Sign in to follow this  
Phoxtane

[HELP] Pulley Wheels with Rubber Ring

I found a handful of these going through my gears and pulley wheel box, and I've no idea what part they are or what they were used for. Can someone enlighten me?

640x478.jpg

Those look new - can't find them on Bricklink. Can you find the part number on them?

-Sci

Thanks! The last time I tried to use them they wouldn't stay on the axle terribly well due to the rubber ring. I'll have to try again sometime.

I have a couple of those from the 9V motor in the nineties. They will come in handy.

H

Yup, the rubber ring attaches to the stud on a micromotor. I don't know if it's the picture, but I have never seen one with light grey rubber.

TLH

Yup, the rubber ring attaches to the stud on a micromotor. I don't know if it's the picture, but I have never seen one with light grey rubber.

TLH

They look brown in this photo but I guess they are grey?

Both the plastic and the rubber piece are the same color of light bluish gray, yes.

Wow.. I've never seen one with grey rubber, much less light bluish grey. So you can confirm that it is definitely light bley?

TLH

That I can:

640x478.jpg

This was taken underneath one of those true-color bulbs. Although they may look brownish, the rubber rings and the plastic piece are the same color, and it definitely is a light bluish gray color! Whether or not the rings will change color over time due to exposure to sunlight remains to be seen, however.

This was taken underneath one of those true-color bulbs. Although they may look brownish, the rubber rings and the plastic piece are the same color, and it definitely is a light bluish gray color! Whether or not the rings will change color over time due to exposure to sunlight remains to be seen, however.

Strange! The rubber on all of mine is transparent.

Strange! The rubber on all of mine is transparent.

Same here, and I think I have 8 of them :sceptic:

I have quite a few of these and I too have them in both colors. I think what happened is that they were included in the education sets far past their primary use for the micromotor in the mid 90's. Because of that they were off all of our radars and continued to be made after the color switch. I can't say for sure they are still made but they were until recently.

I found out which set I got these from:

http://rebrickable.c...et-technic-2003

I must have a different variant from what exactly is there; I didn't get any green 40t gears, and my two 6588 gearboxes are trans-clear instead of yellow, among other more minor inconsistencies.

Edited by Phoxtane

Sometime totaly different. Are they strong enough to handel a gearbox switch? The motor itself ofcourse

Edited by Marcel1980

Are they strong enough to handele a gearbox switch?

I don't quite know what you mean. Are you talking about the gearbox changeover catch? I don't quite see how these two pieces would even work together...