One observation:

The train set 60051 has a symbol for bikes on the central carriage, but not a wheelchair to indicate for passenger with limited mobility. I can't help but feel that TLG are missing a trick here...

I like the look of the station though - very pretty and a nice intermediate station that could also integrate well in becoming a terminus with more than one set...

I told you I was right :wink:

Not too fond of that Mærsk light and Duplo train though, but good thing there _is_ trains being made again! Looks like a decent station though :thumbup:

Thanks for the pics, Brickviller. The station is growing on me more every time I look at it, to the point where I'm considering more than one. The crane from 60052 has elements of 4555, which was a fantastic set. My MOCing juices are running after seeing these.

How come 60051 only have FOUR straight tracks in the latest pictures when the box of 60051 at New York Toy Fair 2014 advertised EIGHT straight tracks? Now we can only wonder until its release in August...

Thank you for the pictures.

I was also wondering about the straight track in the passenger train but since the picture of the oval track also only shows 4 straight it was just a typo before.

It may have been brought up before, but I just noticed that Lego seems to be moving away from the flex track.

It may have been brought up before, but I just noticed that Lego seems to be moving away from the flex track.

Noticed that too. I'm wondering if that means they'll change the track expansion packs as well. I do find that flex track usefull, but only just a few. I have dozens of unused unopened flextrack laying around.

Maybe the new supply chain person in Canada is good. (There was a job posting last November for that position.) :laugh:

$229.99 CAD for cargo train

$169.99 CAD for passenger train

cargotrain_zpscb407dab.jpg

What's the passenger train look like? I don't think I've seen it yet.

Isn't that a slight update of the ICE set?

Also, I'm all over that freight set, why are the freight sets generally more interesting than the passenger sets?

Edited by Redimus

I really really want that cargo train, but I have more PF stuff than I know what to do with! Too bad they won't release a set minus the power function stuff, I'd probably buy two of them then. I really miss 9v!

I wish I'd gotten into Lego trains when 9v was still a thing too, it looks like it was a *lot* easier to fit everything in when all you needed was one powered bogie.

Any idea what these two red door frames are on the cargo train set? At first I thought they were meant to be like pallet racking, but the pallets included in the set are 8 studs wide, and the 2 door frames are 10 studs apart? i don't recall seeing what they are used for in any of the pictures so far?

13972836635_2b582d4cc3_c.jpg

Any idea what these two red door frames are on the cargo train set? At first I thought they were meant to be like pallet racking, but the pallets included in the set are 8 studs wide, and the 2 door frames are 10 studs apart? i don't recall seeing what they are used for in any of the pictures so far?

13972836635_2b582d4cc3_c.jpg

They are indeed for pallet racking. If you look closely, you see the grey plates include a doorrail.

I got a hold of the latest Train Station set at Toys"R"Us! Keep in mind I'm a newbie to trains, so bear with me faulty train knowledge. Heck, I don't even own a Town/City train just yet. I plan on getting the passenger train set soon. :laugh:

I made a little video review of it here:

And here's some pics of the set:

14152646132_7e6c701ca4.jpg

14155472315_8ab32d321e.jpg

14155605534_7ac1e1236e.jpg

14175528913_377bd158f3.jpg

13968819110_f7e716ca0b.jpg

14155469045_6f5b403dc0.jpg

I love the design of the station! The snack shop is reminiscent of this classic, and I love the LEGO Store outlet and taxi.

If you train fans have any other picture requests for this set, just hit me up! :sweet:

I saw the new ones at ToysRus today but I cannot bring myself to paying their prices though. I am going to wait till i see them in the Lego store and get points while I am at it.

I love your reviews just2good! I can't wait for the Passenger Train review from you!

Thanks Cap! That will come out when I get, which will probably be Christmas time. :laugh: