Sign in to follow this  
The Kumquat Alchemist

When you give a Lich a Mech: Chivalrous Bones

--------------------Chivalrous Bones------------------

img_1472.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

"This Lich didn’t want to be known as the most bloodthirsty and insane mecha pilot in his home quadrant; all he wanted was a peaceful eternity on his favorite hand-picked solar system, spending his years in the company of fellow Liches and terrified subject colonists. Unfortunately, little things such as “pirates”, “Galactic Command”, and “sentient being rights groups” continued to harass his home system, and thus Chivalrous Bones was born, a mech held together with black magic, tentacles, and blood, to fight these attackers."

This here is my first (second? This is an improvement on an old model) attempt at a half-decent MOC in quite a few years. Compared to the stuff you experienced builders have put together, this pales in comparison, but hopefully I'll get some decent feedback and criticism that will make Mark 3 of this MOC even better. (Or more tolerable, depending on how you look at it) Mark 1 was posted on BZPower, and thankfully didn't get too much attention since it's even worse than this iteration.

Because I collected far too much BIONICLE when younger, I have quite the collection of silver armours, weapons, and Kanohi. Unfortunately, many of my BIONICLE socket joints have snapped into pieces, meaning that my ratio of silver pieces to limbs on which to put those silver pieces is very, very high, so I thought I'd try making a MOC with a System frame and BIONICLE armor. I still have a medium-sized tub's worth of nothing but silver BIONICLE pieces to show for this effort.

Other pictures:

Axe Readied

Grasping

Back

Perhaps this should be in fantasy/historical themes. I have no idea, Sci-Fi seemed the best place.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

This thing is cool looking, especially the top part where the head (face?) is. I have never had a Bionicle, so all the more interesting to me. :sweet:

This thing is cool looking, especially the top part where the head (face?) is. I have never had a Bionicle, so all the more interesting to me. :sweet:

Thanks!

As to your confusion over the head/face, I suppose I should have mentioned that the head on top is the face of the minifigure piloting it; The chest is built on this component, allowing me to hide a minifigure behind the arch created. I neglected to take pictures of this because there is no proper way to "open" the chest and take the pilot out; minor disassembly is required.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist