Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Fabulous 1950's British Automobiles

Here we have a little of everything from across the pond (otherwise known as the Atlantic Ocean), from a 1952 Vanguard, to a 1957 Routemaster, to a 1959 Anglia.

NOTE: Most of these are rebuiilds of official models and custom Scotnick designs. All are 100% buildable in real life.

The complete LDD file is included at the bottom of the post!

12752652644_15ac4746fb_z.jpg

Main picture

12121990615_0a3cb8803c_z.jpg

This Routemaster was built in 1957 by Associated Equipment Company (AEC) for Ironwood Transport Corporation.

(Modified from Scotnick's original tan-and-red design to have better structural integrity while removing any non-existent parts.)

Scotnick's original Bus: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94645638@N07/8732763368/in/photostream/

12122271573_67acb04990_z.jpg

Constructed in 1950 for Strawberry Fields Hospital.

(I included this almost stock 2012 "Arkham Asylum" ambulance because it looks British and seems 1950's-ish. I modified the cab & cleaned up the color scheme... other than that it's a original LEGO design.)

12122642816_0be633ca55_z.jpg

Built by Ford as a Anglia 105E in 1959.

(This one car was originally built from the 2002 "Escape from Privet Drive" set. I stretched the car, removed the doors (but kept the opening trunk), & made the front SNOT section gap free. The car is now almost 100% black, and features an light bluish gray under-carriage, but can be built in medium blue with a few quick mods.

12122642706_49dd7e22ba_z.jpg

Built in 1955, this is possibly a Cold War era model Army truck.

(Constructed from the 2007 "Hobby Trains" set but in dark bluish gray and featuring an enclosed cabin, plus all new larger wheels. I don't have a clue what make / model it's based off of, but it reminds me of a truck I've seen in some old WWII documentaries / films. As such, I consider it a WWII model updated to the 1950's Civilian / Cold War use.)

12122642396_f176e41e7e_z.jpg

This Morris Postal Van was built in 1958.

(Modified from Scottnick's Red Postal Van, this yellow van features a brighter paint scheme and a sign on the side signifying it's job as a letter carrier. I have also redone the interior.)

Scotnick's original mail truck: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94645638@N07/11108302765/

12122271053_d2558a9c90_z.jpg

This Milk Delivery Lorry was built by an unknown maker in 1956.

(Another Scottnick design, this time of a Milk Delivery truck. Features a medium blue and white color scheme with trans-medium blue windows. The new train window makes a prominent appearance as the front windscreen.)

Scotnick's original: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94645638@N07/11108366656/in/photostream/

12974678803_3b1d0b2347_z.jpg

This Standard Motor Company Vanguard was made in 1952.

(This car is based on the shattered remains of the Palace Cinema limo. I never could figure out what it was until I saw a picture of a Vanguard here: http://www.flickr.co...s-55973205@N08/

LDD file for all vehicles seen here: http://www.mocpages....1393265885m.lxf

Thoughts, Comments, Questions are welcome!

EDIT: Added Links to the original builder's photos.

Edited by Murdoch17

Thanks for the LDD on these. The routemaster and vanguard look great!

Great designs!

I really like the Ambulance. I realize you said it came from Arkham set, but I wanted an older type vehicle for my Modular town since it is based in an older era. I plan on doing an older style Hospital.

The vanguard is really neat too. I had no idea what type of car that was originally supposed to be either.

Could you please provide links to the original creations (especially to ScotNick's MOCs) so that we can compare and better evaluate your part? That would be very kind of you. Plus it's nice for the creator to get a backlink as a reference.

As of now, there are links to all of the original Scotnick builds underneath the my modified versions.

Enjoy!

Edited by Murdoch17

As of now, there are links to all of the original Scotnick builds underneath the my modified versions.

Thank you very much, this helps a lot!

Now, when somebody downloads this whole bunch of vehicles from the provided link on MOCpages - how does he actually know who's the original designer of what? I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be better to separate the several models in order to keep things clear.

The following is just a suggestion, it's the way I handle such things: If somebody has rebuilt one of my models in LDD and asks me if I agree to upload the file (which is kind because he could even do it without asking me), I usually agree by telling him that I'd like to have the file named in a special way. An LDD file of the Corvette as an example can be downloaded under the file name "corvette_design_by_er0l_ldd_by_albert_kleinstein.lxf". Thus everybody who downloads the file knows who has designed the model plus who has made the LDD file.

Of course on MOCpages this isn't possible since MOCpages renames LDD files. The file name only contains your MOCpages ID so that after downloading the user might have difficulties to assign the models to their original creator - e. g. when he wants to use them within a town layout. But there are other download sites on the internet where this is no problem.