Sign in to follow this  
-Carson Haupt-

Drowned Town

On the far western border of Burnby, there is a town that dates from the time of the Kaliphlin Conquest. When the guilds were formed, it was abandoned in favor of newer settlements. However, over time, the river Avonmora, once the lifeblood of the town, grew until it covered the entire valley. Only the tallest buildings poked above the water. Nobody knows exactly when, but sometime in the last three hundred years the area was resettled by exiles from both Mitgardia and Kaliphlin. They fashioned homes out of wood, and built them on top of the ruins. Now they fly the Avalonian colors.

13041631354_c0eba2ee8d_z.jpg

13041263605_d6026b40fb_z.jpg

Fishing is a major part of their economy.

13041388513_506537b8bf_z.jpg

13041372643_966fe633b9_z.jpg

Guards are posted to keep an eye out for bears in the winter months. They like to steal the fish.

13041557874_cf74d56afc_z.jpg

13041329853_b985de3d18_z.jpg

People store and gut fish away from their homes, so that they will stay clean. The organs are thrown back into the river, so that the May nourish the other fish and continue the cycle.

13041173955_15267e33d4_z.jpg

Due to all the fish, there is a large cat population.

13041147715_6a6aca3239_z.jpg

Since they have no farmland or animals, a lot of the supplies must be imported. Using barges made of logs, they float up and down the river, selling fish and trading for supplies.

13041243273_9cb18a07c4_z.jpg

13041229873_7b72a14a61_z.jpg

13041425744_eee2ea9e6b_z.jpg

While they're traveling, the rivermen live in their barges.

13041051605_f38751687f_z.jpg

13041173133_f5bd17a59f_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was one of those really fas builds. I really enjoyed building it, and hope you like looking at it!

I'd also like to claim the following:

Shipping by Water

Fishing

Oceanside or river scene

C&c welcome!

Really lovely moc man.. I like the barges and the towers at the top of the rocks are cool!

Wow, great build! When I glanced at the pictures I though that they were a bit too symmetrical, then I read it and was surprised by the idea. I really like it, reminds me of Laputa. The woodwork is nice and the barge is very cool! Very nice build. :classic:

Love this, such a great idea. The white backdrop is a little confusing, I guess you didn't have any blue? Lots to like here, the birds really stand out.

:classic:

Good idea of a town. The transparent pieces work prefectly as water riplling at the buildings. One qustion: what is Master Koon's head doing on top of the raft? :laugh:

Such a great idea, I'd love to see you make a few other builds focused on the "Drowned Town". The buildings are excellent, I especially like the watchtower :wub:

Cool barge as well :classic:

Such a great idea, I'd love to see you make a few other builds focused on the "Drowned Town". The buildings are excellent, I especially like the watchtower :wub:

Cool barge as well :classic:

Thanks! I might just have to do that.

Good idea of a town. The transparent pieces work prefectly as water riplling at the buildings. One qustion: what is Master Koon's head doing on top of the raft? :laugh:

Ummm.. Long story. It's a delicacy!

Love this, such a great idea. The white backdrop is a little confusing, I guess you didn't have any blue? Lots to like here, the birds really stand out.

:classic:

I do have blue, but it's really dark.

Great concept and very well executed! The raft and the birds are great!

Would love to see this with brick built water and structures underneath to give it more depth.. :devil:

Great concept and very well executed! The raft and the birds are great!

Would love to see this with brick built water and structures underneath to give it more depth.. :devil:

I was going to do that but... I figured I'd just finish it and get ready for the next challenge.

Very nice and original idea! I'd love to know what's hidden beneath the surface there!

UoP +1 for the claims.

Very nice and original idea! I'd love to know what's hidden beneath the surface there!

UoP +1 for the claims.

Thanks! I might have to do a follow up build with the underwater sections included.

Great concept, good work on the houseboat especially! +1 for you claims.

Plo Kloon is the coolest...

Very nice build. Job well done.

Edited by narbilu

Loving this! The concept and execution are both great! The water fowl floating by was a perfect touch of detail.

Plo Kloon is the coolest...

Very nice build. Job well done.

Thanks guys! I'm thinking of expanding this concepts with maybe a small fort or something.

You should make a whole town out of this and claim hss credits

You should make a whole town out of this and claim hss credits

Thanks! I plan to! First I'm going to order some trans-black bricks to make water, so I can include underwater sections.