Jullian_pdx

Thinking about purchasing a large lot of Technic elements

I have an opportunity to purchase a very large lot of newer technic elements for a little over $900US. I estimate that there are over 7500 pieces including;

At least 4 newer top tier kits

12+ IR Receivers

6+ IR Remotes

7+ XL motors

8+ large motors

16+ medium motors

10+ PF lights

4+ large pneumatic cylinders and other associated components such as pumps, switches, hoses

Large Metal Hook

And a lot of other very valuable components.

I know that this purchase will give me enough elements to start building just about anything outside of purchasing a few pieces here on there off of Bricklink. I know that it's a little expensive but will end of saving me money in the long run from having to purchases a lot of parts off of BrickLink. Should I go for it?

Edited by Jullian_pdx

Go for it.

Mine last Moc haved 38000 pieces.

You have never enough bricks :wink:

Edited by VFracingteam

Lego technic is more than just motors,where are your liftarms,pins,connecters..etc?

Surely it would make better sense to buy parts as you need them and not in one big lot?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Alasdair Ryan,

When you read his post it's said just over 7500 parts and that are not all motors and receivers :wink: .

Edited by VFracingteam

@Blakbird - I would be happy to pass on the info if I decide not to purchase the lot.

@Alasdair - Like I mentioned above the lot is over 7500 elements, including a very large amount of liftarms, pins, connectors, new style gears, etc.

Still I personally I would not spend all that money on that much power function parts until I know for sure I needed them.

If I was to spend that much money in one go I would buy sets and PF stuff from the lego store. You could buy the crawler, the new crane etc etc and pick up some motors, remotes and battery packs. But if your source is a genuine one and you want the bits then go for it.

H

It's a quick way to get a lot of parts without having to go through multiple sources and shipping charges and time. I guess the question, is there enough colors for what you plan to build?

@ Alasdair - The next MOC that I am planning on building is the Jurgen's PF Backhoe loader v2. This will consume quite a few PF elements.

@ Alasdair - The next MOC that I am planning on building is the Jurgen's PF Backhoe loader v2. This will consume quite a few PF elements.

I have that moc built...very nice model.

@ Horace T - The lot does come with a built 42009 ultimate (I already have the parts to build a 42009 ultimate and 3/4 done building it as well as another 42009 that I am going to use for parts) as well as a Crawler, very heavily modified 8258 that I will most likly break down for parts among other sets.

@Dr_Spock - I'm mainly interested in building Technic construction based models. This would generally consist of black, yellow, dark/light gray elements. This purchase would add quite a few useful elements to my collection.

@Jullian_pdx - I'd buy the lot if I were you. You may always sell the PF elements you do not need (6 receivers, 10 m-motors maybe?) and get a lot of cash back. Great deal it is.

Edited by peter_m

The cheapest way to purchase technic parts, imho, is buying sets. From them I've nearly get all, what I need. But recently I've purchased new PF elements on bricklink, and I've made the experience, that it will be more expensive than buying sets. So if you can get 7500 parts for 900$, do it! If not, sent me PM that I can buy the lot :excited::grin: . I know, once a technic fan, you never have enough parts.

Greetings

Alex

I would get the lot. I like to think of it as for every 100 parts it costs $10, so in your case should cost about $750, but then again there are many Power Function elements. So I would say it's worth the money.

A really big ship.

And if i was you i would buy the lot.

You never have enough bricks and i think its a really nice price .

Grtz

Yes it is. I'm having second thoughts about picking this lot up for parts. The MOC's that I want to build need quite a few parts that are not in this lot. Some other people on thread expressed interest. Go for it. I won't bid. This is the second time the person listed this lot this week.

Anyways; What MOC does this person have that is based on the 8258?

Bringing it to the attention of everyone here may have been a mistake...

I would buy it if i were you and i would like to buy it myself but its in the US and would cost more to send sadly :(

What i really want is to sneak in Blackbirds stash!!! :blush:

I dont think its worth a grand, yeah there's a lot of parts, but you could buy quite a few sets for a grand.