Hey Lads!

i tought i would share this WIP as i am very proud of it

If you have seen The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug then you'll probably remember this

It is based on one of the last scene's in Erebor

The Dwarves lure Smaug the terrible deeper into the dwarven fortress Erebor,

Thorin came up with the plan to make a structure, wich is made of gold (as gold attracts dragons)

to trap Smaug and cover him in hot fluent gold!

but for that he's going to need molten gold. so they arrive at the Forge's (settled deep in Erebor)

Thorin insults Smaug so he gets angry... and blows fire!

Now the Furnaces are alight and the plan can fold out...

So here's the WIP

12909457934_46707c871c.jpg

Keep in mind that this is not the front entrance, it is a side entrance wich leads to the Gallery of the kings

12909039635_7687bb4d3d.jpg

This is Thorin, im going to make a scene where the dwarves fight against Smaug (Balin throws bombs, Bilbo pulls a lever for water etc)

But to make that scene im going to have to wait until October 2014, a lot of cool sets are coming out and the biggest one features a molded Smaug! and my guess would be also Lake town clothes Bilbo, Dori, Bifur, Dwalin, Balin and others. until then im just gonna finish the MOC

12909135683_1466bd6d90.jpg

This is the furnace, i wil add a lot of fire

12909043005_f1016d54ac.jpg

Light it up up up... on fire!

12909472304_94aec7b497.jpg

One of the carts where Bifur and Gloin land in, im looking for a good place for them

12909045345_a11384626e.jpg

Dwarf head WIP, I will make a scene where water comes out of its mouth

12909473284_b532f08bc1.jpg

A little gap, to look inside Balin's Bomb making area!

12909133603_4467ecec88.jpg

Overview

So i hope you like it! this is just the meager start but i think it's starting to look like the real deal,

i will add a LOT more! i'll keep you updated :wink:

See ya lads

UPDATE:

So lads! New features are added!

13381024373_1d66cb3826.jpg

So the door is updated, with a nice mosaic on top it represents the forge and all the hard work the dwarf's put in it

(the mosaic is not completely finished)

13381021963_38d490affd.jpg

Here you see Bifur in his minecart (not final position)

13381019963_863faeeab4.jpg

I don't really know what i wanted this to be, It looks very dwarvish :laugh:

13380872905_7623c650b4.jpg

And here's an overview!

Well i hope you like it

I'll keep ya updated lads

See ya

- Kevkipo

Edited by kevkipo

Looks promising! Great work on those doors :thumbup:

Thanks! just saw your signature. awesome Hobbiton MOC!

btw we are both dutch :laugh:

Nice job! I started my own MOC of the forges a while ago, not sure if i'll ever get back to that. Best to wait and see if 79018 includes the forges or not. :wink:

Nice job! I started my own MOC of the forges a while ago, not sure if i'll ever get back to that. Best to wait and see if 79018 includes the forges or not. :wink:

I sure hope so! and thanks! :classic: Do you have any pictures of your work in progress? i would like to see it :laugh:

I sure hope so! and thanks! :classic: Do you have any pictures of your work in progress? i would like to see it :laugh:

Sure thing! Here it is in LDD:

13039809093_1c8d97fea1_z.jpg

It's really only the basic shape, a lot would be reworked so it's sturdy enough and more accurate to the film. I had an idea for a feature where gold 1x1s could be released onto the ramp with a lever. Maybe you'll be able to make that possible on your version.

Sure thing! Here it is in LDD:

13039809093_1c8d97fea1_z.jpg

It's really only the basic shape, a lot would be reworked so it's sturdy enough and more accurate to the film. I had an idea for a feature where gold 1x1s could be released onto the ramp with a lever. Maybe you'll be able to make that possible on your version.

Wow that looks awesome! mine is kinda tiny compared to this :blush:

Maybe i'll try to add that feature! it's a really nice idea! but i don't really know where to place the ramp?

i'll figure something out :grin:

Thanks!

Great! The more Dutch the merrier! :wink:

Yup! :laugh:

Dutch = Cozyness :wink:

Nice WIP kevkipo.. lets see how it goes on.. :thumbup:

Thanks! :) Im working pretty hard on it right now. but it's hard with a cold :sadnew:

This is looking REALLY good! It's almost like I'm watching the movie! :sweet: The doors are awesome and I like that you are using the light up brick!

Wow thanks! :wink: The light up brick is a nice feature isn't it? i was thinking it just needed that little Play Feature. i will also make a Jump Feature for Nori (it's pretty hard to explain) also like i already typed Balins bomb throw, Bilbo's Lever pulling.

Im making it as nice as possible :)

So the MOC is really coming to life now!

Im mostly working on the door at the time

And on changing my Furnace design, Because of Floundie i saw a new way to build it! :wink:

Soon i'll upload new pics!

Looking great! Wish I had a working surface for MOCS like this... as it is I only have room for shelves. :look:

One thing I'm wondering, how are you going to fit Smaug in there? Is this only a section of your layout?

Looking great! Wish I had a working surface for MOCS like this... as it is I only have room for shelves. :look:

One thing I'm wondering, how are you going to fit Smaug in there? Is this only a section of your layout?

Well my first space was on the floor :wink: , I just created space. Throw away the shelves! Buy a good table (or like me build one yourself)

My room as a mess a year ago. I just tought what if i threw this away and replace this with that Etc. Mix and Match a bit :laugh:

About Smaug. I have a great idea! but it's very hard to explain, Let's try: He is crawling against the wall and at the same time trapped with chains (remember when he knocks Gloin and Bifur down he is all trapped in wires and chains) So one of his Hands/wings is holding on to the wall, and another is on the floor. He is walking to Thorin

Again you probably still have blurred vision :P Like i said it's hard to explain!

But i hope it will turn out to be great :D

I get what you're saying, sounds cool! But I guess it all depends on how big Smaug turns out to be..

Good luck with your MOC - although I thought that was the dumbest sequence in the movie:

"Hey guys we have to deal with a dragon - what can we do?"

"I know let's forge a gigantic statue out of molten gold, which despite being made out of a liquid, will somehow hold it's consistency just long enough for a curious dragon to get close enough to be completely covered with it when it finally gives way and splashes everywhere."

"Brilliant!"

I'm no script writer but surely someone must have realised that was a dumb idea before they filmed it?

Good luck with your MOC - although I thought that was the dumbest sequence in the movie:

"Hey guys we have to deal with a dragon - what can we do?"

"I know let's forge a gigantic statue out of molten gold, which despite being made out of a liquid, will somehow hold it's consistency just long enough for a curious dragon to get close enough to be completely covered with it when it finally gives way and splashes everywhere."

"Brilliant!"

I'm no script writer but surely someone must have realised that was a dumb idea before they filmed it?

Ah well... It looked cool! And everything can happen in Middle-Earth :wink:

I Believe i heard someone from the PJ team say it was Magic Dwarven Gold, When only a few minutes in the mold it will take the form of the mold.

When you rip the mold off, it will hold it's form for a minute or two!

I get what you're saying, sounds cool! But I guess it all depends on how big Smaug turns out to be..

Yep, My toughts are he is slightly bigger than the castle dragon

He's gonna be great!