Sign in to follow this  
MstrOfPppts

PTC - Captain Nemo/MstrOfPppts

[pid][/pid] 246B

Team Captain Nemo and MstrOfPppts decided to go for a classic pirates set design with an updated color scheme. The idea whilst thinking out of the box, was to connect the sets in a way that's different to what we expected from everyone to do. So here's what we came up with:

~ Captain Nemo ~

PTC-CN1.jpg

Arg! Behold Privateer Port — a place for any pirate to call home! Load treasures onto the rowboat with the crane or find new hidden treasure! Lock up your enemies in the jail or use the zip line to escape when breaking out! Or perhaps just fire the cannon and spot ships with the spyglass. Live the life of a pirate! Includes a pirate captain, two crewmembers, a skeleton prisoner, a rowboat, a cannon and a monkey!

PTC-CN2.jpg

Some play features:

PTC-CN3.jpg

PTC-CN4.jpg

~ MstrOfPppts ~

PTC-MOP1.jpg

Pillar hideout is a temporary pirate shelter mainly built from wreckage. Hide the treasure into one of the pillars and fire the cannon against any scallywags! Use the hidden map room to plan the smuggling routes and never run out of precious rum! Includes a pirate lady, three crewmembers, a cannon and a shark!

PTC-MOP2.jpg

Some play features:

PTC-MOP3.jpg

PTC-MOP4.jpg

~ Complete model ~

Due to lack of time for anyone of us to build both models, a quick photshop will have to do ... behold the Shipwreck Cove!

PTC-XCNMOP.jpg

Awesome! thats a really cool way of using the connection, and together they make a really cool looking pirate hideout.

best of luck!

I think these sets have some excellent playability and the way you've joined them vertically is definitely thinking outside the box. Good job!

Excellent work! Love the way you guys made the connection between the two models!

Very clever thinking. Each set works on it's own merits but stacked together they create something a bit more. All the connections look legal, so it could be a TLG set.

Plenty of exciting play feature to. My one criticism is that I feel the second (lower) set lacks a boat in order to get pirates to the islands.

Great job, I like the different take on the modularity aspect,

nice photoshopping (although you missed a spot, at the chain near the fishing line).

Good luck.

Excellent job to both of you. I would buy these if they were real sets.

What a great presentation of the MOCs. They are like official sets. Very classic feel.. Nice.. Good luck guys

That's a very innovative connection for sure. I love the "outside the box" thinking. And the MOC is great too!

Your combined entry has 'Official LEGO set' written all over it. I love everything about it.

Best of luck!