gallery_101_23_908.jpg

75059_box3_na.jpg

75059 Sandcrawler™

Ages 14+ 3,296 Pieces

US $299.99 - CA $349.99 - DE 299.99€ - UK £249.99 - DK 2,799.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Collect a true icon of the classic Star Wars™ universe – the mighty Sandcrawler™!

Recreate unforgettable scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this amazing LEGO® incarnation of the Jawas’ desert-going vehicle, the Sandcrawler™. Turn the knob at the rear and steer the Sandcrawler into position, lower the front ramp and offload the droids using the 2 working cranes. Luke Skywalker™ and his Uncle, Owen Lars, are sure to be impressed with the selection on offer: there’s R2-D2, an R1-series Droid, an R2 unit, R5-D4™, a Treadwell Droid™, Gonk Droid™ and even C-3PO™. When the sale is complete, lift the side panels and top to reveal more great features inside, like the engine, storage bay, cockpit and more. There’s even a speeder bike for when the Jawas need to venture outside. Includes 7 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Uncle Owen, C-3PO™ and 4 Jawas™, plus R2-D2™, R2 unit, an R1-series Droid™, Gonk Droid™, R5-D4™ and a Treadwell Droid™.

Travel the dunes with the LEGO® Star Wars™ Sandcrawler™ with working cranes, detailed interior, 7 minifigures, 5 droids and lots more!

• Includes 7 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Uncle Owen, C-3PO™ and 4 Jawas™, plus R2-D2™, R2 unit, an R1-series Droid™, Gonk Droid™, R5-D4™ and a Treadwell Droid™
  • Features 8 tracks with steering function, lowering front ramp, opening side flaps, removable top, working cranes, speeder bike, opening hatch for easy access to the boxes, attachable handles for lifting boxes, and a detailed interior including engine bay, storage bay and cockpit
  • Also includes stock for old droids and droid parts
  • Weapons include a lightsaber for Luke Skywalker™
  • Sell droids to Luke and his Uncle
  • Keep your droids well maintained
  • Pretend to suck R2-D2™ up into the Sandcrawler™ – just like in the movie!
  • Own your own iconic vehicle from the classic Star Wars™ universe
  • Relive classic moments from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
  • Measures over 9” (24cm) high, 18” (48cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

May 2014 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2014 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

STAR WARS™ and all characters, names and related indicia are © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved.

Designer Video:

*all pics link to high rez.

75059_1to1_001.jpg

75059_1to1_002.jpg

75059_1to1_003.jpg

75059_1to1_004.jpg

75059_1to1_005.jpg

75059_1to1_006.jpg

75059_1to1_007.jpg

75059_1to1_008.jpg

75059_1to1_009.jpg

75059_1to1_010.jpg

75059_1to1_011.jpg

75059_1to1_014.jpg

75059_Back_001.jpg

75059_Back_005.jpg

75059_Back_006.jpg

75059_Back_007.jpg

75059_Back_010.jpg

75059_box3_na.jpg

75059_box5_in.jpg

75059_Front_001.jpg

75059_Front_004.jpg

75059_Front_005.jpg

75059_Front_008.jpg

75059_Front_009.jpg

75059_Front_010.jpg

75059_Front_014.jpg

75059_Front_015.jpg

75059_Front_018.jpg

75059_FuncA_001.jpg

75059_FuncA_002.jpg

75059_FuncB_001.jpg

75059_FuncC_001.jpg

75059_FuncD_001.jpg

75059_FuncE_001.jpg

75059_FuncF_001.jpg

75059_FuncF_002.jpg

75059_FuncF_003.jpg

75059_FuncF_004.jpg

75059_FuncG_001.jpg

75059_FuncH_001.jpg

75059_prod.jpg

75059_Top_001.jpg

75059_Top_002.jpg

From TLG regarding packaging:

The decision has been made to change the packaging for future “LEGO® exclusive” Star Wars™ sets to include the UCS seal and de-link from the core Star Wars packaging. In addition to the packaging change an update has been made to the building instructions. The building instructions will have additional pages detailing the model’s connection to the movie and its development process. Much as the Creator Expert badge differentiates the larger models from the core assortment the goal of this change is to better communicate to builders that these sets represent our biggest building challenge in the LEGO® Star Wars™ theme.

Day one buy for me. Love the Jawas and updated C-3PO. Notice how the Jawas have different torsos

Edited by addemlit

Here is a designer video from LEGO youtube channel

Edited by NickAb

This is leaps and bounds better than this... They're not even in the same league...

13357.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

Here is a designer video from LEGO youtube channel

Forgot about that. Thank you. :sweet:

Woah, I really love this set. More importantly, I love the boxart! It reminds me of the 2003/2004ish boxarts. Gorgeous!

This is leaps and bounds better than this... They're not even in the same league...

Then again, this USC model does have twice as many parts...

Nice droid collection! But why does Luke have a lightsaber here and now?

Edited by Yooha

The Star Wars continuity expert at Lego must have been on vacation..

Edited by Paul Boratko

This is such a huge leap from the old Sandcrawler... This news is dreadfully exciting!

What's the raygun-torch sort of thing the Jawa without the megaphone has? Is that a new piece?

Very cool - I See they have re-introduced the UCS name again too - but the set number is not a 100xx???.

Agree in that it is leaps and bounds above the old SC, with some amazing details and touches. Some of the stickers seem a bit naff (like the detail on the wheel assembly, and at the rear), but overall, Im a big BIG fan.

Why does Luke have a lightsaber though??

Edited by harmacy

A definite must buy for me. Oddly enough though my favorite parts of the set are the green R2 unit and the R1 unit. I just love those little astromechs and I'm always happy to have more. Looks like it'll be a great build, can't wait to get my hands on one

-'Skintas

Wow! This looks better than I might have possibly hoped. I seriously contemplated purchasing the last one, but it just did not have quite enough to entice me at that price point. This one may be more expensive, but it seems so much better! Sure, the Jawas are missing those special capes, but we have gotten lots of those with Tolkien minifigs. I love the various functions of the model, as the designer displays them, the size, the overall appearance, and the new minifig designs. The price will still make this a tougher call, but TLG seems to have outdone itself this time!

3296 pieces... 800 of which are bulldozer tread pieces.

:laugh:

Fantastic improvement over the old 'crawler. Definitely do want.

Also kind of impressive how much opens up. Must be a pretty beefy Technic skeleton in there.

...actually looks like right about 40 links per tread, so 40 X 8 = 320

Not as many as I thought, but still. I hate putting them together.

Edited by rollermonkey

Looks like a massive improvement over the original. Can't wait to buy this!

Shame there's no Beru though.

Doesn't he have it when he returns from Ben's and they find the slain jawas?

Looks good and I'm sure it's vast improvement over the original... but it's just not for me. It's something that seems to need some interaction to get the full benefit and honestly I just don't have the time to interact with some sets. Four of the seven figures are Jawas and nearly identical - I just can't get excited for that.

Couldn't they wait a little while longer with a new big release? :tongue: I still haven't gotten around to buy the Ewok Village set and there are still some other regular sets on my purchase list. The set looks fantastic! I was still crawling through my Dark Ages when the first iteration of this vehicle was around and I'm always a sucker for new shiny minifigs, so I'll certainly get this one! :) May is perfect, I could just order this bad boy for the May the 4th event and have it here on my birthday! :wub: