Hi everyone

My name is Rui and I’m an afol from Portugal.

It’s been a while since I’ve been around this website and forum (especially the technic one) but as I didn’t want to continue being one of the guests, here I am.

As most of the afol, I went through a dark age. Mine lasted from age 15 till about 7 years ago, while shopping for Lego sets for my young boy about Christmas time when I noticed the 8275 Bulldozer and thought – Wow this is Lego technic today! It was a lot of money so I didn’t buy it but forces were in motion. A few days after I spotted an 8273 Off Road Truck at 50% off and that was it. I was 38 then.

After that I bought several technic sets but as I started having a lot of parts and discovered bricklink, I’ve been bricklinking models for the last 3 years buying just the parts needed.

I’m essentially a builder from instructions but like to add some mods either for esthetics or simply because some part is missing.

My boys are 8 and 11 today and they are also lego builders. Having 2 sons gives me the best excuse to search, talk, build and buy lego!

Best to you all,

Rui

Having 2 sons gives me the best excuse to search, talk, build and buy lego!

Very true! :)

Welcome!