Hi everyone. This is probably my first successful MOC created after dark ages (couple of others are unsuccessful in progress).

We had a small contest for members of our BalticLUG living its early days, the main idea was to create a MOC related to winter, snow and ice. No strict rules, except splitting for active and static MOCs.

Since joining EB and looking all those awesome crawlers and TT I wanted to create something you can drive outside. So winter is a perfect time for this as there are no mud or sand, just frozen water.

I have created a sporty looking tracker. It is almost a C-model of 42006 set, with just like 4 extra parts and PF stuff. C-model idea comes quickly, once you disassemlbe 42006 set and observe the variety of parts it offers, however it limits the number of functions. Build process was fun and a bit challenging, as a space is a bit of an issue. The final result isn't as much as I expected. While model drives quickly on a carpet and flat surface it didn't perform as good on hard snow (slipping) or a softer one (not much of a torque). Anyway it was fun and no damage has been made, even the baterry box on the bottom didn't have a scratch.

Specs:

30 studs in length (including spoiler :classic: ) and 20 studs in width

2 PF L-motors, one motor per tracks side

PF IR-receiver V2

Standart BB

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Some more photos

Instructions (photo sequence) available for download

Edited by zux

WOW, thats really freaking neat!

Love the drive soloution. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This would look so at home helping with a Thunderbirds rescue! :grin:

Must be pretty fast? any plans for a vid?

Edited by Doc_Brown

That looks great, and you really squeezed a lot into a tiny space. I love the claw parts used as a skid plate in the front.

Interesting usage of the claw pieces. The size and compact nature is great. This is something I struggle with.

v/r

Andy

Thanks for inspiring comments!

Must be pretty fast? any plans for a vid?
This is cool! Any chance for a video and/or instructions?

Yeah, MOC sharing standards are high these days :laugh: (you need great quality photos, HD video and BI just before starting a topic). Anyway, I'm affraid phone quality video is maximum I can do.

Thanks for inspiring comments!

Yeah, MOC sharing standards are high these days :laugh: (you need great quality photos, HD video and BI just before starting a topic). Anyway, I'm affraid phone quality video is maximum I can do.

That just means people really like your Moc :)

Very good model, i will try to make it. But i would like to see some photos while it is been assembled for help.
Thanks, I'm happy you liked it.

I've made a "photo sequence" instructions. Never published them due to large size (~280MB). I'll try to reduce the size somehow and share them here.

Very cool and compact model. 10 out of 10. I'd like to see a video in any quality just to know how fast it can go.

Thanks, I'm happy you liked it.

I've made a "photo sequence" instructions. Never published them due to large size (~280MB). I'll try to reduce the size somehow and share them here.

Thanks for reply. I have already done it as idea but with my own way without any PF. I will represent it as soon as possible. I have to do few improvments.

Beautifully done! Very compact and efficient! :thumbup:

I would also like to see it in action (even an SD video will be sufficient... :wink: ).

How much it weighs?

As promised, instructions now available for download.

Beautifully done! Very compact and efficient! :thumbup:

I would also like to see it in action (even an SD video will be sufficient... :wink: ).

How much it weighs?

Thanks! This MOC was done a year ago, so I no longer have it assembled and cannot check the weight right now. I could probably find it once I get a list of used parts (since their weight is known) for rebrickable.

Fortunately I have a video, but it needs some editing, which I need to figure out how to do first, before it can be shared. :blush: