This is my phase 2 build for the House category in AoM.

I'd like to receive UoP credit for: roofing (one of three) [Architecture], and manufacturing [Trade and Law]= 2 credits

Surprisingly this is my first time building a medieval Blacksmith shop. It was a lot of fun and I think this is my best medieval house yet. As always there's a full interior and the door works.

Every town needs a blacksmith, and Daydelon has a very good one. He's kept busy sharpening tools and swords as well as making new ones.

overview.JPG

front.JPG

left.JPG

back.JPG

smith2.JPG

smith3.JPG

More pictures can be seen here: link

All Comments/Criticism appreciated :classic:

Inderesting interior dude... Lovely phase 2 build :thumbup:

Thanks Gunman :classic:

This is great! I love the forge.

Thanks Carson, the forge was inspired by ZC's blacksmith builds :classic:

Lovely interior, especially the sword holder. Great use of the white leaves, though the white/black clash seems a little much here. Nicely done!

Solid MOC buddy. I really like the consistency of the 1x1 rounds on the rakes. The half stud offset both inside and outside in the Tudor section is fantastic as well. :thumbup:

UoP DoH +1 for both credits.

Lovely interior, especially the sword holder. Great use of the white leaves, though the white/black clash seems a little much here. Nicely done!

Thank you, I really liked that sword holder design. The white leaves on the black roof look amazing in real life, the second picture is closer to what they really look like.

Nice forge! Like Hammer said, the back/white clash a little too much. :sceptic:

Thank you, see above :wink:

Solid MOC buddy. I really like the consistency of the 1x1 rounds on the rakes. The half stud offset both inside and outside in the Tudor section is fantastic as well. :thumbup:

Thank you, using a half-stud offset makes everything a bit trickier, but looks very good (and realistic) :classic:

Very nice! I like how you've made the walls with a half-stud offset and still making an interior as well :classic:

Good use of those white leaves, nice interiors and excellent execution of that particular roofing technique! +1 to the claims

If anything, I'd have made the border in a different color, so the grey wasn't so predominant on the bottom half

Edited by qiadris

Very nice! I like how you've made the walls with a half-stud offset and still making an interior as well :classic:

Thanks Gideon :classic:

Great job again, I love the weapon rack near the forge.

Thanks Torgar, that rack uses a large steering wheel to hold the swords, I thought it was pretty neat that the swords fit that well :classic:

Good use of those white leaves, nice interiors and excellent execution of that particular roofing technique! +1 to the claims

If anything, I'd have made the border in a different color, so the grey wasn't so predominant on the bottom half

Thank you, and I did think about changing the border color. I decided to leave it so it matched the Phase 1 build :classic:

Looks like someone's going to get an icicle drip on their head! Seriously though, good job on the snowscaping, and also great use of the cheese slopes to allow indentation of both sides of the house! :thumbup: I may borrow that technique if you don't mind!

+1 PU credit!

Excellent build, SK, I really like the wooden section of the house :thumbup::sweet:

The stone part is great too, but as others mentioned the border is a bit distracting :wink:

Nice work SK :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Wedge :classic:

Looks like someone's going to get an icicle drip on their head! Seriously though, good job on the snowscaping, and also great use of the cheese slopes to allow indentation of both sides of the house! :thumbup: I may borrow that technique if you don't mind!

+1 PU credit!

Thanks Kai! I was wondering if anyone would notice that icicle. Gabe inspired that cheese slope design when he mentioned it was possible to make a corner beam only 1x1 and still have half stud indentation on both sides of it. After he said that, I figured out how to do it pretty quick :classic:

Excellent build, SK, I really like the wooden section of the house :thumbup::sweet:

The stone part is great too, but as others mentioned the border is a bit distracting :wink:

Thanks Garmadon :classic:

UoP +1 I forgot to add before.

Edited by Gideon