Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

SoNE Contest Episode IV: Secrets of the Empire

shadowsofeurobricks_titlecard.png

sone_crawl_ep4.png

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

10159452633_a9e74d337c_o.png

av-erdbeereis.png

“we received a transmission coming from Sollust, it requested reinforcements, it seems that the rebellion is trying to release the political prisoners”

photo-thumb-11254.png?_r=1373570178

“send all available troops near the system to the imperial garrison; those prisoners must not live the planet alive!”

av-erdbeereis.png

“I will inform the men...”

9443651091_7000fdbb37_o.png

av-rebelofficer.png

“the assault on Sullust has started, our troops have managed to successfully infiltrate the base and disable their defenses, and it won’t take long before the prisoners are liberated”

av-stash2sixx.png

“if they have been detected, it won’t take long before the empire starts sending reinforcements, if we want to save those prisoners we will need to buy our troops some time”

av-rebelofficer.png

“I will get all the help available near the system”

Meanwhile, the rebel forces have been split and scattered across the fortification and both factions struggle to survive by any means necessary”.

img_2483.jpg

av-rebeltrooper_yellow.png

“if we don’t hurry up this place will be crowded with storm troopers, this may be the last chance for these guys; whatever they know could change the course of the war”

Battling Through Sullust:

There are 5 positions within the facility, in which both factions will be shown fighting and trying to save the prisoners or stop them from escaping; entries MUST feature elements that represent the specific locations (antennas on the communications room or holding cells on the detention blocks or so), at the end of the episode; the number of entries of each faction in a specific place will count as 1 point on that location (not depending on the size of it),with the exeption of the best scored entry in the place which will receive 4 points. The leading faction at a location will gain control of it. the winning faction is the faction that control the most locations (3 out of 5).

• Sector A: Main door / guard towers / perimetral walls
  • Sector B: Detention blocks
  • Sector C: Communications station
  • Sector D: The docking bay / hangar bay
  • Sector E: Main command post / wepons storage

You can build any size you want but remember that if your entry has to stand against a small and skilled creation your effort will end counting only for one point in the location, build your best on the scale you feel more comfortable, XP points will be earned independently from the points you score for your faction (you can score 1 point for your team and still earn 9 XP at the end of the chapter).

The Prizes:

• Your faction will receive points.
  • Winner amount of XP points for the winner of each location (XP up to 10 X 2).
  • This Sullustian head tag gallery_11254_206_3901.png
  • The pride for fighting for your faction

The Rules:

• All rules in the Core Rules topic apply.
  • The Empire's goal is to stop the prisoners from escaping and take down as many enemies in the process and theAlliance's goal is to escape with the prisoners and eliminate any resistance they find.
  • Remember to make your entry appropriate to your rank and goal. From the Core Rules:
  • Your build will be scored by the judges that will award a score from 1-10, with a '1' being "Minifig on a Plate", a '5' being "Your Average MOC" and a '10' being "Flawless Concept and Execution" this will aply only for the XP your character will receive and will not afect the score of the game which will only benefit the faction and wont depend of the size of the creation (a small or medium size build can earn 10 XP while still count in the game for 1 point for its faction due to the harsh competition).
  • Only the best creation of each place will receive additional XP points (the ones he scored from the judging plus the ones that he earned from the battle)
  • The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.
  • The Episode will run from 4 March to 17 April 2014. As long as it's still 17 April somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive XP.
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.
  • One entry per member.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts. If LDD is used, a link to the LXF file should be either mentionned in the entry or PMed to the episode host.
  • You are allowed to use one customized/modified minifigure, your Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka sig-fig. Everything else must be purist.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Watto's Junkyard subforum, the title prefixed by, "[soNE Ep. 4]" and specifying which sector it belongs. (For example, [soNE Ep. 4] Sector A "overwhelming odds".)
  • Post pictures no larger than 1000x720, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

Interesting challenge...we'll really have to work as a team on this episode. The Alliance shall prevail FAIL!

The Empire's got a lot of new sign-ups, so I think we've got a chance this time! :devil:

(Hopefully I can convince a certain member to take up arms for this episode... *crosses fingers*) :wink:

Edited by Lego Spy

Very interesting challenge indeed, but it seems there are many things demanding my attention these days... Luckily, I'm in love with SoNE.

In the prizes, it is stated that your faction will receive points. These points, are they only valid during this episode, or is this a more overarcing thing, in which the points over multiple episodes accumulate for each faction?

Very interesting challenge indeed, but it seems there are many things demanding my attention these days... Luckily, I'm in love with SoNE.

In the prizes, it is stated that your faction will receive points. These points, are they only valid during this episode, or is this a more overarcing thing, in which the points over multiple episodes accumulate for each faction?

Let's say it will be a bonus for the next episode.

One question, Can you do a large build combining two Sectors, or can you only get score for one sector?

One question, Can you do a large build combining two Sectors, or can you only get score for one sector?

Only one at the time, that's why you specify the sector.

This looks like a fun challenge! :grin:

It will be, especially if you join the action, head to the Avenger for further briefing (and keep a close eye on the enemies comms :wink: )

Edited by Nom Carver

(and keep a close eye on the enemies comms :wink: )

Hmm... I think this challenge highlights the need for password protected forums for each faction...

can anyone share what Sullust looks like, because there don't seem to be much reference in wookiepedia.

can anyone share what Sullust looks like, because there don't seem to be much reference in wookiepedia.

I 'll put it in a hazardous planet way, active volcanoes, lava, rocks.

A bit like Mustafar, but less deadly I suppose.

Thank you Nom Carver, cool episode and this winning sector gives the solution to the previous scoring matters. :sweet:

You can find out more about Sullust here.

I 'll put it in a hazardous planet way, active volcanoes, lava, rocks.

A bit like Mustafar, but less deadly I suppose.

Thank you Nom Carver, cool episode and this winning sector gives the solution to the previous scoring matters. :sweet:

Thanks to you all for participating! and regarding to the planet looks, Ninja Nin is right, rocky, volcanic, underground, remember you are in a base/bunker so you can either use some pretty common imperial like building for interiors (angled grey walls as Endor bunker)

I'll take on the Hanger bay, this will be fun :classic:

You probably shouldn't be discussing that here, though I have nothing against it. :wink:

You probably shouldn't be discussing that here, though I have nothing against it. :wink:

how do you know I'm not trying to throw you off?

how do you know I'm not trying to throw you off?

Because if you had been you wouldn't have responded. :grin:

(Although... You Rebels can't be trusted. :wink:)

Edited by Lego Spy

Because if you had been you wouldn't have responded. :grin:

(Although... You Rebels can't be trusted. :wink:)

that's what we want you to think :classic:

Ah now time to decide just how big I should go. I have Star Wars Days on April 12 & 13@ the LDC so time to get building. :)

One questions for the organisers:

I see the deadline is right at the start of the easter holidays (at least up here). Would it be possible to extend the deadline a few days, for example to the 20th (unless you've already planned to use that time for judging entries that is...)?

I personaly would prefer to keep the dead line as what it is to avoid strategical advantage to be gained after it (it could be missunderstood as being because of the simpathy of one of us towards an specific faction), but we will see what does the rest of the team think about it, is there any specific/special reason other than easter? I had no idea, when is it?

No other reason than the holidays being a perfect time to build. :laugh:

In Norway the easter holiday starts on the thursday the 17th, and ends on monday 21st. Not sure if those days are national holidays in other countries though.

No other reason than the holidays being a perfect time to build. :laugh:

In Norway the easter holiday starts on the thursday the 17th, and ends on monday 21st. Not sure if those days are national holidays in other countries though.

A perfect building time it is, If I knew it before I would set the dead line a little later, however some times holydays happen to be more busy days than regular days (family events and vacations trips).