Sign in to follow this  

Fast forward a year, the village has become a town, and with the extra people, and extra trade, the guard must expand the keep up. The newbie is now an excellent swordsman, and has even earned a cloak for himself, befitting his skill level. His old comrade is hard at work training the new recruits.

12964771684_4e8ceeae1c.jpg

12964775274_a46474cf84.jpg

12964496123_9727a6f2de.jpg

12964499163_75f2aab096.jpg

12964501953_9438387c07.jpg

A fresh recruit, learning the basics of swordsmanship

12964360255_751867a247.jpg

A spearman practicing under the watchful eye of his mentor

12964363065_9e0b7e75d6.jpg

Some recruits advance faster than others, nowhere is this more apparent than in the sparring ring

12964791794_23643efc20.jpg

Arm strength is very important, and this recruit is working hard to keep it up

12964794024_52e0560488.jpg

Every good Mitgardian has a pile of dangerous weapons somewhere, these are no different!

12964796804_2f03dfe313.jpg

An arhitect and a quartermaster talk over the plans for the new barracks

I would also like to claim UoP credits for the following subjects:

Landscape Design: Snow and Ice

General Building: Minifigure Posing

Military Science: Military Camp

Edited by Jakon

Excellent Phase II build, Jakon, good work on the action/minifig posing :sweet:

I like rocks and the border, though I don't think I have ever seen one with studs like that before.

If it wasn't for all the action I would saw that the ground could use a bit more texture and not so many colors, however, as it is it looks fine :wink:

The only thing that bothers me at all about the build is the snow-covered roof, it is a little unrealistic, as it would almost certainly cave in with so much weight :grin:

On the whole great job though :thumbup:

I actually really like the roof. We see snow covered roofs like that in Utah all the time. I might have to steal your idea. I also really like your descriptions of each scene.

I actually really like the roof. We see snow covered roofs like that in Utah all the time. I might have to steal your idea. I also really like your descriptions of each scene.

What I meant was that it would cave in because it was only supported by some rocks and a couple of poles, so it would probably cave in in the middle.

It be fine if it was on a house or something a bit more sturdy :wink:

What I meant was that it would cave in because it was only supported by some rocks and a couple of poles, so it would probably cave in in the middle.

It be fine if it was on a house or something a bit more sturdy :wink:

Ah, I get it now :blush:

I still really like the construction and could find ways to defend it's use in this situation. My defense may not have completely valid points included, but I would defend it like a well paid lawyer!

It's actually supposed to be a tent, however I neglected to make it sagging in the middle, thanks for pointing that out. Also, thank you all for the compliments, and thank you MKJoshA for defending my case :classic: However I am broke, so paying you might be an issue. :grin: anyways, my phase 3 should be up by Sunday.

I would also like to claim UoP credits for the following subjects:

Landscape Design: Snow and Ice

General Building: Minifigure Posing

Military Science: Military Camp

sorry this wasn't in the actual post, I wasn't aware of the program at the time.

+1 on the credit claims, the posing is specially well done

Could you edit the first post as well to add the claims? I feel it would be easier for other Kaliphlinites to have them visible up there :)

Nice build! A bit less of a straight edge approach to the landscaping would add to the MOC though. I'll give you +1 on Military Camp and Minifigure posing, but for the reason mentioned above (straight edges) I don't think I can give you snow and ice.

What could I do on the next phase to rectify this situation?

Edited by Jakon

Great minifigure action, the training dummies are excellent, and I like the rockwork :thumbup: Your snow could use some work, try looking at other Mitgardian builds for inspiration on how to improve it.

Here are a few to start with:

11033111903_6a13ef1583_z.jpg

12293352103_c65769563b_z.jpg

12792196644_ef85531eca_z.jpg