The Northern Gate to Vanguard opens onto the wharf where a number of piers are available for the ferry service and for sale to the public. This section is the first of 3-4 sections I will be doing to complete the Northern Gate of Vanguard.

12960351393_61d481152c_c.jpg

12960353773_3894135e35_c.jpg

Wolfar waving to his brother on the shore as the Bern children run and play on the wharf.

12960357833_b222820148_c.jpg

Lucinda tending to her horse.

12960214795_293d916469_c.jpg

The rowers docking the ferry. Atlas stands by and has come to receive his next order of iron-works from the council.

12960648774_ba22997c3c_c.jpg

Dock detail

12960651864_08e6e2653e_c.jpg

The records hut where people list themselves to enter Vanguard. Dock spaces are also bought here. Thanks to soccerkid for the technique.

12960638694_bb0ba61a03_c.jpg

12960225405_45a23fd90c_c.jpg

Wall detail

12960369373_ff689e9192_c.jpg

Back view with guards.

Thanks for viewing! :classic:

wow, this is really great! Glad you were "forced" to put this build together, love very much. Of course, everything nautical always appeals to me ...

Nice build mate! I look forward to the other ones!

But shouldn't the house be behind the wall instead of in front of it? :tongue:

I like your build! Especially the shape of the gate and the wall. I think that using 1 x 1 round plates is the most beautiful way to make water. I would also like to use this technique in my future MOC's but I have no idea how many I should order. Do you have any idea how many you've used in your build? Thanks.

Everything here is awesome, but my favorite part is the arched tunnel through the wall. Beautiful!

wow, this is really great! Glad you were "forced" to put this build together, love very much. Of course, everything nautical always appeals to me ...

Thanks, I kinda already had ideas for it, and just never worked it out fully until I needed to make this. :classic:

Nice build mate! I look forward to the other ones!

But shouldn't the house be behind the wall instead of in front of it? :tongue:

Thank you! And I put the house on the front side so it would be more of a direct transition to sign in from disembarking the ferry. It also makes it that everyone who enters the walls are permitted to be there. :wink:

I like your build! Especially the shape of the gate and the wall. I think that using 1 x 1 round plates is the most beautiful way to make water. I would also like to use this technique in my future MOC's but I have no idea how many I should order. Do you have any idea how many you've used in your build? Thanks.

Thanks! I first saw this technique in Mark of Falworth's builds, but rather than divided the colors to make defined water textures, I like it all mixed together to give a choppy water feeling. I did a big bricklink buy recently to bulk up and this builds contains roughly 700 trans light blue and clear with a little over 800 trans blue. When I was experimenting with small numbers, I found that having more blue makes it look a bit better. :grin:

Thanks so much to the rest of you, it was truly a pleasure to build! :sweet:

Nice work! That log house is really good and so is the boat! Great job! :thumbup:

Very nice! I like your attention to details, like the different subterranean layers.

I would however had expected that the wall was built on the bedrock, and not with sand and dirt in between? :wink:

Good job with the photography as well!

Great moc Hammerbro!! A lot of beautiful details. I reall ylike the house there! well done mate

Great job on the walls, tree and house, HammerBro, however the dock is what really sets it out :thumbup::sweet:

As to the water, because it is a dock I think that it is fine that you mixed the colors, however if it was a beach or something more like that I would suggest separating them :wink:

Very nice! I like your attention to details, like the different subterranean layers.

I would however had expected that the wall was built on the bedrock, and not with sand and dirt in between? :wink:

Good job with the photography as well!

Thanks and I do agree with you about the bedrock. It was my first time doing layered ground work and I guess I missed that before. :grin:

Thanks to Gunman, Garmadon, and Kai!

I love this build, excellent work! The scene really comes together, and I totally thought of your build when I watched History channel's Vikings yesterday.

I love the water technique too, I just wish it didn't require so many. If you get lucky to get them on PAB its great, but if not, they can be expensive on bricklink.

I love this build, excellent work! The scene really comes together, and I totally thought of your build when I watched History channel's Vikings yesterday.

I love the water technique too, I just wish it didn't require so many. If you get lucky to get them on PAB its great, but if not, they can be expensive on bricklink.

Thanks! And I know what you mean about the water. Sometimes, quality requires mass numbers. :tongue:

Thank you Architect! :classic:

Excellent build all around HB! I really like the dock and the wall - the technique for the house is really nice, and I think it fits well outside the wall. Showing the interior of the wall is a really great idea, and I like your technique, and I also like the entrance through the wall. Beautiful build!

Excellent build, the wall looks very good and I like that gateway shape :thumbup: The dock and ship also work well. I'm glad to have inspired you to try a log cabin, it came out nicely. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that there is no apparent path from the dock to the gate :look:

Great work HB!! I really like the feeling you got here. Feels like a scene from GoT! Love that wall!

Edited by de Gothia

Excellent build all around HB! I really like the dock and the wall - the technique for the house is really nice, and I think it fits well outside the wall. Showing the interior of the wall is a really great idea, and I like your technique, and I also like the entrance through the wall. Beautiful build!

Thanks, I think I'm going to use this wall technique for many of the stone walls for my HSS builds. :classic:

Excellent build, the wall looks very good and I like that gateway shape :thumbup:The dock and ship also work well. I'm glad to have inspired you to try a log cabin, it came out nicely. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that there is no apparent path from the dock to the gate :look:

Thank you! And I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a path or otherwise show overall trodden ground where other people would be going to their private ships. The second to last picture shows all the ground depressions the best.

Great work HB!! I really like the feeling you got here. Feels like a scene from GoT! Love that wall!

Thanks!

An excellent build man! Well done! :)

I'll have to "borrow" that log cabin technique sometime.

Keep up the great work! :D

~RBC

Thanks! Soccerkid came up with the log cabin technique, you should be able to find some pics on his flickr. :wink: