Blakstone

Middle-Earth Madness - Minas Morgul vs Ruins of Osgiliath [Week 11]

This is eleventh week of Middle-Earth Madness. Minas Morgul strengthens it's reign, but will it last?

If you had to pick only one Dream set, which would it be?

Minas Morgul

OR

Ruins of Osgiliath

Just like last week, these are dream sets so there is no hard or fast rule on what has to be included in either. Imagine you had a chance to greenlight just one LEGO Lord of the Rings set based on a simple description. Which one would you want?

Summary from previous weeks:

Week 10 - Minas Morgul defeats Fangorn Forest 29 to 1

Week 9 - Minas Morgul smashes the Gray Havens 30 to 5

Week 8 - Minas Morgul routes the Modor Battle Pack 25 to 16

Week 7 - Modor Battle Pack defeats Amon Hen 27 to 7

Week 6 - Modor Battle Pack defeats Lothlórien 24 to 14

Week 5 - Lothlórien defeats Prancing Pony 23 to 13

Week 4 - Lothlórien crashes Mount Doom 35 to 5

Week 3 - Mount Doom defeats the Rohan Battle Pack 14 to 11

Week 2 - Rohan Battle Pack defeats the Watcher in the Water 14 to 7

Week 1 - Rohan Battle Pack defeats The Green Dragon 23 to 4.

Have a Dream Set to nominate? Do so in this thread. I still have a bunch of sets to go.

[Moderators, can you convert this thread into a poll please?]

My vote would be for a Minas Morgul set since we've already seen some great looking renditions - and it has a unique castle style. IMHO it's very hard to render ruins in Lego without it ending up looking like a half finished pile of bricks.

PS. I'm always disappointed when I click a thread expecting to see some cool mocs of Minas Morgul and or the Ruins of Osgiliath and instead find another poll about which 'dream set' people would like TLG to produce. This seems to miss the point of Lego which is to build your own 'Dream Set'. Pretty sure Lego have already released all the parts necessary to build an excellent Minas Morgul or Osgilliath MOC. Get building people!

I'd have to go with Osgiliath on this one, because we need some Gondor! Plus there are specific structures from the literature that could be built, and a "ruins" set could double as a normal, cityscape with a little modification..

Osgiliath for me. More scope for things that are missing from the LOTR range.

this is a really hard one, the amazing minas morgul with hopefully morgul orcs, or osgiliath which could include gondorian soldiers and maybe even boromir in his gondor uniform, so i guess i will vote osgiliath

Osgiliath for me as well. While the structure might not be as unique or translate as well to a set, the minifigure possibilities would make up for it ten fold. Pretty much every unique minifigure in a Minas Morgul set could be included in Osgiliath, and then some. The Witch King, Gothmog, Faramir, Gondor Soldiers, Ithilien Rangers, new Morannon Orcs, etc. Plus they could do Osgiliath several ways and it could be fantastic any of them. A $30 army builder, a smaller $50-60 set or a big $80-100+ set,.

Definitely Osgiliath. It would for sure have Gondor soldiers, and it could also come Gothmog, and some new Morgul/Morannon orcs. It could also have the witch king possibly included, or at least a Nazgul on a fell beast.

Also Osgiliath for me, especially for the Gondorian soldiers, it can even have an Ithilien Ranger, Morgul orcs and maybe even the Witch-King (or the Nazgul chasing Frodo) on Fellbeast. And I also like ruins :P

Hard to compare these two sets.

Minas Morgul should be a huge castle plus Witchking on fellbeast.

Osgiliath should be a collection of minifigs we still miss, the Witchking on fellbeast plus some ruins.

So... Osgiliath.

Hard to compare these two sets.

Minas Morgul should be a huge castle plus Witchking on fellbeast.

Osgiliath should be a collection of minifigs we still miss, the Witchking on fellbeast plus some ruins.

So... Osgiliath.

I really could not have expressed this better.

Osgiliath

Minas Morgul, since the architecture of Mians Morgul is be more interesting then the ruins of Osgiliath