Disco86

Blacktron - B72 Hangar

Some days ago I was talking with a friend about making a collaborative work on one of our prefered themes: Blacktron. We made a smaller project some month ago (Pictures from Markus and me ). But this time we wanted to go larger. Markus first built his B 73 Armory and I was interpretating it in my own style to create my own model:

Blacktron - B72 Hangar

At sector B 72 in the great Blacktron base you will find a hangar for spaceships. Nearby in B 73 is the armory located

12876692893_805bea97a2_b.jpg

12876691673_a25171ea49.jpg 12877019984_dae895c6e3.jpg

12876601165_3675fd8d26.jpg 12876693533_e38eb98773.jpg

12860291353_566c5c1ee9.jpg 12836545624_970862029c.jpg

I hope you like that new interpretation of that classic theme !

Greets

Disco

Edited by Disco86

Wow, one of my favorite themes wonderfully updated! I love the sleekness of the ship, the control room in the hangar and the rovers, as they are the type of thing that came in many older space sets. One problem though: Where are the classic smiley faces?!

This is really cool! Fleshie heads totally work as do the middle earth Orc heads as aliens. The details in the walls and floor are very nice, but it's how the color scheme is incorporated that's really spectacular. Great work!

I like how you did the colorscheme throughout the MOC. The detailing on the walls and the control room are the best I have seen in a while. Your little vehicles are very well thought out, too. It appears that you guys have given a proper salute to one of the best themes ever in LEGO Space.

Thanks a lot to all of you for your kind words !

Where are the classic smiley faces?!

As we can see at your avatar you really like these classic faces. In my opinion everything has to be flesh. I like that "realistic" look, but people may do as they prefer.

Loving the 'new meets old' vibe here.

I always imagined Blacktron II was decimated, and utterly crushed. What was left allied with mafia and other types. The ones who used to be Blacktron's informants were now running the show.

After a slow recovery, R&D was finally budgeted for new spacecraft, and they're working to become a legitimate business front for a fractured criminal empire.

Awesome hangar and the vehicles/ship.

I like how you put ''alien'' faces, nut just human ones. Great job!

Thanks for your comments ! I really appreciate that.

Amazing job! This looks like it came right of the "Lego Space" book that recently came out.

I bought that book last year and it was a big inspiration for that build. In my opinion you can see the best space builds ever in this book.