Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Angel

Book II - Challenge II - Avalonian Civil War - Prologue - Chapter 2

So what is actually going on? I've been here since the beginning of book 1 but nothing makes sense anymore. What is challenge 2? The topic says challenge 2, yet I don't see it?

Well when will Challenge 2 actually begin, and how do the challenges "work"?

~RBC

I don't know when it will start, I'm assuming soon, but I do know how they work. There will be two teams, on side the rebels, the other, the loyal Avalonians. If you're an Avalonian you get to pick which side you want, if you're in the other three guilds you are assigned a side. There are three categories, with different size limits. You build for one (or all) and then they are scored/voted on. (that's the part I'm not sure about) Then whichever side wins the most categories wins the war. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know when it will start, I'm assuming soon, but I do know how they work. There will be two teams, on side the rebels, the other, the loyal Avalonians. If you're an Avalonian you get to pick which side you want, if you're in the other three guilds you are assigned a side. There are three categories, with different size limits. You build for one (or all) and then they are scored/voted on. (that's the part I'm not sure about) Then whichever side wins the most categories wins the war. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Before I start, let me say that this it what I believe to be accurate. :blush:

That's mostly correct, however the winning side wins only that part of the war. Rogue may be posing one more mini-challenge, seeing as there's still a spot reserved in the first posts of this thread. I'm supposing Challenge II will have its own thread to help with Q&A organization. To help answering Capt. BB, the storyline goes like this...

A group of rebels organized itself into Black Spire and began a Civil War in Nocturnus. The Nocturnians took up arms in against them which was the plot for Challenge I. Black Spire won and is now sending Drow troops to invade Avalonia. Lord Varis (rogue) has appointed DeGothia and Simon to the position of Grand Lord and tasked them with leadership of Avalonia. (Simon gets the Isles and Enchanted Forest while DeGothia gets the mainland.) Now, Challenge II will be the fight between Avalonia and the invading Drow and Challenge III will move on to the Civli War in another guild.

Hope this clears things up. :classic:

Edited by HammerBro33

I should have been more specific. Can someone give me a quick summary of what is actually happening/happened in the world of Historica? I assumed the challenge layout would be the same. Sorry, I've been much too busy to follow the forum like I used to. I would really like the category C picture limit removed so it's actually worth taking the time to build and post an entry. I skipped the first challenge due to the four picture limit.

I agree with CBB, an "unlimited" story category (like category C in B2C1) would be best without a limit on the number of pictures in the post. If someone wants to post an illustrated novel wouldn't that be great? :wink:

I will indeed be posting one more chapter prior to the actual Challenge. I was planning to post yesterday, but I have been under the weather since the weekend. The format for this Challenge will be similar to Challenge I, but there will be at least 1 category where there is no picture limitation (as I like to post many pictures for my builds as well). The goal was to have this Challenge start on April 1st, and it should be up in early April, so not too far off. Since this will not be a Civil War in the sense that Challenge I was, I wanted to post some pre-chapters to provide the backstory for the Challenge, and that has delayed the actual Challenge start by a few days.

Cornovaria is not the luckiest of places, is it. First their leader passes by the blade, and now plague?

No one eat any corn, they may be infected...

Who is this traitor among the filthy Black Spire? I have my assumptions, but when all is revealed... he shall perish!

As a participant in the fictitious storyline of GoH, a plague is a great plot-twist! As an Avalonian Lord, you gotta be kidding me! Looking forward to the Challenge. :classic:

This is developing in an interesting fashion. Though I wonder how drow will instigate a civil war in Avalonia. To me, it seems most Avalonians are united in their struggle against the drow incursion.

Yes that is what I am wondering, too. I mean my earldom is rushed by the drow and now the fight will start, meaning that no drow will receive mercy.

This is developing in an interesting fashion. Though I wonder how drow will instigate a civil war in Avalonia. To me, it seems most Avalonians are united in their struggle against the drow incursion.

That seems to be the case, unless the most recent chapter is meant to insinuate that either Simon or de Gothia is dealing with the Drow and the guild will divide between them with each faction suspecting the other of betrayal.

Oh my! It seems like the town of The Trifork is under Drow control?!? My lands?! Under enemy control!?

I wonder if further intelligence will show an occupied town, or a besieged, fortified town... ;)

@Gilbert Despathens

I daresay your conjecture is right (my post prior to this was submitted before the induction of the latest chapter)

Just returning back to GoH, and found Avalonia is on the verge of chaos.

My lands raided by Drow and now plague... :hmpf_bad:

I need to hug a tree. :cry_sad: