arc

fishing rod help?

I have a brand new ugly stik fishing rod, and was going to take it out today. But I cant seem to line it right. What I'm doing is I flip the bail, take the line, (which came pre-spooled) and put it through the holes on the rod, (Not sure what the proper name is) and flip the bail back. but my problem is, when I crank the real, its feeding line rather than retracting it. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I don't fish, but I asked my dad about your issue. He's an avid fisherman who has probably 30+ rods and ties his own flies. Here are several things he says to check:

-The spool may be on backwards.

-The line may be fed on the spool wrong.

-The reel may be on backwards. Reels are made for left and right hand use, and you may have a left hand reel setup for right hand use, or the other way around. Some reels are interchangeable and the reel can easily be flipped around, depending on the seat design.

If that doesn't help, you might be able to take your rod to a Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, etc for some help. Most Wal-Marts have a counter back in their outdoor section too.

Just some ideas there...

Ah LEGO site with fishing questions? Seems a bit weird. :D

Well, this is the community forum, which is "all the chit chat that belongs no where else" ; ) why make an account an some other forum when we have the Eb community?

Well, this is the community forum, which is "all the chit chat that belongs no where else" ; ) why make an account an some other forum when we have the Eb community?

Makes perfect sense, just weird. ;) I've always wanted to go fishing just never had anyone to take me. :/