Off topic, you can try prototyping in lego digital designer for free. Palisade bricks are plentiful on bricklink or perhaps in creative houses once you have train wheels, couplers and bases...

It could have been worse! The diesel loc is very ok and after all the passenger train is not as bad as I expected from just the nose.

Does anyone have the prices of the new train sets? The front page doesn't say what they are, and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Thanks!

EDIT: That's an awesome video WallyTheCat! I can't wait for summer!

Edited by Murdoch17

Wow, train station looks small but all trains are great.I have train from 2006 so I skip this ice, but this american diesel really tempting me.This set is overall great but only bad thing is cowbriolet car...

Nice video find :classic:

We'll all have to have our say I guess now :tongue:

Freight train

- the blue train base showed up in the City Police Truck, was hopeful they would be a sign of a new train.

- cheap (low part count) wagons, hope the price point stays fair. Kids will like them.

- the engine is nice, but lacks presence (no sense of speed or strength). I like it, but I prefer the red and the yellow engines.

- looks like a 'buy two' kind of set.

Passenger train

- really like this, super slick

Edited by andythenorth

Is it only me, or does anybody else think that the roof segments of the station are new rounded parts?

The leaked pictures do not do the passenger train justice. It looks much better "in the brick!"

What a way to update 4555: Cargo Station for LEGO City: a new cargo train! I'm glad I was wrong speculating on the possibility of a cargo station for LEGO City trains. :classic:

The red building, yellow gantry crane, and blue cargo wagon are a great homage to 4555: Cargo Station. For a true homage though, the truck should be blue/white but the green color scheme for cargo vehicles can't be beat!

ScotNick -- I thought so too! It's hard to tell from the video though.

Cheers from Claremore, OK USA! :classic:

Dave

@ScotNick I was going to say it's just you, but I've looked again and you're right! I thought they were just the 6x8 ramp piece for a moment, but they're curved!

Like I just posted over in City 2014, I really :wub: the new train station.....it has a Lego display in it ! :wub:

The trains themselves look fantastic, even the ICE.......and since I'm not planning on buy any Arctic city sets.....more money for trains ! :grin:

I'm surprised the Station comes with 4 straight pieces; a nice bonus to the set. It's a neat little station; creative with the cafe on the outside with the chief.

Not too impressed with the freight train. Looks like the Maersk Engine shortened with less detail and "bigger parts". I'll more than likely going to pass on the freight train and station for sure. The ICE train is tempting as the front is actually pretty cool looking (but, then again, it's one "big piece" for a front end. And reminds me of the Horizon Express with less detail.

I'll stick with the Maersk Engine, my MOC train station, and my Horizon Express, and let these sets pass.

I feel kids will love these sets as the freight train and train station is really playable.

Now we know for sure this is not an actual ICE: it's got a section for bicycles (as the sticker on one window shows) - and bicycles aren't allowed on a real ICE. :)

Well, I kinda like these trains, though i don't think they're really extraordinary. The architecture of the station is a nice change, even though the roof across the tracks is a bit pointless.

Generally looks good. The freight train looks like a redo on the concept of the 4565 set (all the freight on flat cars). I personally like the open stock car, while not prototypical, it is still more so than some of the train sets from the 90's. If anything, it looks like the may have borrowed the idea from TheBrickster, though lego has been making similar cars since the 70's, e.g.,

726-1.jpg?0

While it does not look like a real cattle car, it does look a lot like the open top passenger cars (converted from flat cars or gondolas) found at many tourist railroads in the US. Not to say you have to like it, just that there is precedence.

The station in the video has stickers, and looks a lot better with them, also, as they pan past the station box, you can see that those curved bits on the winged roof appear to be roughly 6x8.

The passenger train looks better than I thought it would.

While it is nice to see the old train windows back in the freight train, that set is crying for a 2x2 wedge plate (notice the yellow stripe under the windshield of the engine, just a 2x2 corner plate) ah well, still good to see new train sets coming.

Soo danish to have a bike sign on the train.

Also very Dutch...

Fiets-in-trein.jpg

The front piece of the passenger train looks like it's 14 long! And that weird roof over the track in the station seems to be made of 6 6x8 curved slopes, the building itself is mostly panels and columns. Interesting to see the Technic suspension pieces being used as support struts.

I probably won't bother with the passenger train but the freight train looks like a nice parts pack. The engine definitely seems to have one of those large tiles with studs on the edge to cover the battery box (so no blue battery box). I like the portal crane; 8 old-school straight rails and those tall supports from the Bentley Bust Out in yellow. I like the idea of the cable drums but I'm not mad about train bases. I know many people are excited about getting them in blue but they're just gonna go on the pile with the black, white, red... The car with the cow is naff but hey, there's a cow to populate my fields ;-) Then there's a car, a forklift, a green wheelbarrow...

The leaked pictures do not do the passenger train justice. It looks much better "in the brick!"

What a way to update 4555: Cargo Station for LEGO City: a new cargo train! I'm glad I was wrong speculating on the possibility of a cargo station for LEGO City trains. :classic:

The red building, yellow gantry crane, and blue cargo wagon are a great homage to 4555: Cargo Station. For a true homage though, the truck should be blue/white but the green color scheme for cargo vehicles can't be beat!

ScotNick -- I thought so too! It's hard to tell from the video though.

Cheers from Claremore, OK USA! :classic:

Dave

Well, it also seems that we are back to 4x8 containers. Or should I say palletes ? (it is "paleta" in Slovak)

I am sure many owners of the older sets will be pleased with the new cargo train :laugh:

However, I plan to keep the Maersk containers (after investing in them), but I really want that gantry crane!

Edited by Wabbajack

That new train station just became a must buy, there is plenty of nice little details like the LEGO display inside (Vending machine?), outside cafe with menu, train schedules and more. I also really like the new Passenger Train, it looks really sleek and the molded nose I don't mind, since it looks exceptionally well done. The Cargo Train just keeps getting better, lots of details like the small shed, forklift and drums, I like the diverse cargo.

This Train theme is having a bumper year! I think all the sets so far look impressive!

chnage my mind I will by both locos but more the passenger now, the freight looks ok the train is a buy but the trucks not so much.

That stashion is a big no no that is just crap.

Love seeing the video and knowing what we are actually going to get now!

Not a huge fan of the blue loco but everything else will be a must buy for me!

Really like the freight cars and that passenger train looks super slick!

The cargo train and train stations are a must buy for myself. Due to owning the HE and red passenger train i can't justify buying the new passenger train.