kevin8

(MOC/MOD)-Cafe Corner Furnitures

Two years ago, in a break between some Mocs, I spent a couple of evenings working on the interior furnitures for the 10182 Cafe Corner.

Everything has been designed to be inserted without touching any existing details of the first classic Modular Building. Neither the walls, no part has been replaced. All I did was simply trying to add things and details. Even plate to make more solid the floors.

But let's go inside the description:

12202155656_1b2ed49e57.jpg

12201788663_f9d196b66c.jpg

On the ground floor there is a café (obviously), I looked for similar French cafè on the internet to get some inspirations, so I tried to give an 'art nouveau' look with arches enclosing the area with tables, leather sofas ... Among the arches I've put lattice in the completed model, to give a sensation of being inside a gazebo (unluckily LDD doesn't accept lattice inside arches)... 3185.gif?0

To this lattice a fixed 2x2 pictures decorated tiles using technic pins 4274.jpg?0

Floral decorations were very popular in the Art Nouveau, so I placed flowers on the pillars. The bar counter with wood inlaid is completed with foodbox. The cabinet on the back has more or less what you can usually find in a bar, glasses, bottles and a coffee machine.

The central door has been given a bell. The tile and plate scattered in the air have been put to fill the holes left in the set.

The staircase has been all covered and equipped with handrails.

12201788473_d288541ff7.jpg

12201788453_0d68856e5d.jpg

The first floor includes the Hotel reception with a small bench and the bell, a plant, a single room with a bed and wardrobe and a bathroom in common. Unfortunately the space is what it is and the chance to do complex things, or more accurate was impossible. But in the end, if we think about it, a few decades ago it was usual to find small hotel with a shared bathroom in the hallway, so I thought it could fit in a consistent manner.

Above the reception desk I placed a classic shape chandelier.

12202155096_78c925f141.jpg

12202154836_370e13150e.jpg

On the second floor there are two bedrooms, one double and one single ...

Above the stairs, another chandelier with classic shape.

That's all, I hope you enjoy this little Moc.

Edited by kevin8

I love your design, have you thought of tiling the floors instead of using plates? That first floor cafe is spectacular! Is there any chance you could post some pics of it built?

I think i will take photos.

I don't usually like tiles on the floor, I prefer playability even if I never play with Lego... EHEH...

Really spectacular! Any chance that you could make the files available (LDD or LDraw)? Thanks.

Thanks a million! Download went really well. Now off to Bricklink to get the parts.

Dan-147

Edited by Dan-147

Hello guys.

Here is the 1st floor built with few color modifications since some parts were expensive as hell.

I'll upload the other floors as soon as I build them.

2nd and 3rd floor have modifications as well.

Thanks for this great mod Kevin!

Cheers!

https://www.mylego.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/wpid-wp-1411907482156.jpeg

https://www.mylego.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/wpid-wp-1411908154721.jpeg

https://www.mylego.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/wpid-wp-1411907465037.jpeg

https://www.mylego.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/wpid-wp-1411907455644.jpeg

ZeRui, welcome to Eurobricks. And thanks for sharing the brickbuilt version of the interior. It's very nice to see it in bricks, and I like, you kept the studs on the floor.

Kevin8, it has now been proved that your design is very well made.

Seeing things in the brick is always better. This is more appealing to me now, which shows that it is a good quality interior.

I am more of a tile person on floors, but the stud effect works considering the rest of the line.

I really do like the bar stools (I'm definitely borrowing that idea) and the bench cushions. Very clever.

I've been struggling with this building. I've modified it multiple times, but I keep seeming to want to go back to corner instead of a different version. Too bad.

I ever asked myself why Lego has released cafè corner without furniture :)

Recent modular buildings have very detailed interior but the cafè corner has not interior at all :sceptic::wacko:

Btw it's a very great job, I love it very much!

I ever asked myself why Lego has released cafè corner without furniture :)

Recent modular buildings have very detailed interior but the cafè corner has not interior at all :sceptic::wacko:

Btw it's a very great job, I love it very much!

I think you can find the story of the cafe corner on the internet. Lego actually gave fans 3 options to AFOLs before the release of the model, part of the choices were a more expensive one with furniture, the middle one that was eventually released, and one a bit cheaper with less details (i forget the other thing that was removed for that option)

Edited by mapimi

I think you can find the story of the cafe corner on the internet. Lego actually gave fans 3 options to AFOLs before the release of the model, part of the choices were a more expensive one with furniture, the middle one that was eventually released, and one a bit cheaper with less details (i forget the other thing that was removed for that option)

Thanks for the answer :) I never read about it

I though the cause was cafè corner was 1st modular which has been released so Lego keep it "simple" just to see the market trend behaviour (success/unsuccess) and then they add more details with other sets.