The train station sounds like a return to a single platform station which, given the piece count, sounds like it could be a very nice train station!

Animals on the cargo train?!? Please let them be cows! It sounds like this train may be a return to the flatcar / boxcar cargo trains of past. Nice!

Cheers from Claremore, OK USA! :classic:

Dave

The price seems a bit up on what we already have? Maybe that means it will have a bit more included in the sets by way of play features?

There's a Scholastic Lego book titled “All Aboard“ that I bought to read to my young son. It's very true to the sets we have gotten recently (yellow cargo and red passenger trains, station and crossing gate with yellow 'tractor'). It has a boxcar carrying horses, and a flat car with logs in it. Could be a spoiler?

On a related note; children's books are great inspiration for sets. I'm sure the Lego designers have a nice library to browse in Billund.

Joe

Edited by Hey Joe

There's a Scholastic Lego book titled “All Aboard“ that I bought to read to my young son. It has a boxcar carrying horses, and a flat car with logs in it. Could be a spoiler?

Those two cars are from 7898: Cargo Train Deluxe. The preview on Amazon fortunately had the two pages in question!

I suppose horses are a logical animal instead of cows (I really like the LEGO cows). Maybe pigs since 70813: Rescue Reinforcements includes one?

Cheers from Claremore, OK USA! :classic:

Dave

The passanger train sounds like it is going to be a loc - wagon - loc setup... To bad, I was realu hoping they would bring out a 'new' style for them. On the other hand, the cargo trains sounds promising! Looking forward to it.

Just seen this and very much looking forward to having some new stuff to expand my railway some more, got many different stations as it is and another will be good. Just got the Horizon Express as a gift and will be getting another to extend it as well, looks like it'll be a fun build, haven't made it yet as I got it just before my trip to a Belfast for the New Year, need some extra power functions too.

... , station and crossing gate with yellow 'tractor'). It has a boxcar carrying horses, and a flat car with logs in it. Could be a spoiler?...

So could the station have also a rail-crossing? Or are you referring to the older set? I really wish for a standalone rail-crossing. And an american Amtrack passenger train :laugh:,

Edited by Wabbajack

The sets in the “All Aboard“ book are; 7898, 7936, 37, 38 & 39

Brickset train page: www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=City&subtheme=Trains

Joe

The sets in the “All Aboard“ book are; 7898, 7936, 37, 38 & 39

Brickset train page: www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=City&subtheme=Trains

Joe

Do you mean new set just copy from old set?

User mssm appears to confirm some things for the 2014 Train sets in the 2014 City Sets thread.

I highly doubt, Im expecting cow or horse.Maybe bear...

Correct. Texas Longhorn.

If I may ask and if you are able to reveal, know or give the tiniest hint does the new Passenger Train have a moulded piece for the front? Or does it bear resemblance to the 2006 7897 Passenger Train? Does it look really sleek and nice?

The front is different from 7897.

Cheers from Claremore, OK! :classic:

Dave

Any chance we could get a new Maersk train this year? After all we got a new container ship, the Maersk Line Triple-E (10241).

Not a chance.

User mssm appears to confirm some things for the 2014 Train sets in the 2014 City Sets thread.

Cheers from Claremore, OK! :classic:

Dave

I'm really glad to hear the front is different from 7897. And for me, I don't mind the two engine trains like the current red passenger train and 7745. I think they look great as starters, and more serious collectors have the Horizon Express for lots more options. As long as the nose piece fits properly, and looks good.

Do you mean new set just copy from old set?

Hi Mike; sorry for the confusion. The children's book merely depicts some sets that have already been put out in years past.

Joe

So, the link above goes to blurry, partial unauthorized pics. Assuming they are accurate:

Passenger train has a solid molded nose, looks very similar to the 2006 train. Disappointing.

Cargo train looks very nice. Blue diesel engine

Too little of the train station to tell.

The train station looks like a goods and passenger station, the nose of the high speed train looks similar to the 2006 train, but not as long, and it looks much better.

The freight train is an American styled blue diesel engine, seems to be very promising. In one of the two sets there seems to be a small level crossing (8 studs) included.

Nice trains, especially contrast between luxury passenger train and some american old diesel loco.

But if i see corretly, that train base in passenger train looks like 28 studs rather than 24.That will be welcome!

Is that a new windshield part on the blue train?

No, it's the same as the one from the green cargo train in 2006, just in blue.

No, it's the same as the one from the green cargo train in 2006, just in blue.

It IS a new windshield. You can see stud inserts below it implying multiples of the 2x2 angle brick. The yellow plate don't quite match the shape either. That is actually a turnoff for the design.

The passenger train looks OK, I won't get it though.

Edited by brickbuilder711