As recently announced in the post of EB user BMarco (http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=90366) I have the pleasure to present my version of the same engine :classic:

The italian E424 with the classic livery "Isabella" :wub_drool:

e424-001.jpg

e424-002.jpg

Many credits go to BMarco for inspiring me in this work, which is almost a replica with different details for the front nose, the roof and the side that I wanted to build more compact with a SNOT solution for the windows.

At the Model Expo in Verona, I had the fortune to meet BMarco the author of the original version. :excited:

During the exibition I did run the locomotive on the layout prepared by Helos author of the beautiful Turtle and Railjet :wub: that you can see in the following picture!

e424-011.jpg

Like all my locomotives also the E424 has lights but the implementation is not for lego purists because I had to use a drill to modify some plates :grin:

e424-012.jpg

e424-010.jpg

e424-013.jpg

e424-014.jpg

e424-015.jpg

...enjoy the ather pictures! :classic:

e424-003.jpg

e424-004.jpg

e424-005.jpg

e424-006.jpg

e424-007.jpg

e424-008.jpg

e424-009.jpg

e424-016.jpg

e424-017.jpg

e424-018.jpg

Very nice. Great job on the nose.

Did you use a drill press or free hand for the LED holes?

Hi guys thanks for your kind words! :classic:

Did you use a drill press or free hand for the LED holes?

I've used a free hand drill starting from the plate with one stud to have an easy reference of the hole :wink:

Fantastic, you've done a fantastic job!

I've seen the real one many times when I lived in Italy.

Very accurate recreation.

I'd like to see more pictures and maybe a video of it in action on a track -- do you have replicas of passenger cars as well?

Looks good just like the real one.Can I ask though, does this have another option for locomotion than the pantograph as I see in the photo of the real one that it does not have them raised, whilst clearly it is out on its own and not attached to anything pushing/pulling it? It would make for a good option to be able to pick up current from some other source than overhead or to have a diesel engine as well?

Can I ask though, does this have another option for locomotion than the pantograph as I see in the photo of the real one that it does not have them raised, whilst clearly it is out on its own and not attached to anything pushing/pulling it?

It's also clearly stationary ;-)

It's quite common for electric loco's to be parked with the panto's down.

I have to see the original is no beauty but you've done her proud. It's a good likeness, even if it took some stickers and a drill.

execellent work like ever, the good old italian Loco, i remember when i see on a cargo train....

Wow, what a fantastic build, you did a great job capturing this locomotive (and what fine company it shared in the Model Expo)

Yes, this is it! Wonderful job. I like the E424, it's one of my favorite engines. You did a great work, really. I saw yours and also mine running at the Model Expo in Verona, and you know, it was an amazing view!!! I have just modified my E 424 with new parts arrived in these days, hope you can see it next time we meet. Congratulations, Now I hope to see as soon as possible new models by your creativity, italian or german engines???? Here our MOCs:

https://www.flickr.c...07/13432040555/

Well, some units of this machine were built at OMR plant (Officine Meccaniche Reggiane) just in front of my former home. Only the main railroad to Milan divided my backyard from the plant courtyard with a big sliding bridge among the workshops and depots. I couldn't see those machines grow because it happened in fifties, when the OMR were rising after being bombed out on 7th / 8th January 1944. I saw many E424 in the seventies during their regular service and I was able to recognize their typical sound like a big sewing machine through the kitchen window. This loco wasn't fast but could have great accelaretion as it often pulled light stuff then the drivers quite often performed this capability.

The reproduction is an excellent work with some experienced solutions as our friends had said above. The only problem I can point out regards hte doors which have to be on the starboard side. :wink:

You might reproduce the front doors :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: which would have to be in the flat side of the nose but they were soon removed in the prototypes because too dangerous.

Hello LEGO Train 12 Volts

A truly beautiful work. Seven is far more difficult than six or eight wide. You have a model very well made. (Correctly reconstructed)

Best regards Udo

Great work LT12V !!!

Which TrClear elements did you use for the sloped front windows ?

Hey guys thanks for the kind words, you're all welcome! :classic:

The slope pieces used for the windows is the reference n. 3678a on brick link, and I've joined the pieces using two n. 4085d pieces (to lock the entire nose structure on the main body) and one n. 4081b piece (to merge the two side of the nose)