Sign in to follow this  
andhe

A superhero MOC

Way back in September '13 Quickblade set himself the task of creating a number of superhero/villain characters.

(http://www.flickr.co...ith/10028636683)

I jumped on that bandwagon as had also fancied dipping my toe into some superhero MOCing/fig making.

(http://www.flickr.co...157634972572904)

I've finally got round to building a scene that incorporates one of my original superheroes, a Batman type character called 'Nightknite'. I had fun trying to do something outside of my usual castle building, though admittedly there are plenty of transferable techniques. I was however quite please with the rooftop 'greebles' that were a bit of a last minute addition to the build.

12949603963_978871c561_n.jpg

The break-in #2 by andhe :-), on Flickr

Story and more pictures below:

Booom! The sound echoed down the street as the blast tore away the back wall. Two figures emerged from the dust and debris. "Grab the gear and let's get going. I don't wanna be caught standing with our hands in the cookie jar if you know what I mean"

The second figure entered the bank through the newly created entrance disappearing into the vault. High above them a dark outline stood biding his time. His cape fluttered in the nights breeze. Up until now it had been a fairly quiet one. He had prevented a car theft near the ABS building and apprehended a couple of street punks hiding a stash of 'clone', one of the many vices that were a blight on Brickhaven. Then his scanner had picked up the silent alarm of this secure storage facility downtown.

He had found it strange that of all the businesses in the Central Bricking District the criminals had chosen this one. It wasn't the biggest, nor the easiest to break in to, so they must be after something in particular. He recognised them as the Doppler gang, career criminals he had tussled with before, but not a major threat. So he stood, and waited.

"Hurry up you grunt! The cops will be here soon!" "I thought that's what we wanted?" replied the second, emerging through the hole in the wall. "Not until we've got set up!".

Police sirens began to wail in the distance, the shadowy watchman checked his scanner. Four cop cars, 35 seconds from his position. It was time to act.

12948738805_72cf3b682d_n.jpg

The break-in by andhe :-), on Flickr

12947267883_1babf8f321_n.jpg

Trouble downtown by andhe :-), on Flickr

This build was for the 'League of Lego Heroes' group on flickr. It's a collaborative universe of original superhero characters and MOCs, and is just getting going.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/llh

Thanks for looking,

Andhe

I like it! Really Batman-ish! Te roof greebles are nice, and the building techniques are superb!

Yeah it's very hard to not just rip-off existing superheroes... but hopefully his backstory is different enough to stop him being a straight copy of the Dark Knight! :/

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it's not the best build around here but each step we help one another build better!

Really nice I like buildings with character

I really like the use of the grey parrots!

Thanks guys, I'm mostly a minifig maker but dip my toe into MOCs every now and then, and they tend to mostly be inspired by a fig I've created.

I was also quite pleased with this picture, which was a fortunate accident involving trying to light the MOC with a desk lamp.

12948909625_6f2d60c567_n.jpg

The shadowy watchman by andhe :-), on Flickr

If you're interested in creating your own superhero characters, head over to the flickr group.

- andhe

This is great!

I love your building techniques! Very gothic!!

Thanks, I haven't really built 'modern' buildings before, as I mainly MOC in castle stuff... so I think that ended up seeping through!

An excellent MOC.

Thanks, glad you liked it.