And Lego got what it wanted with one medium sized image.......internet chatter about Lego.

Note the sign no photography......so it must have been Lego who allowed one shot out to get the internet vibes about what they want to sell this year.....hits or misses. :wink:

I see a crossing on the cargo train side.....does that mean a train crossing comes with that set ?

Hopefully in the next two weeks before images will appear. :wink:

Is that a new windshield part on the blue train?

Dr spock,

i think you´r right. Studying the picture I think I see 3 Bricks Modified Facet 2x2 (part nr 87620) with above those bricks a new type of windshield.

so it looks like the passenger train does have 3 cars just one was missing from the picture

@krystalKING, I was also too late, but we must be very careful since we don't want any conflicts with TLG of course (that would not help the Eurobricks community), I guess we will soon see official images.

Google images still has the photo.

If you expand the photo, you can see that there are three cars on 60051, the last one really only visible by its roof.

There is a gantry crane over 60052. It does not use the pre-built A-frame as on 7939, but is straight up and down like 7823 (with no overhangs). Huw from Brickset confirms the gantry and notes the set has three freight cars: one for drums, one for a tank (that lifts off like a container), and one for cattle. There is a truck and forklift as well.

Also, BrickFanatics (via Groove Bricks) is reporting the following US prices:

60050: $64.99

60051: $149.99

60052: $199.99

Edited by MojoLego

So, to sum it up (from all rumors):

White passanger train: 3 cars, front and back with same one piece mould, small level crossing, small passenger platform, three minifigure (train driver, passenger, bicycle rider). Price 150$ (120euro)

Cargo train with blue "maersk/bnsf" style locomotive, one open cattle car with brown car with "lone ranger" horns and farmer wit whelbarrow, one flatcar with two large cable drums, one long (split level?) open car with space for pallets (one with oil barrels?), train station with crane in stye of 4555/165 (moves on rails), red utilty shack, green truck and red forklift 200$(170euro)

Train station with "strange" design, long, narrow roof over rails, yellow cab 50$(40 euro).

Euro price are my speculation, but I guess price point will same as with current trains.

We'll see what come out of all of it. Train looks like a real "texas" train, with cattle, cables (barbed wire :)) and oil.

It indeed is a US type locomotive! Looks quite a bit like the Maersk one indeed.

Blue battery box,

I don't think so. This looks more like the Maersk solution: a big tile with studs on edges, with yellow tiles and black grille slopes on said studs, snotted on the sides to hide the standard battery box.

6205.gif?0

Edited by cimddwc

They look ok but not there best, the last few trains have been better.

Was keen to by but i might only get the freight one the HS one looks naff.

Personally in my opinion the last two trains in 2010 were terrible. The red one's brick built front didn't even transcend smoothly into the curved pieces on it's roof, something which I only noticed yesterday. And the Passenger train was very small as well as having black windows to hide the battery box. The cargo train looked a bit bland in my opinion and slightly ugly, though I don't like the actual engine in real life. It's freight was a random tanker, a flat bed with smart cars and a box. Personally these new trains blow the last two out of proportion with a nice new refreshing change in colour, interesting freight and the passenger train is sleek and elegant and can make up for the flaw hopefully in 7897.

A question for those who have been able to see any photos.

We have already seen that one of the figures of the freight train is different (employees now train are orange and the new trains are gray), but what figures conductor passenger train are the same as the current or are they different?

So, to sum it up (from all rumors):

White passanger train: 3 cars, front and back with same one piece mould, small level crossing, small passenger platform, three minifigure (train driver, passenger, bicycle rider). Price 150$ (120euro)

Cargo train with blue "maersk/bnsf" style locomotive, one open cattle car with brown car with "lone ranger" horns and farmer wit whelbarrow, one flatcar with two large cable drums, one long (split level?) open car with space for pallets (one with oil barrels?), train station with crane in stye of 4555/165 (moves on rails), red utilty shack, green truck and red forklift 200$(170euro)

Train station with "strange" design, long, narrow roof over rails, yellow cab 50$(40 euro).

Euro price are my speculation, but I guess price point will same as with current trains.

We'll see what come out of all of it. Train looks like a real "texas" train, with cattle, cables (barbed wire :)) and oil.

I've been wanting to get a train to, at the least, run under the Christmas tree every year. Been thinking about Lego because of the ability to customize color as well as it starting a new tradition of "Putting up the train" similar to putting up the tree was when I was a kid.

The blue train is quite appealing to me. It looks more like the trains we see running across Texas.

And the bull! I may have to try to bricklink a second cow though. I consider College Station my hometown -- and it has all sorts of different breeds of cow as the names of its major streets (or did when I lived there anyway) and now live in the Austin area -- home of the Texas Longhorns (Football team) How likely are they to use this cow in a different set as well while they have the mold?

Edited by Sarah

Well, I haven't seen the cow yet (was just too late), but cows are very likely to be used in other sets as well of course and otherwise it is a good LugBulk item :)

I absolutely love these new trains so much, they are by far my most eagerly exciting sets this year. I haven't bought a LEGO set in about five years, though many I have considered, like the Tower of Orthanc, however these two sets I will definitely be buying multiples of, especially the passenger train. I love that we are receiving a modern, sleek, elegant, stylish train that suits this day and age of passenger trains in Europe! Hopefully we can finally have a train that fixes the flaw presented in 7897 and the front mould should hopefully actually fit flush. The new cargo train is also such a welcomed change, the blue, the interesting freight. Both trains have certainly capitivated the essence of unique trains and I'm sure all people, kids especially will love these new additions. If planes and helicopters can have moulded pieces, trains can too!

Personally in my opinion the last two trains in 2010 were terrible. The red one's brick built front didn't even transcend smoothly into the curved pieces on it's roof, something which I only noticed yesterday. And the Passenger train was very small as well as having black windows to hide the battery box. The cargo train looked a bit bland in my opinion and slightly ugly, though I don't like the actual engine in real life. It's freight was a random tanker, a flat bed with smart cars and a box. Personally these new trains blow the last two out of proportion with a nice new refreshing change in colour, interesting freight and the passenger train is sleek and elegant and can make up for the flaw hopefully in 7897.

A lot of people liked the 2010 Trains, I would not say the 2010 Cargo Train's freight was more random than any other, including the new one. An Octan Oil tanker was a great choice and had not been done in a System Train set previously. The flatbed was nice because you could use the smart cars in City and vice versa and the container car was modular with the LEGO container and the large red cargo one. It also had a nice crane and truck included. However this new one is sounding very nice and I will pick it up since I like the new freight cars and American Loco design.

I am more interested to know what the grey thing is in the background in this photo > https://imageshack.com/i/079abtj

I gather from the other reports/photos that it is a portion of the train station roof that extends over the track for some reason. It does not make much architectural sense to me, but then again, it is a toy.