds great! looking forward to it!.

If you need some detailed pics of the HPI E firestorm let me know. They are awesome trucks, mines 5 years old now, and I drove it into a concrete wall, cracked in half! With a little fixing still goes hard! :thumbup:

Looking forward to these other beasts as well!

Random "US" question, whats the highest octane you can get from the pump for petrol (gas) Cheers.

Actually own a exo terra buggy (second photo you got) An its a really beefy heavy rc but should be very doable in technic I'd totaly recommend grabbing a manual off Axials site for refferences on how to make most of your lego version I'd go with the 8110 tires for a more scale like look.

The second I'd look at something a bit older like a losi XXXt or a RC10t the older 1/10 stadium trucks would have easier idea of how to make the chassis.

Thanks guys, I hope I can make the chassis accurate in a way to fit a buggy and a stadium truck body. I will try to find out more about the Axial chassis, though. I have some idea as to how I am going to make the chassis, since I currently have a Traxxas Slash 2WD Mark Jenkins edition.

Also I have finished my Tracked Arctic Explorer video, and hopefully I'll get to work on the Trophy Truck and Kamaz videos this weekend.

( I don't know the answer to your question Doc Brown, sorry.)

> Random "US" question, whats the highest octane you can get from the pump for petrol (gas) Cheers.

The US public can purchase gas with octane >100 at race tracks. The gas station for the track is very often open to the public.

From the various gas station chains... the best we get is around 92 octane, sometimes 93. There may be a state or two which still has SOME chains offering 94, but I haven't seen it in years.

Good luck with your projects!

Alright everyone, unfortunately I have to change this project a bit. I'm going to still make instructions for it, but now the parts needed are a bit more plentiful. I hope to model something like this:

99325-lg.jpg

So the bad part is that I will no longer be making two different types of bodywork, I will only make this shape. Plus the size is going to be bumped up to almost 1/8 scale ( I think ) with 9398 tires. It also will have 4 L motors and 2 Rechargeable Battery boxes, instead of 2 and 1. Now I'm looking for a really powerful buggy with decent speed.

Unfortunately the weather hasn't been great, so I probably won't be able to start the building process until next week. :cry_sad:

Couldn't you go a smaller scale? It would be lighter and possibly faster? You could use the 9397 truck wheels on the front and the 9393 (I think) tractor's rear wheels. Or a slightly larger scale using the 81.4 tires...

But it's really up to you, I am eager to see this project develop either way.

I don't think I can, in fact the scale should really be more like 1/10. It still has to be big to fit the axles, Servo, and all 4 L motors in a chassis that's supposed to be about 11 studs wide altogether. Plus the 2 battery boxes somewhere in the rear.

Me too, not very many people have 4 L motors, but I think they have some untapped potential for a vehicle like this.

> Random "US" question, whats the highest octane you can get from the pump for petrol (gas) Cheers.

The US public can purchase gas with octane >100 at race tracks. The gas station for the track is very often open to the public.

From the various gas station chains... the best we get is around 92 octane, sometimes 93. There may be a state or two which still has SOME chains offering 94, but I haven't seen it in years.

Good luck with your projects!

Thanks for your answer! We get 95 and 98 commonly and 100 sometimes from normal stations.

Alright everyone, unfortunately I have to change this project a bit. I'm going to still make instructions for it, but now the parts needed are a bit more plentiful. I hope to model something like this:

99325-lg.jpg

So the bad part is that I will no longer be making two different types of bodywork, I will only make this shape. Plus the size is going to be bumped up to almost 1/8 scale ( I think ) with 9398 tires. It also will have 4 L motors and 2 Rechargeable Battery boxes, instead of 2 and 1. Now I'm looking for a really powerful buggy with decent speed.

Unfortunately the weather hasn't been great, so I probably won't be able to start the building process until next week. :cry_sad:

That looks sweet! Can't wait. :thumbup:

I don't think I can, in fact the scale should really be more like 1/10. It still has to be big to fit the axles, Servo, and all 4 L motors in a chassis that's supposed to be about 11 studs wide altogether. Plus the 2 battery boxes somewhere in the rear.

Me too, not very many people have 4 L motors, but I think they have some untapped potential for a vehicle like this.

Good idea of a Project. I Would love to be able to make 1/8 or 1/10 scale buggy out of lego.

As for motors. I like some really cool creations out of lego, but a good few of them use buggy motors. Thats one part I dont want to go in to hassle of getting and setting up as an Casual AFOL. Buying 4 L Motors sounds a lot better and easier then buying any buggy motors and all neded stuff on Bricklinks.

So any update on this?

Unfortunately, not really. I will try to get a completed video of the Trophy Truck, which has the other 2 L motors, this weekend and then building can start. I have begun working on the instructions a little though.

I am sorry for the little updates, but I assure you I am dying to get into this build.