Does this have the plaque and info decal like the other UCS sets? I haven't seen it in any pictures, but I'm still hopeful...

I don't actually mind much that this doesn't have an info plaque. Putting those info sheet stickers on is always a huge pain, since it's so easy to get lots of air bubbles or dust underneath, even when you're careful about it.

Edited by Thorg23

Does this have the plaque and info decal like the other UCS sets? I haven't seen it in any pictures, but I'm still hopeful...

It's not a UCS is it. Or is there no distinction anymore?

How tall is it compared to Jabba's Palace combined with the Rancor Pit?

From the LEGO S@H site:

Sandcrawler is 9 inches tall (25cm)

Jabba's Palace is 9" tall (25cm)

Rancor Pit is 6" tall (16cm)

From the LEGO S@H site:

Sandcrawler is 9 inches tall (25cm)

Jabba's Palace is 9" tall (25cm)

Rancor Pit is 6" tall (16cm)

Didn't expect that, it seems that Sandcrawler is much taller.

From the pictures it seems to be at least a foot tall, so that's a bit surprising (at least for me).

Just in case you're still undecided whether you should get the new one or keep the previous version:

14151001273_fc1c9f7889_z.jpg

13944260977_a15c3b73d4_z.jpg

13944260347_c48776f959_z.jpg

14127953142_761c14a321_z.jpg

13944303910_35c1366226_z.jpg

13944303450_e876e9324b_z.jpg

Personally, I love both of them, but the new one takes the cake without a doubt :wub: (even though it's a little on the expensive side, but you definitely get your money's worth :thumbup: )

Thanks for posting them side-by-side. The new one definitely looks much better, and more movie-accurate IMHO. The attention to details with the angles and the greebling on the top and sides is an improvement.

I just checked S@H, and my Sandcrawler is on the FedEx truck on the way to my house. :thumbup:

I went into my local Lego store on Saturday to pick up the Ewok Village. On display was the Sandcrawler. It looked way nicer in person than in pictures. It seemed smaller than expected, but really detailed and all the angles fit together well (any gaps are very minor). I came home with the Ewok Village, built it, and love it.

But then I couldn't get the Sandcrawler off my mind, so I went back on Monday and bought one. With all the pieces dumped into a giant pile, it took me about 12 hours to build and a leisurely pace. For it being a big brown box, it's pretty awesome. It looks great on display here in my place, and I can't stop playing around with it either. I'm slowly making modifications to the interior, but it's definitely not a set that needs to be modded. I like the tech specs that are in the manual, but would have preferred the plaque treatment for it as I'm unlikely to have the book laying around to read whenever I want.

Unfortunately not. My ticket at the German Lego Customer Support have been answered by "there will be no collectors sticker in next time".

After the feedback I printed my own sticker.

If you find a better designed sticker - please post it here.

14117210935_e3213f108d_o.jpg

Just in case you're still undecided whether you should get the new one or keep the previous version:

Oh wow. Thanks for doing this. The detail on the new version really shines. I'm curious, though -- when I look at the front hatches on both, the older version seems to have a deeper and potentially more spacious interior by a small margin. How do they compare in this respect?

@Fritzy: The interior of the new one is superior I think since it uses the whole given space, whereas the old version has a detachable mid-section that reduces the size of its interior quite significantly :wink: There's only one part of the old Sandcrawler's interior that's really accessible, and that's the front where the crane platform is stored. The new one allows access to the entire interior which includes room for the speeder, three crates that can be inserted via the tan "doors" at each side, a retractable ladder and two cranes :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Unfortunately not. My ticket at the German Lego Customer Support have been answered by "there will be no collectors sticker in next time".

After the feedback I printed my own sticker.

If you find a better designed sticker - please post it here.

That looks great! I have absolutely no skill when it comes to making things like this, so it's muchly appreciated when you make and share them with us.

Does anyone have a photo of their spare parts, I'm interested to see as I have a couple of odd ones, like a dark tan double cheese slope, and some extra 3 long technic tan pieces.

@Brickus: I also got an extra dk tan double cheese slope, but only one of those tan technic pieces. Instead, I had an extra one in black and one in dk gray :wink: I guess it's not that unusual then :laugh:

Thanks, I had the exact same as you. They are pretty unusual spare parts.

That looks great!

Thanks. I searched long for a angular outline view in Google. But I only found this side view.

Is there anywhere a template for the new big stickers? I only found the small template from the year 2000 stickers in Eurobricks.

Thanks for the side-by-side views of the Sandcrawlers. I do have the old one built up, and I received the new one last Wednesday, but as my wife and I are moving house in the next couple of months I won't be building it until after we have moved (binge building expected: I will finally get a Lego dedicated room, and i have a growing backlog of sets including Tower of Orthanc and this set!).

The new one looks to be longer and 4 studs narrower compared to the old version, and of course much truer to the on screen model. I used to have a second MISB 10144 Sandcrawler, bought when they were on sale, which I then sold again, and I always slightly regretted selling it (the 2004-2005 Star Wars toy packaging with the silver line along the edge was in my opinion the best looking packaging style they've used)... Until now. This one is way better than the old one.

to be honest always thought it be bigger or at least taller than the original, a little disappointed to say the least

I also took a few comparison pictures of the Sandcrawler-exclusive minifigs & droids:

13956716149_9aaf7cc44d_z.jpg

13956747628_95b495170c_z.jpg

14143580284_28ccb71189_z.jpg

Too bad the new Jawas don't have capes, they'd look so much better if they did :sceptic: The old short cape (simply known as the "Jawa cape" since that particular variety of capes hasn't been used anywhere else) is obviously out of production, but the new version that is heavily featured in the Middle-Earth sets would have worked perfectly :wub: Too bad the brown version is only available in two sets as of now (79002 Attack of the Wargs and 79003 An Unexpected Gathering).