After spending almost a month to order the parts from bricklink and disassemble some of my technic sets, I finally managed to gather all the necessary parts and finished building this incredible Wing Body truck by madoca last night. I did build some other madoca's MOC (mini car, AWD SUV, SUV MK2 and buggy) before those are already very good and high quality. I am very impressed with his building skill, everything are perfectly mounted and balanced. but this truck bring me to another level, it goes even further than what I expected, its truly amazing and I think its one of the best technic MOC ever existed.

So the build took me about 2 days (roughly 10 hrs a day), it was a fun build but with over 4000 parts, the hardest thing is to find the right part from the massive amount of parts. The massive pile of parts covered my entire dining table so it takes time to find. This truck is very huge and by far its the biggest technic car that I have ever owned. You can put two cars inside the cargo area. I will show u guys the pic of this beast compared to other great MOCs and some official technic set down in the bottom.

This truck has 9 motors, 1 servo for the steering, 2 XL for driving, 2 L for opening two sides of wings, 2 M for opening the tail gate in the rear, 1 M for tilting the cabin and 1 M for switching the LED lights. they are nicely mounted together in the middle bottom of the truck, even the wiring are carefully routed using a lot of 2 x 2 plate with pin holes.

For the instruction, some people may prefer a LDD version, but I think madoca did a very good job making the photo instructions. Its very easy to understand and I am sure he put a lot of efforts making the photo instructions with over 300 pages. I really appreciate his hard work, and thank you very much madoca.

So here is the final completed model

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

e4.jpg

e5.jpg

e6.jpg

e7.jpg

e8.jpg

e9.jpg

e10.jpg

e11.jpg

e12.jpg

e13.jpg

e14.jpg

e15.jpg

e16.jpg

e17.jpg

e18.jpg

e19.jpg

e20.jpg

e21.jpg

e22.jpg

e23.jpg

Wing Body Truck vs Sheepo Ford Mustang & Land Rover Defender

e24.jpg

Wing body Truck and other madoca's MOCs

e25.jpg

Wing Body Truck vs 8258 vs 8285 vs 42009

e26.jpg

Edited by terenshi

WOW is this ever cool! Awesome! :wink::thumbup: You have so much technic!

Happy building!

NXT45

For the instruction, some people may prefer a LDD version, but I think madoca did a very good job making the photo instructions. Its very easy to understand and I am sure he put a lot of efforts making the photo instructions with over 300 pages. I really appreciate his hard work, and thank you very much madoca.

Hi terenshi,

Thanks for the beautiful pictures, you made a good job in building and taking photos.

Yes, some people want to have real instructions with LDD, LDRAW whatever. But Madoca has made a VERY good job for logical an wellorganized photo instructions. I'm still working on LDRAW instructions for it, because I think, the Truck is one of the best MOC's I 've ever seen, that's simply worth to have real building instructions. So I started the big job, but I'll not have the courage/patience to do it without Madoca's photo instructions and blakbirds' CAD file. The Container I'll upload an update, the chassis I've just finished, and I've ordered the parts to build it, that I can control the instructions. The cabin I'll start soon, and there is still a lot of work to do for corrections and other details. It will be a three-part instructions, Chassis, container and cabin will have their own part lists.

And I'll see if I 'll include one of your photos in the instructions :classic:

Greetings

Alex

This truck goes to show just how well white works in Technic models. Guess I know what to use in my next build!

Hi terenshi,

Thanks for the beautiful pictures, you made a good job in building and taking photos.

Yes, some people want to have real instructions with LDD, LDRAW whatever. But Madoca has made a VERY good job for logical an wellorganized photo instructions. I'm still working on LDRAW instructions for it, because I think, the Truck is one of the best MOC's I 've ever seen, that's simply worth to have real building instructions. So I started the big job, but I'll not have the courage/patience to do it without Madoca's photo instructions and blakbirds' CAD file. The Container I'll upload an update, the chassis I've just finished, and I've ordered the parts to build it, that I can control the instructions. The cabin I'll start soon, and there is still a lot of work to do for corrections and other details. It will be a three-part instructions, Chassis, container and cabin will have their own part lists.

And I'll see if I 'll include one of your photos in the instructions :classic:

Greetings

Alex

Hi afol1969

I do think that this MOC deserves to have a real instructions.

Please keep us updated about your instructions. I would love to have one too and feel free to use my picture in your instructions. that would be my pleasure.

Fisrt off, thanks for the great pics...they really show this awesome MOC really well.....the size of the cargo area is massive with the kombi and yet room for another vehicle and then some! Next...well we know where a huge amount of technic is stashed in your collection!! Can we see more of your collection please?? Once again great builg, great photos and great collection, cheers Pete.

Brilliant pictures and a very nice write up. Makes me want to build this even more. Would like to see more of your collection and damn you have a lot of parts!

Immaculate design and a great build...very clean and balanced.

Good job with the photos as well.

This is one of the most advanced and geniously designed MOCs I`ve ever seen! Same level with Designer Han e.g.

Hello Madoca,

I am extremely impressed with your creation.

Are you able to provide instruction just you suggested? Is it ready??

Do you need any help? I'd like to work with you on any future projects too. :)

Kindly advise, thank you.

For now, I think I can provide(make) only the instructions of my own designed models built by me. I can make instructions of them because I know the location of all the pieces in the model.

Besides, I do not have much time. I can barely build and share one MOC per two months. :rofl: Making instructions takes more time. :roflmao:

Hello Madoca,

I am extremely impressed with your creation.

Are you able to provide instruction just you suggested? Is it ready??

Hi tedson99,

Some time ago I made the instructions for the Wing Truck. See here:

http://www.bricksafe.com/files/afol1969/Instructions/Wing%20Body%20Truck.pdf

Another instructions for several creations you find in this thread:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92669

Greetings

Alex

Briefly reviewed the creations and instructions and it is absolutely excellent work. I am interested to create instructions for my future creations too. Is that all done via Lego digital designer?

I never done it before but really would like to contribute to my own creations and share. Please advise and we will all continue and have fun here.

Briefly reviewed the creations and instructions and it is absolutely excellent work. I am interested to create instructions for my future creations too. Is that all done via Lego digital designer?

I never done it before but really would like to contribute to my own creations and share. Please advise and we will all continue and have fun here.

Instructions are made using LDraw. the model can be made in a variety or programs, such as MLcad, SR3D Builder, LDCad, BrickSmith etc. The instructions are then created in LPub.

Don't underestimate it though, it's quite a lot of work. Not difficult as soon as you know what to do, but it's just a lot of work :wink:

But, let's stay on topic here. If you have any more questions about LDD, LDraw or anything related to the digital side of Lego, you can ask them here :wink:

Much appreciated LDD REGULATOR...

I have much to learn...it looks complicated but I will have to find time to try it out.

Lots of materials to cover to learn the trade, that's for sure! :) :wink:

Has anyone tried a Tractor+Trailer version of this truck (so-called 18-wheeler) ?

Has anyone tried a Tractor+Trailer version of this truck (so-called 18-wheeler) ?

I came to the same thought recently, though planing to build the tractor only.

Maybe next year, I hope, have enough parts but too little time, too much to build ...

If you want to build a tractor-trailer, I don't think this would be the truck to start with. It has a long frame chassis and much of the mechanisms are for the wings and lift gate, none of which you would need. You'd end up making a totally different truck.