Yooha

Blackberry field and winery at Thorshaven

Blackberry field and winery at Thorshaven

HSS Hospitality: Winery

The climate in Mitgardia restricts the range of producible fruits. (Have you ever heard of Mitgardian bananas or pineapple?). Even grape doesn't grow here, but this doesn't mean that these bearded men are without a good booze. There are fruits that withstand the colder weather and wine can be made of it: blackberry!

In the southern border of Mitgardia the temperature rarely goes below 0 °C, which is perfect for this black fruit. There are extended blackberry fields just outside of the walls of Thorshaven. The precious wine is sought all over Historica, so many barrel filled with this red gold is carried by merchant ships in the port of Thorshaven.

13030612834_b04af2740f_o.png

13030381533_3edf09ae9b_o.png

13030612044_8af463a284_o.png

13030611694_79a5bdf7eb_o.png

Haha... I like the cellar the most... Very well executed room down there... nice!

Nice build, especially the cellar! I really like the sloping of the landscape, might borrow that idea for a Kaliphlin wineyard sometime :wink:

One suggestion for improvement is that the floor of the cellar would have looked much better with a layer of tiles.

ah, nice one! At first I thought that the house didn't really look that exciting, but the celler really looks amazing. But the colors you are using there aren't real, right?

@Gideon: check out this vineyard

One suggestion for improvement is that the floor of the cellar would have looked much better with a layer of tiles.

I realized that AFTER I built everthing in the cellar and I didn't want to put everthing out and back again.

ah, nice one! At first I thought that the house didn't really look that exciting, but the celler really looks amazing. But the colors you are using there aren't real, right?

@Gideon: check out this vineyard

Nice vineyard! Yes, the house is not a big deal, the main point is the cellar!

Which pieces do you think have unreal colors? I tried to use bricks in existing colors.

Dark tan arches or tan brick bricks

The brick bricks are dark tan as well as the arches. Both exist in that color. Where do you see tan brick bricks?

Edited by Yooha

As long as the piece exists in genererally available sets (excluding sets like Lego store opening specials and the like) I think it's perfectly fine to use them in LDD creations and claim that they are feasible. But of course very extensive usage of extremely expensive rare parts (even if they have been in sets, but maybe only in one old UCS or some other expensive set) may cause some AFOLs to call a LDD build infeasible nevertheless :wink:

nah, it's all cool, I just didn't know that dark tan arches even existed, cool thing they do, might have to get some of my own ...

nah, it's all cool, I just didn't know that dark tan arches even existed, cool thing they do, might have to get some of my own ...

There are 4 in the Lone Ranger Silver Mine, presently on sale everywhere. Great Kaliphlin parts pack btw :wink:

On top of all the well-deserved praise, I like the use of the string-with-studs to cap off each row of vines. Makes it look very lifelike!

On top of all the well-deserved praise, I like the use of the string-with-studs to cap off each row of vines. Makes it look very lifelike!

Yeah, and it would be better if those strings existed in a shorter form as well. Now I couldn't use them for the vines above the small building. One drawback of LDD that I can't use strings :)

[opinion]

As for the parts-in-which-color issue: For most of my builds I try to use every brick in existing color. It takes some time to check it, but bricklink makes it quite fast. Of course I don't check every bricks, like a 1x2 plate, for those I assume that they exist in the most common colors (I check even those for such rare colors as silver or gold).

When I build a conception art, something that I wish to see as an existing LEGO set (like and advent calendar) I use every part in every color I want, since TLG can make an existing part in new color for new sets as well. And for the record, if someone calls and LDD build infeasible, that wouldn't bother me. I try to use existing brick not because I don't want my fellow AFOL's to be angry toward me, but because I am such a good buddy :) If someone sees a good idea in my build, they will be able to reproduce it IRL.

Excellent vineyard and the cellar looks fantastic :thumbup: The wine presses are my favorite details :wub: