Finally my Kenworth K100E is ready. I took a while before it was done. I start building this model back in the summer of 2011, when I came back from the UK. Heading for the ferries I also took a short visit to the yard of Neil Yates Recovery. I knew they have a K100 and I was very pleased it was parked there at that moment.

Building is wasn't an easy task. It would become my first US truck on a large scale and with the use of chrome parts. I hardly had some in my collection and I had to buy everything; that's rather expensive. I had a chassis and the exterior of the cab but then I decided to build a smaller version first; my previous K100 with Holmes twin boom. That one turned out very well and I continued building the NYR wrecker in 2013. It's my largest solo vehicle so far, with the exception of the large Liebherr mobile crane I built during the 90s.

13012083033_a733110875_c.jpg

13012087153_a2a5162314_c.jpg

I took quite some pictures which can be viewed in my Flickr stream; here you can see some details as well.

Dutch builders rules the world :laugh: .

This is truly a stunning K100 Rotator and all the details are spot on :wub: :wub: :wub: ..

Great work Dennis :thumbup: .

Gorgeous!

One thing I noticed with such large models is the use of the old style 'full' tires ... is this primarily because of the weight? The hollow tires may collapse under the weight ... correct?

Gorgeous!

One thing I noticed with such large models is the use of the old style 'full' tires ... is this primarily because of the weight? The hollow tires may collapse under the weight ... correct?

It's for the scale :wink:

One of your best!

I still like your Scania LS the most, but this is pure delight.

How did you attach pneumatic hose around the back wheel arches?

Thanks everyone!

Gorgeous!

The main reason is there are no new tires with a similar size. The ones used for instance on the 5-axle mobile crane are smaller and that means I've to use another scale. Actually I think it's OK. My aim is also to reach the real thing as close as possible but I think you also should spot it's just a LEGO model. And besides, I've nearly 200 of these wheels ...

Amazing!

(Btw liked the interview in our company magazine at Scania, I work there)

Thanks! Yes, that was very nice to do. I got in touch with an agency who often do business with Scania. Now the Dutch factory also want to publish something and invited me to see the factory! Looking forward to that of course :classic:

Here's a link to the article online: http://newsroom.scania.com/en-group/2014/02/21/building-scania-brick-by-brick/

Really great looking and shiny truck! Oh why didnt you use 8110 tyres and rims?

His trucks are 1:13 scale. And with 24x43 tires with diameter of 82mm fits almost perfect in that scale, with 19.2 cm wide body.

8110 are 94mm and would be to large.

Sick! That's one for the display cabinet. I would want a poster of that. Do the functions work or are they just for show?

H

One word: Frontpage

Two words: Pro Tag

Three words: Hall of Fame