Hello !

I decided to do it on my own. I'm at the 2/3 of the build. I'm using LLD for now because I don't have that many part to work with "irl". I'm struggling at the cockpit part. I just notice the "center cockpit" ( I miss your post on this topic so I lost quite some time for nothing ).

I was wondering why they was a technic brick 1x4. So I used it to lock the cockpit with a technic bearing plate and 2 1x2 plate with knob to center it. But since I'm not really building it for now. I wonder if that's worth it. Or just puting the cockpit without any locking is enough ( to remove it easier and place minifig etc).

I wonder how do you feel about it ?

Thanks,

Ok thanks,

It provide better stability I guess. Using only one technic bearing plate make it shaky.

The other interesting thing about this Build. Because it's not really made to be build, they use very weird style. There is almost no brick. Everything is dislocated in plate or something. For example on the wing, you mostly use ROOF TILE 2x3 and 4x3 instead on only 1x3 (maybe it was because of your lack of part). It make the render really weird IRL. In CGI there is no problem since every piece can be perfect. So you don't have really a gab beetween each part and sometine a slightly different reflecion or coloration. So, it may be not worth following exactly the build. I'm impatient to start building it to see the difference with yours.

Btw, are you from France? I saw some So Ouest Lego Shop picture on your flickr.

This is Awesome! You really captured the look and feel of it from the movie.

This has been a great thread to follow. I'll be showing this to my son tomorrow, I just know his jaw is gonna drop!

This has been a great thread to follow. I'll be showing this to my son tomorrow, I just know his jaw is gonna drop!

Let me know what he said please :grin:

Pieces ordered ! It was a long hard work to do it only on LLD. But I did it ! It's like I know the builiding instruction in the movie game by heart. My brain could not handle it anymore.

Still can't believe this didn't get front paged. I mean this is way better than a couple that have been on there recently. Special Theme MODs be slackin' on the job. ;)

Maybe the batwing could be a set, (maybe a wave three)

There have been some rumors floating around that one of the next UCS sets will be Batman related. Most everyone thinks it will be the Tumbler, but there are a hand full of other lego bloggers saying it might just be the Batwing from TLM. And what if it also came with the parts to turn it into the Batmobile just like in the movie? A 2-in-1 UCS set! How sweet that would be!

For those of you that are interested, I've made a model of the Batwing myself in LDD. More info about my project and how to get the instructions can be found on my flickr account https://www.flickr.com/photos/125208843@N06/14359185664/.

The main difference from the one of Brickmasta is that I made it exactly as in the movie and videogame, even if this means it's not stable at all and some pieces are floating. Each piece (visible) is the same as in the movie.

Here is a picture of my model:

screen-capture-1.png

I hope this helps some of you that want to build it themselves. Please let me know if you find some details that I missed or that are different from the movie so that I can update my model.

I want to give credit to Brickmasta for the project he did, it helped me a lot to get the informations I needed to get started (some screenshots, the videogame footage, etc.). Thanks to him I knew this could be done. Thanks Stefan! :D

Cool! Nice job TheFangel! This may give me the confidence to try building one on my own now. Thanks for sharing this!

Merits recognition just for the effort! An awesome build nonetheless!! You can still display it on some event or through your local lug :)

I started the project on LEGO IDEAS and would appreciate any support :)

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/66197

Got cancelled - LEGO does not approve of reverse engineering "already existing" models :(

I'm at 99% of my construction. I'm mainly waiting from more Batman sticker from BATMAN 1 series. They are round shape but the yellow is very poor. Unlike the one brickmasta use. He has really good yellow but right-angled shape. So, he has a better result overall I think.

Here's a challenge for you both... Rebuild it into a batmobile! :devil:

Seriously thinking about it... but first need to rebuild it virtually for instructions :)

Awesome! Got my instructions already! Thanks Stefan! Unfortunately the firewall here at work is blocking the download. I will have to wait until I get home this evening.