Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2014 - Update

Hi everyone,

With the event getting closer, are you all getting exited?

There hasn't been a lot of communication by myself or Copmike about the event, but we have been working hard behind the scenes together with our contacts at LEGO. We have made a lot of progress and expect to finalize all the arrangements and planning in the coming weeks.

With such a large group as we have this year we'll be making a super detailed planning so you all know where to be when. With 20 to 30 people at an event we could still do some improvisation on the spot, but with 50+ that won't work well.

For those who already arrive on Wednesday we plan a group dinner at 19h (at Lalandia - this restaurant).

Go event :sweet:

Yes - behind the scenes planning engines running at full capacity :grin: ! The stuff is of course super secret but a visit to the park is planned, that much can be leaked alreday!

Thanks guys, we are in your hands. Looking forward to a great event that will undoubtedly finish all too quick.

Awesome!!!

I cannot wait, thank you guys already for working so hard to make this a great time for all of us. We owe you at least some drinks :)

Motion seconded! Two months til kick off.

Still waiting for Santa to arrive on his sleigh with some plane tickets...but the odds are getting slimmer each day.

Thanks guys for all the behind the scenes work!

I'm sooo super super excited. I already was on the first day when it was announced and it is getting worse day by day! :excited:

Excuse me but I just heard about this now. Where can I learn more info about what the event is, when it will take place and how I can participate?

To quote Emmet: "Everything is awesome!"

Just booked flights the other day, so looking forward to May!

Thanks, guys, for all the hard work!

Really looking forward to May too :wink: Only two months to go until THE BLAST of event :laugh: :laugh:

Really happy to see all known faces again and get to know new people, too of course :tongue:

Woo! Gotta get the plane tickets confirmed, my options are two-fold so I need to know if an early arrival would be appreciated on the Wednesday? I can leave from early hours of the morning from Cardiff and arrive at 11am or I can go from Bristol in the afternoon and arrive nearer to 6pm. If it is preferred that I go early to get everything at the site collected then i can leave from Cardiff.

Woo! Gotta get the plane tickets confirmed, my options are two-fold so I need to know if an early arrival would be appreciated on the Wednesday? I can leave from early hours of the morning from Cardiff and arrive at 11am or I can go from Bristol in the afternoon and arrive nearer to 6pm. If it is preferred that I go early to get everything at the site collected then i can leave from Cardiff.

For those who already arrive on Wednesday we plan a group dinner at 19h (at Lalandia - this restaurant).

Same as last time then yes?

I am just checking with everyone in general: Would me arriving in the AM on Wednesday be useful so I can collect keys and linens for the later (Wednesday) arrivals?

Nice to know! My plane will arrive 18:20 so I think I could come too. :moar:

That should work out ok as the airport is really small and close to the village where we stay :thumbup:

My plane should arrive at around 11PM on Wednesday at Billund Airport. So I'll miss the restaurant. :sad: Will somebody be able to pick me up?

We (Redhead1982 and me) are also arriving at 18:20. Good to know I don't have to eat a lot before leaving :grin: Looking forward to seeing you all!

Thanks for all the behind-the-scenes work! I'm looking forward to the event. Only 2 months to go. :grin:

My plane should arrive at around 11PM on Wednesday at Billund Airport. So I'll miss the restaurant. :sad: Will somebody be able to pick me up?

Calanon, I don't think you need a pick up from the Billund Airport. I haven't been there, but it's a very small airport, probably build just for the park and the company. According to google, it's a few minutes walk to the park.

I haven't been there, but it's a very small airport, probably build just for the park and the company. According to google, it's a few minutes walk to the park.

Indeed. The airport is so small that the 747 from DHL looks so out of place because its so big.

It would be like 15-20min by foot I guess. I have to talk with my mother first but I don't think that picking you up will be a big issue. After all we're not the only ones coming by car.

Lets setup up some kind of "Who is gonna arrive at what time"-topic so we can maybe schedule pick-ups and stuff?

Me, my mom and Miss Kyle and her other half will be arriving by car between 4-6pm Wednesday afternoon, depending on the traffic.

It's only 3 kilometers ;)

Few minutes walk = 39 minutes ;)

Edited by eiker86

It's not so much the distance, it's more that it'll be quite late that I'm worried about. :tongue: But we'll see.

We (Redhead1982 and me) are also arriving at 18:20. Good to know I don't have to eat a lot before leaving :grin: Looking forward to seeing you all!

Are you arriving by plane? If so I hope our planes won't crash into each other on the runway! Or are you flying from Frankfurt by chance?

Dfenz and I are arriving earlier in the afternoon and can collect the 18:20 arrivals and bring them to Lalandia/Chalets. If you want to be collected please PM either Dfenz or myself with flight and contact information. I reckon Dfenz won't be available for late night collections as some alcohol will have been consumed at that stage.

Are you arriving by plane? If so I hope our planes won't crash into each other on the runway! Or are you flying from Frankfurt by chance?

Yes, we change planes in Frankfurt, so we'll be on the same plane :)

Dfenz and I are arriving earlier in the afternoon and can collect the 18:20 arrivals and bring them to Lalandia/Chalets. If you want to be collected please PM either Dfenz or myself with flight and contact information. I reckon Dfenz won't be available for late night collections as some alcohol will have been consumed at that stage.

It seems that Billund is really small and I don't mind walking, but if that means we miss the dinner, I'd gladly be picked. We'll let you know and thanks for the offer.

Edited by MstrOfPppts