Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Incom RZ-2

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

"The RZ-2 was designed by the defected Incom engineers that joinned the Rebellion. It's developpement was driven by the necessity to have a multipurpose light fighter, fast anbd agile even in atmospheric flight."

"The Incom RZ-1, also known as the A-wing, undergo the same treatment that Kuat System did to their Delta-7 to create the Eta-2 fighter. All the electronics and systems were reworked to gain space and weight. The difficult maneuverability of the A-wing was corrected by using 4 smaller engines (but with an equal or even superior total power), each one with stabilizer flaps to adjust the thrust. Control surfaces were fixed to the wing tips to enhance flight in atmosphere. All of those were controlled by an advanded flight system, so that the pilots didn't have to adjust carefully the stabilizer. All the weapon systems were mounted on the front part of the wings, and comprised two laser cannons and two light ion cannons. Additionnal concussion missiles launcher could be attached under the wings."

13069887315_fd74f8cf39_c.jpg

13069893725_fda5f38e29_c.jpg

13070224114_de2d511eae_z.jpg

13070000453_8097263501_z.jpg

13069896995_4aa6b9fb4b_z.jpg

A quick build I did yesterday while at work... I like the overall shape but I'm not happy with some details like the "holes" in the canopy or the showing underside of the 3x14 wedges... I didn't wanted to build an Eta-2, but it ended up looking like one. At first I wanted to include a R2 unit, but not just the head, but it was too difficult.

I hope you'll like it even with it's flaws.

Very cool looking ship - Even more so for a "quick build" :) Your LDD renders never cease to amaze me!

I really like your cockpit design. I may have to use that myself.

Thank you very much for the superb model. Thank you especially for the LXF file.

I fully appreciate that this is an A-Wing/Eta corssover, but the shape of the cockpit strongly reminds me of the IRD-A fighters from "Han Solo at Stars End".

Now, I'm sure I had a bunch of 75-degree slopes somewhere around here...

Very nice looking, the combination of red and dark bluish is perfect, and the overall shape of the spaceship is sexy:)

Thanks all :blush:

Thank you very much for the superb model. Thank you especially for the LXF file.

I fully appreciate that this is an A-Wing/Eta corssover, but the shape of the cockpit strongly reminds me of the IRD-A fighters from "Han Solo at Stars End".

Now, I'm sure I had a bunch of 75-degree slopes somewhere around here...

I didn't know that IRD-A fighter, but yes the cockpit might be similar

I must say that's a beautiful fighter! :wub:

Not sure about those wings going up, that looks a bit strange. It makes the same amount of sense if the wings in the jedi interceptor would go up, because it has hinges.

I like it even more than your ARC-135!

Bob, Bob, Bob… Where to begin… Hmm…. You did this while at work?!?! :)

Im a big admirer of your designs, but I especially like the story you put behind every model. You are creating your own Expanded Universe with these mocs :)

Keep them coming!

Your lan supervisor allowed LDD to go online, that's great, me I can't where I work:)

Thanks guys :blush:

I must say that's a beautiful fighter! :wub:

Not sure about those wings going up, that looks a bit strange. It makes the same amount of sense if the wings in the jedi interceptor would go up, because it has hinges.

I like it even more than your ARC-135!

I wanted the ship to be able to land, and the only way was to fold the wing up. The landing gears are attached to the wing and go into landing position when the wings go up. I like to have "realistic" details like this, and sometimes it can affect the whole model.

Bob, Bob, Bob… Where to begin… Hmm…. You did this while at work?!?! :)

Im a big admirer of your designs, but I especially like the story you put behind every model. You are creating your own Expanded Universe with these mocs :)

Keep them coming!

I shouldn't build while at work, but if I don't, I would never have finished the Zenith. And I like to be able to build whenever I got a good idea! :classic:

Yesterday I've spent almost all day on this baby... So today I'll have to work a lot :look:

13121575795_a10b5cbf33.jpg

It's sometimes hard to find a good story, or to include my ships into something existing, especially because of the looks of my builds that are not quite Starwarish.

For this one I've done a lot of research on the existing ships, and I learned much.

Your lan supervisor allowed LDD to go online, that's great, me I can't where I work:)

Well... I am the lan supervisor... :grin:

omg:)lol this explains that:)

vertical landing aircraft that is, the design of the two large "fans" are surprising, I'm really stunned by what one can do with lego and a bit of imagination nowdays, not that the bricks have evolved that much, but LDD opens up a sky with no limit it seems:)

You truly display a multitude of building techniques! Building lego mocs is like learning a language as you speak it. Your creativity and experience have rewarded you with an extensive vocabulary and your grammar (the way you combine your techniques) is downright inspiring! :blush:

You truly display a multitude of building techniques! Building lego mocs is like learning a language as you speak it. Your creativity and experience have rewarded you with an extensive vocabulary and your grammar (the way you combine your techniques) is downright inspiring! :blush:

I think you overestimate me :wink: