Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Weapon Training, AoM - Barracks Phase II

(This is set after A Rude Awakening but well before A Timely Friend, and directly after Wind-up and Shoot)

Liam and Wyndor walked to a different part of the training ground and descended some steps into a natural bowl in the mountain side.

“Now, you told me you want a sword. But first you need to prove that you are worthy of wielding it” Liam stated.

“Listen,” started Wyndor, “I appreciate all your training. I really do. But I know how to wield a sword.”

“That remains to be seen” responded Liam. “Now, I want you to prove you can use the weapons I choose to attack and neutralize each of the training dummies.”

“Fine,” answered Wyndor, “I’ll do it your way if it means I can get a sword from you.”

“I want you to start with a flail. Show me how you would defeat these opponents” said Liam.

Wyndor attacked each dummy with fervor and worked his way from one end of the training ground to the next.

13074582935_c29ac218a7_c.jpg

“Now, pick them up and do it again with this axe” said Liam.

Wyndor again attacked the dummies and worked his way to the other end of the bowl.

13074702143_d78fdb749f_c.jpg

“Now, do it all again, with this knife” said Liam.

“Hold on, are you serious?” cried Wyndor.

“Very” stated Liam.

13074889754_55343dfdab_c.jpg

“Listen, this is just too much. I’ll go somewhere else to get a sword” Wyndor said as he started to walk away.

“Defend yourself!” shouted Liam as he jumped at Wyndor with a sword.

Having nothing but the knife Liam had given him Wyndor was driven to the ground and disarmed.

13074885954_c59efe22ee_c.jpg

“That,” started Liam, “proves you are not yet ready for this sword.”

“How was I supposed to do anything? All I had was a knife!” Wyndor protested.

“Take this sword then and attack me” Liam said as he picked up the knife.

13074564715_98fe0c2568_c.jpg

“You’re crazy” said Wyndor, but he took the sword anyway. He swung the sword at Liam.

13074560595_829f6c3c5a_c.jpg

The next thing Wyndor knew the sword was out of his hand and Liam had the knife to his throat.

13074872484_5876726362_c.jpg

“Now,” said Liam, “run the course again, with the knife.”

13074869074_40a6d9f371_c.jpg

Edit: Shoot, can a Moderator change my title to "Weapon Training - AoM: Barracks Phase II" please?

Edited by MKJoshA

Really good story there man... I like the traiining course thing. And nice minifig posing with the swords duel.

Looks like Wyndor will be pretty adept with all weapons by the time Liam is through with him. Cool dummies and I like the 1x1 round tiles scattered on the ground :thumbup:

Really good story there man... I like the traiining course thing. And nice minifig posing with the swords duel.

Thanks Gunman! I had fun posing each shot :grin:

Great story! The dummies look awesome!

NIce, those dummies are perfect, and I like your continuation of the story!

Thank you! The dummies were really hard to get to work. The connection isn't official as the armor prevents a full connection between bricks. They are held together by just the slightest bit of "twist" friction.

Looks like Wyndor will be pretty adept with all weapons by the time Liam is through with him. Cool dummies and I like the 1x1 round tiles scattered on the ground :thumbup:

All the better for him to train soldiers in phase III !