ShadowWolfHount

Review: Ninja Tornado Ninja (Ninjago Knockoffs)

Hello everyone this is my first review and it's on the Ninjago Knockoff sets known as Ninja Tornado Ninja, I can't show you the boxes because when I have gotten them, they never came with there boxes only the parts in there bags. now let me show you what they look like and hope you like my first review on the knockoff sets.

The Price I have gotten them all together is $30 but I don't know how much it is for just one of them.

13091703155_922ced02e0_z.jpg

Now this is something new because normally of what I know of, knockoff are mainly copy of a original Hero Factory, Bionicle or any other Lego sets but this is different, instead of making copy of set, they made there own set with a copy of a Lego Theme (that is Ninjago). The only sad thing is that there aren't any Black Ninja (Cole) and the Green Ninja. There really nothing much to say about there build because they are mainly the same build as a Normal Ultrabuild sets. also the sets quality are alright but the feet and one of the Yellow Heads cracked the 2nd time I put it on.

Instructionsand and Extra Pieces:

13091828683_807bb23e26_z.jpg

I mainly would just say "here the Instruction nothing much to it" the end let's party, at the end of that part but I it's different from Lego Ultrabuild Instruction for Normal size.

The Instructions are in my opinion better then Lego Instructions of ultrabuild sets (for normal size), it don't use a Instructions book and it a little better to follow and no need to flip page to page and also put the Instruction for the weapon in one part of the page and not in like 3 pages.

Also the Extra Pieces for all four of theme are 4 Red Axle (ones without Notches) and 4 Black Pin.

Cards:

13091814393_98f3d026b4_z.jpg

The card look great and look a lot like the same cards that Lego had made the only thing that is different is that the back of the card have Zane and that it feels a little like sand paper. I don't know if they come in as random but if anyone getting these set's please let me know.

New Parts and Recolors:

13091821863_829e06d932_z.jpg

The Body Armor recolor look amazing and looks like the Minifigures but have some things different with Jay they used the Rebooted Torso and the difference is that it's not all in a Blue color, Kai they used the ZX Torso and the difference with it is that the Stars are on the left and not the right, Lloyd they used the Gold Ninja Torso and the difference is the same as Jay. With Zane Torso is that it nothing the same from any of Zane torso but used Cole Rebooted Torso. Another amazing thing is that it have a Red and Blue body armor and Red is a good thing because Lego have shown a Red Body armor before and never made it into a set.

The other recolor parts look great for making some good MOCs and we are going to have the Brain Attack Sword in Black from Zane and Gold from Kai plus I am going to love using that Black Brain Attack Sword, the gold one we are getting two in a office Lego Ninjago set in the summer of 2014 but it's good that we can get it before it comes out. Another thing that great about Lloyd I MEAN the Golden Ninja is that it have Golden Hand, so you can give Rocka gold hands and you don't have to keep waiting for Lego to make a Gold Hand (where your Gold Hands Lego), there are also Gold Technics pieces, I don't know what use that is for MOCing but if you're crazy about gold (like Lego) then here your Gold Technic parts. The set's also have Blue and White Size 4 Armor, the White from Zane & Kai and the Blue from Jay, plus the armor would be great for HF MOC makers. Last we also get a Breakout Sword in all Silver, Silver Spike, Black Axle 4 with Stop, Axe/Sword thing in Silver and Flame/Lightning Boltin Trans-Blue.

Now my favorite thing about this, the Glatorian Head recolor and Ninja Masks, they look awesome a look like they put more in the mask and they can be great for a Ninja MOC, of what you can see they come in Blue, White, Red and Gold but again the sadly there isn't a Cole and Green Ninja so that there is a Green and Black Ninja Mask. The Glatorian Head in Yellow and have Black Eyes look great but don't like that all four of the Ninja have the same eyes (but that just me).

Weapons and Upgraded parts

13091989344_0eb7c3fd16_z.jpg

1. The weapons are nothing new and the don't know the name of some of the weapons, one of Kai weapon is mainly Ogrum Weapon but the good thing is if you have a love for Chain Piece like me then you can get more of those Chain from Kai.

2. Of what you can see, HF Hand, Axle Connector 2 x 3 Quadruple, Axle Connector and Half of a Spiked Ball don't have anything from stopping it from going through the axle connector and to me this is a good thing with the Axle Connector 2 x 3 Quadruple and HF Hands because with a MOCer like me, you can do a lot more with something like that.

Backpack Thingy:

13091973504_0af990f57a_z.jpg

Here how they put the Ninja Sword (aka brain Attack sword) on it's back and I really do like the Idea of this and that just back it with this... moving on.

Gold and White Ninja:

Set name: Golden Ninja

Set Number: 504

Pieces: 53

Set name: White Ninja

Set Number: 503

Pieces: 51

13091810613_ebc6acdfcd_z.jpg

13091659605_79102a09a8_z.jpg

Just putting this out there, In my Opinion these two are my favorite out of the four.

Blue and Red Ninja:

Set name: Blue Ninja

Set Number: 502

Pieces: 59

Set name: Red Ninja

Set Number: 501

Pieces: 75

13091672605_02a81feb0f_z.jpg

13091963784_24a0bc56ed_z.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13091666405_5b197b89aa_z.jpg

Riaso: RIASOOOOOOOGO

Ninja red: WHO IS THIS GUY

Ninja White: I have no idea

Overall the set's are Alright set's and I give it a 7/10 if you want to have a Ninja Mask, a new color of the Glatorian Head and a lot of new recolor and if you want to have Ultrabuilds of the ninjago Characters then I do recommend it.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Interesting. Kinda cool actually. I wish Lego made these figures because it seems like something I'd get. But since they're knockoffs... Eh. No thanks.

That ninja hood looks nice. But it seems it'd limit pose-ability due to how it's molded.

Where on earth did you get these from? I'd like to pick some of these up for myself...

These sets are pretty fantastic. The way they're able to convey the look and feel of Ninjago characters into a constraction format deserves praise; we'll probably talk about some of these in the next TTV podcast episode.

Where on earth did you get these from? I'd like to pick some of these up for myself...

These sets are pretty fantastic. The way they're able to convey the look and feel of Ninjago characters into a constraction format deserves praise; we'll probably talk about some of these in the next TTV podcast episode.

I have gotten this site, if you want to buy them, go right ahead.

It's sad when knockoff companies make the things the main producing company should make.

That said, these look rather good.

If these were made by the brand we love so much... I'd be the proud owner of all of them!

HOLY MEGABLOCK.

And I wondered in the Ninjago Thread why they don't made them.

Maybe they stole lego Prototypes and we are getting them in future?!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

HOLY MEGABLOCK.

And I wondered in the Ninjago Thread why they don't made them.

Maybe they stole lego Prototypes and we are getting them in future?!

i don't think that's the case, since the head using glatorian head. as far as we know, those head mold aren't used anymore since brain attack. and lego usually would just use new, specific head mold for this kind of ultrabuild, like on superheroes and chima ultrabuilds used specific head mold.

these ultrabuilds seems quite cool, especially the ninja headrobe, tough i don't see myself getting these knock-offs, mainly because of quality.

and i also wondered if it's allowed to do review of knock-offs here in this subforum, because as far i know, knock-offs review usually done on community forum. but then again, it's admin's decision, not mine.

Edited by bacem

It's sad when knockoff companies make the things the main producing company should make.

Indeed also sad to see that there wasn't any black and Green Ninja. Also I would be amaze to see if there was a UltraBuild knockoff of Star Wars, you remember those one Star Wars Cuusoo Project, if there was a Knockoff set of those and use Glatorian heads for those that have helmets, that would be awesome.

If these were made by the brand we love so much... I'd be the proud owner of all of them!

Indeed, I maybe buying a lot of those if they made a official Ninjago Sets.

and i also wondered if it's allowed to do review of knock-offs here in this subforum, because as far i know, knock-offs review usually done on community forum. but then again, it's admin's decision, not mine.

Well I put it on here because it's is a Ultrabuild and Ultrabuild are Action Figures and it's also a copy of a Lego Theme and Build with copy of Lego Parts.

But the truth of the matter is this is a LEGO forum and these are not LEGO. The community forum is indeed a better place for this. I will move the topic.

These are actually pretty neat. If only they were made by TLG...

So the only thing stopping you from buying these is that they're not made by LEGO? Why?

So the only thing stopping you from buying these is that they're not made by LEGO? Why?

Parts quality, probably. The inferior quality will lead to frequent breakage (as has already been described in the first post). Still, whether I MoCed with the pieces or not I may pick some of these up at some point.

Parts quality, probably. The inferior quality will lead to frequent breakage (as has already been described in the first post). Still, whether I MoCed with the pieces or not I may pick some of these up at some point.

That and the fact that I will not support clone brands... It's heresy ya see... :wink:

That and the fact that I will not support clone brands... It's heresy ya see... :wink:

Actually, it isn't.

I hate to admit it, but these look pretty cool.

LEGO did Chima Ultrabuild figures, and Chima's got minifigs, so it's not too hard to imagine them doing this officially.

If that Red torso was un-printed I'd pounce on it immediately.

Gold's hands.. which are gold, and probably the only color they haven't been in officially, are pretty desirable too.

Those Glatorian heads look a little odd. I wonder if they have the same 'brittle' cups?

While they do look pretty cool together, I imagine the quality of the pieces aren't as good as the official stuff.. how did they feel when you handled them?

Interesting review! Thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

Wow, all of these look LEGO-quality, and all of them better than, say, Breakout Nex. I love the katana backpack feature, along with the fitting scarf piece (if only...), and the aesthetics created by the armor are very fitting. If only they had the Technoblades. And were made by LEGO. I'd snap them up in a heartbeat.

Wow, all of these look LEGO-quality, and all of them better than, say, Breakout Nex. I love the katana backpack feature, along with the fitting scarf piece (if only...), and the aesthetics created by the armor are very fitting. If only they had the Technoblades. And were made by LEGO. I'd snap them up in a heartbeat.

Indeed they do look better then Nex but don't forget Breakout Bulk and It would be awesome if they had the Technoblades then those weapons that they have.

Really nice quality. I will get them myself. I don't know why you guys are not interested in ninjago or what?

we interested in ninjago, but not supporting knock-offs.

This

They are goddamn copycats, gaining profit out of someone else.

Highly unusual case with knock offs but they do look quite nice. And its just me or does it seem that construction figure build fits these guys more then to Chima and Super Heroes Ultrabuilds?

Apologies for necroing this thread, but I got these last year! The shoulderpads and white 4M armour shells have proven to be extremely useful in MOCing. I would like to make some warnings to those who want to but them though;

• Do not use official Lego armour addons with the armour shells from these models. The connection holes are tighter, and will squeeze on the pegs on the Lego addons.
  • Be very careful with the shoulderpads, as the connection pegs are pretty delicate.
  • Also be careful with the prints, as they can smear if you apply too much heat to them - i.e. handling the head pieces after wearing gloves

Edited by LewiMOC