:) indeed, but it is nice of LEGO though to put train parts in police sets, makes them less scarce.

Isn't it the same in the 4555 Cargo station? Or maybe it's a 24 studs long in that set...

I wonder if the "LEGO movie" train will be release as a set?

Hi!

The LEGO Movie train is 8 studs wide I think.

Regards,

Popeye

The lego movie had more monorails than trains in it... though I think the rails were the contemporary AFOL solution two stud wide with tiles on top rather than the old school monorail.

The lego movie had more monorails than trains in it... though I think the rails were the contemporary AFOL solution two stud wide with tiles on top rather than the old school monorail.

I love Hidaka's project on Cuusoo! I hope Lego is keeping it and all the other great ideas people have built and shown off online in mind for their future planning.

I find it interesting how more train bases are used in the City vehicle line. I got the 60025 Grand Prix Truck for cheap, it has a 6x24 train base as the trailer. I easily converted it into a box car by adding bogies and nothing else.

P1070951_zps34330cb7.jpg

I find it interesting how more train bases are used in the City vehicle line. I got the 60025 Grand Prix Truck for cheap, it has a 6x24 train base as the trailer. I easily converted it into a box car by adding bogies and nothing else.

Looks like the white base from the passenger train set. The CITY power boat transporter from 2011 had a dark grey train base.

Nice work! I hope the bases become more and more common throughout Lego sets. More colors, and more varieties in terms of lengths is always a good thing!

My wish has been (partially) granted.

14718.jpg?1

I sincerely hope they release some of these in trans clear, because they seem absolutely perfect for the long train windows that would normally have two panels placed side-by-side or a 1 x 2 x 3 snot'd, and while the panels with side supports give nice definition to the windows, they only look accurate side-by-side about 20% of the time. I've always wanted 4-long panels with side supports, and they have now become a reality. Now I'm crossing my fingers for more train sets this year. Maybe they'll incorporate some of these.

There are pictures of the passenger and cargo train here:

Wow, how did they get so many copies of the new train sets? One of the close up shots of the boats shows it features a white version of the front window from the blue locomotive. Any idea who built that macroscale version of the RC freight train in the last picture???

Wow, how did they get so many copies of the new train sets?

You do realise where this is, right? This is Legoworld Copenhagen, a 3-hour drive from a litle village called Billund...

TLG are heavily involved in this event so I'm not surprised to see new sets.

Wow, how did they get so many copies of the new train sets? One of the close up shots of the boats shows it features a white version of the front window from the blue locomotive. Any idea who built that macroscale version of the RC freight train in the last picture???

These layouts can be instantly recognized as TLC own "official"layouts they build for events.

You do realise where this is, right? This is Legoworld Copenhagen, a 3-hour drive from a litle village called Billund...

TLG are heavily involved in this event so I'm not surprised to see new sets.

There are so many shows that I did not know exactly which one. Yes, it was clearly apparent that there were TLG official displays at this show, but the new trains were on layouts that looked more like good AFOL rather than corporate lego. Further, the fact that the new trains were mixed in with MOCs, long discontinued sets, and repaints of other train sets suggests to me that this layout was not purely corporate. Looking again though, the prominence of so many current and forthcoming sets does kind of hint at very close ties to TLG.

I'm actually not too impressed with the lineup this time.

The thing I like most about the cargo train is the gantry crane; the cars seem uninteresting (although they're packed with play value for the kids, which isn't a bad thing) and the locomotive just doesn't look right to me. I'd like to see some more substantial cars - of the last three cargo train sets (7898, 7939, and 3677), we've had two boxcars/vans, one tank wagon, and two hopper or tipper wagons (I prefer the one from 7898 ovefr the one from 3677). Meanwhile, we've had three flatcars (four if you count the car that carries the maintenance vehicle in 3677), and the new set is made up entirely of open wagons.

The passenger train is nice, but as some have already said, it's kind of a rehash of 7897. My preference is for 7938, and I like the idea of building a version of 7938 in 7897's colors. That said, I think TLG should take a look at a diesel-hauled passenger set. Style one after an Amtrak or VIA Rail long-distance train, or do a commuter train with a cab control car in the consist. Look at the MBTA (Boston) or Metra (Chicago) commuter operations. I think either of those would make for an interesting set.

^ I love that the new passenger train is almost a rehash of 7897, because now they can make the mould flush and so we can have the mould we should have received back in 2006 with 7897. I also love super sleek, modern, high-speed bullet style trains!

From the NYTF 2014 press release...

With LEGO CITY, younger builders create and role play as the everyday downtown heroes they know and love. Nine new sets in the Transportation theme ($9.99-$29.99) are joined by three Trains kits-Train Station ($64.99), High-Speed Passenger Train ($149.99) and Cargo Train($199.99).

Those are the USD prices. They're much more pricier than the last City Trains waves... :sad:

Edited by just2good