Thanks guys!

His trucks are 1:13 scale. And with 24x43 tires with diameter of 82mm fits almost perfect in that scale, with 19.2 cm wide body.

8110 are 94mm and would be to large.

The reason for not using these large 'Unimog' wheels indeed they're too large. I'm building on scale 1:13 and the 24x43 just fit. Even if you size up a model I think these Unimog wheels are a little bit too wide for a regular truck. I got four of these wheels, but didn't use them so far. Have some ideas for a nice truck load but first have other projects to fulfill.

About the functions of the model; it indeed is static and is far too heavy to ride. What I put inside is a compressor for operating the underlift. It can be pulled out and folded upwards and backwards. The crane rotation is handled by a geared 9V motor. The boom extension is manually; I really wanted to have a good replica and all this Technic stuff doesn't fit then. The winches also are manual. Eventually you can pull anything with it but that wasn't the purpose of the model :classic:

One word: Frontpage

Two words: Pro Tag

Three words: Hall of Fame

Thanks! Really appreciated!

This is amazingly detailed. I'm not sure if I've seen you're other models, but I am definitely going to check them out. Fantastic job :classic:

First off awesome! I didn't know all that existed in chrome. Amazing.

Did you use waterslide for the decals/stickers? Or did you have some custom printed vinyl decals? I need to decal up my newest train MOC and would love some hints!

Thanks!

It doesn't.

Those parts are custom chromed. Several bricklink shops will do that for you, for a price. Usually near a dollar for a piece. Unless made in batch.

Did you use waterslide for the decals/stickers? Or did you have some custom printed vinyl decals? I need to decal up my newest train MOC and would love some hints!

Thanks!

The pieces indeed are custom chromed as Milan described. Not very cheap, but it really is a good addition to the model.

The decals are also custom made but these are real stickers (no water transfers). These are also put on cars, vans so water resistant. There are quite some companies who can prints these. You only should have knowledge about Adobe Illustrator to create some.

so much custom crome

he i dont now how to spell crome

that would have been very expensive to make

This one is really nice, amazing and impressive!!! It is so "you" and that is a good thing, you have your own style and you stand for it. Nice to see all the added chrome parts, very very nice...!!!

The decals are also custom made but these are real stickers (no water transfers). These are also put on cars, vans so water resistant. There are quite some companies who can prints these. You only should have knowledge about Adobe Illustrator to create some.

I've looked a lot on line for sticker printing, but there seems to be a myriad of options. Since you are mentioning car stickers, I assume this would be printing onto vinyl? Is anybody aware of a vinyl like laserjet printing paper to print stickers at home?

That's correct jrathfon. This vinyl is of much better quality and longlasting. I didn't print them myself. The company which took care of it has a laser cutter and then it's just a matter of adding the decals to the model. They do not have the red background and that's what I wanted, just the lettering.

I can confirm that the quality of the lasser cutter sticker letters are way better than a normal printed sticker and at a model from this price it cost a fraction of the total.

The level of detail on this model is truely astonishing...the Chrome parts alone must have cost a fortune!

I assume he sent parts to get Chromed?.....it looks like a real model, just incredible level of work!

I would be afraid to try and part this out to build it........!