and TLG is still wondering why they don't sell more trains?! All kids like trains, my cousins and nieces are always totally mad about our trains when they come over / stay at us in vacation. The sets should be reasonably prices. A passenger train for about 100€, the cargo version should be 150€ max.

Those are the USD prices. They're much more pricier than the last City Trains waves... :sad:

Perhaps the USD is not as healthy as back in the days.

Can we get pics of the passenger train where the front end is assembled correctly? Or are they setting us up for a horrible fitting piece since neither end of the train is actually pushed down together?

Little disappointed with price increases since it appears we are actually getting a little less with each set.

Also I have to say, Lego are bricks, why do they keep forcing massive pieces like the front of the pass train on us? I have never wrapped my mind around that and it always sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

It looks like the new trains and station are coming out in August which is good as it gives me more time to save up. Will the UK price of the high speed passenger train be £100 do you think? It may be more I am sure the new station will be £50.

and TLG is still wondering why they don't sell more trains?! All kids like trains, my cousins and nieces are always totally mad about our trains when they come over / stay at us in vacation. The sets should be reasonably prices. A passenger train for about 100€, the cargo version should be 150€ max.

I couldn't agree more. These sets are too expensive, and I'm a little upset.

The new Simpson minifigs will be $4 each?

$250 for a whacked out floating cow?

Madness. I'm going to stop buying new sets for awhile.

Joe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eiker86/12498864423/

In this picture from LEGOworld Copenhagen, the nose piece of the train is perfectly flush, if you expand the image. I've noticed that it seems as though if they were to push down the piece in the New York toy fair picture, then it would be perfectly flush. For some reason though, the New York toy fair LEGO stands always have small inconsistencies. I noticed that the Cargo Train wasn't on the track properly and the Metalbeards Sea Cow back sails were on backwards. I believe this train costs more because of the new, I would say very intricate front train mould and the added electric equipment.

Looks to me like the one piece white nose is actually two piece - the Dark blue grey section underneath looks like the fuselage of a plane..

part no 87611 aircraft fuselage curved forward 6 x 10 bottom with 3 holes

Adam

Edited by Adamskii

can you elaborate on the "added electrical equipment" captain america?!

I find it interesting how more train bases are used in the City vehicle line. I got the 60025 Grand Prix Truck for cheap, it has a 6x24 train base as the trailer. I easily converted it into a box car by adding bogies and nothing else.

P1070951_zps34330cb7.jpg

What are bogies? The wheels on the bottom?

Any idea which other models contain this base?

I presume the Toys R Us and Lego trucks?

The Mobile Police Unit previously mentioned.

What about 60020 Cargo Truck? http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Cargo-Truck-60020?fromListing=listing

I presume the Toys R Us and Lego trucks?

The Mobile Police Unit previously mentioned.

What about 60020 Cargo Truck? http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

Bogies are the train wheelsets.

None of the sets you mentioned (with the exception of the mobile police unit) have the large train bases., not even the large Toys R Us and LEGO trucks.

Sorry, I meant the power functions elements, the receiver, wires and the power box.

All those pieces are in the red cargo train, red pass train and yellow cargo train, so price wise it should be no different.

I could live without giant solid pieces if it made things cheaper for us.

Bogies are the train wheelsets.

None of the sets you mentioned (with the exception of the mobile police unit) have the large train bases., not even the large Toys R Us and LEGO trucks.

TRU exclusive Excavator Transporter 4203 has an intermodal transport train base.

All those pieces are in the red cargo train, red pass train and yellow cargo train, so price wise it should be no different.

Except those came out in 2010, so we've had 4 years of inflation to deal with in the meantime.

Oh man I just recently got back into the Lego trains. Looks like i missed out on some cool sets. I saw a video about the ice train. That one looks pretty good. I better get these sets before the new ones come out....

I love the cargo train, American diesels have always been a favorite of mine. But agree with others. It's pricey. And I'd prefer more than just three cars. I miss when you could buy additional cars separately, and engines were sold alone. Most regrettable LEGO mistake I ever made was parting with my Santa Fe and BNSF trains. Miss them.

Why is it that TLG is selling just complete trains and not additional cars like during the 12V and 9V era? As a kid I drooled always on the catalogs with the additional stuff for my train (that I never got though). The kids of these days don't want that stuff anymore?? Can't imagine...

Why is it that TLG is selling just complete trains and not additional cars like during the 12V and 9V era? As a kid I drooled always on the catalogs with the additional stuff for my train (that I never got though). The kids of these days don't want that stuff anymore?? Can't imagine...

They just dont sell anymore. Its easier for a parent to buy a whole train set rather than worry about buying each and every thing separately. And besides, if you want more cars, you can build them yourself.

As a kid I drooled always on the catalogs with the additional stuff for my train (that I never got though).

Didn't you just answer your own question? :wink:

Edited by andythenorth

Both of the trains sets, in my opinion, look too much like older sets, especially the passenger train. The locomotive of the cargo train looks too much like the Maersk locomotive. I am disappointed with this year's release.

My idea is to have both the freight and passenger trains be steam locomotives with at least two train cars each (TLG needs to learn from the mistake made with the Emerald Night). Additional train cars could be purchased separately, just like how they did it in years past. The passenger steam locomotive could resemble something European since they were always more sleek in design, and the freight locomotive would be more American to give the rugged feel.

(TLG needs to learn from the mistake made with the Emerald Night).

Yeah, I agree, it's pretty shocking that the Maersk and the Horizon Express only come with one car each. I wish TLG would pay attention and learn from this stuff. I think they're going out of business tbh. :classic:

Edited by andythenorth

The new white passenger train looks fine to me although I also share others concerns about the price of certain sets. For me a passenger train should have a lot of minifigs. Still disappointed we don't have an Australian train (The Ghan and Indian-Pacific) with a small Outback station and kangaroos.

After studying the new train pictures for a few month's, i have come to really like the white bullet style passenger train.Which was not a train i really liked when i first saw the pictures, i liked the cargo train more.

However after looking over the pictures of both trains i have come to realize that the Cargo train here in Australia will be way way over priced ( my guess is $250-$400) and it looks like you don't get much for you money.

I wish TLG would release more train accessories and carriages i know they wont so i have turned to the dark side of 'Clone bricks' to satisfy my train need's :devil:

Any one have any ideas of the Over Priced Australian cost of these 2 trains?