Why would TLG issue a train that looks almost the same as the ICE 7897?? I think it's a dissapointment. I like the blue diesel though. And as far as one can see, the station looks alright too...

All right, I am really disappointed by the passenger train. The blue diesel looks interesting, as does the train station. Now just wait till Toy Fair for better pictures.

I agree that Cargo train should be another great set among a line of many good cargo trains, the animal car will be interesting and new, and I hope we get a better view of the cargo depot it comes with.

Ai, that looks like a (pardon my words) Playmobil train. At least it is good for my wallet because I can skip this passenger train without any problems.

The train station and cargo train still look promising. Hopefully some better picture will pop up soon.

that train front indeed looks ugly, maybe the other cars are still usable for us train lovers!! I also like the Freight train locomotive, and the station also looks promising!

Great that we've got an idea on what the new trains look like! The nose on the passenger train is a big step up on 7897, though the coloring does look a little bit plain. The blue freight train on the other hand really nails it I think in terms of looks and colors.

Looking forward to seeing more of the station, as simple details like the passenger crossing are always welcome, and I hope we get to see more!

I wasn't expecting the Passenger Train to be of much interest to me, and I wasn't disappointed!

The Cargo Train looks like it could be very nice for a city set.

It IS a new windshield. You can see stud inserts below it implying multiples of the 2x2 angle brick. The yellow plate don't quite match the shape either. That is actually a turnoff for the design.

But for us a good thing so we can MOD it ;) I only regret the cargo train to have light blue windows, I would have preferred trans clear. But I think it will be a great train after all.

@skriblez, I have discussed it in the regulator forum and we think the images are from a handlers catalog so they are preliminary so we just have to wait.

Well I'm not disappointed by the passenger train, I wasn't expecting anything great to begin with. Why does LEGO feel the need to make the entire front half of these passenger trains out of ONE SOLID PIECE? At least the previous train we got was a step up since it was built from multiple bricks. The blue cargo train looks promising though. Very nice to see LEGO do some more American prototypes instead of the traditional European locomotives.

Thanks for the pictures :) The blue train looks nice and i agree that the passenger one looks like a Duplo/Playmobile train

The First thing i noticed on the blue cargo train is the studs on the nose, i would replace those bricks with plates then finish it off with tiles to get a smooth surface. I just hope the train is detailed and not a bland train for kids.

The white passenger one does really look like a Playmobill set! Still when we get better images it may look better. The blue diesel looks a whole lot better though. So that is promising, it will be nice to see what comes with each set by way of trackside features and other wagfons. Will the white passenger train have a dummy power car at the back like our current red one, or will we have to buy two like the HE to get a proper train? It could all impact on the price if we have to buy two of them especially if they are not that good.

By the way anyone know anything about the eskimo theme that seems to be shown, seems to have an interesting new dog in it?

In my most humble opinion, the nose piece for the High-speed Passenger train is growing on me. First and foremost it is a 'preliminary image' so the end result will not only look better but will have far more detail as supported by the preliminary image of LEGO 7897 Passenger Train in 2006. It had a lot of major detail differences in the final product. Some pieces were not even included and some of the pieces colours were completely changed, all will be revealed in the upcoming toy fairs.

In my opinion I believe LEGO releases singular molded sections for it's sets, like planes, helicopters and trains for a number of reasons. 1.) To make them look more realistic. 2.) To compensate for the small section in which they have to work with, in which using bricks to make it look smooth like the 'real thing' would only drive up the piece count and it may not look good depending on the design they're trying to replicate, like an ICE train for example. 3.) If it can work for planes and Helicopters why not trains? 4.) All sets have to be in a certain range, the passenger train normally being of a lower piece count than the cargo train so the design must fit that category with the design. Making an ICE train replica or inspired design with a non molded piece may drive it's piece count higher than the cargo train.

I preferred the 2006 passenger train to the 2010 model.....even though I love brick built everything.....the nose having the right shape sells the design as a high speed train.....and you could use the front end for a space ship too.....if you are are to that sort of MOCing as well. :wink:

I hope that the passenger train will have doors... neither 10233, 7938 nor 7897 have doors, that's a real step backwards in comparison to older passenger trains, and reduces playability.

That's great. I was afraid I was going to have to buy 2 trains but that passenger train is just as awful as the old ICE. Won't be buying that.

Looks like the station will include a yellow taxi again. Nice for play feature but takes a chunk out of the piece count for the actual station.

I'm ok with the one piece nose on the white passenger train. One piece would make the build easier and less frustrating for the youngest builders. It is easy enough for accomplished builders to MOD a brick built nose.