Sign in to follow this  
Bytor

Balin's Tomb - Mines of Moria [MOC]

Hi there its been a while since I've done a moc. Again this one will be a Lord of the Rings themed one, this time a focus on a scene from the first movie: Balin's tomb.

In this part of the movie the company has moved partially through Moria and they enter a room which they do not know is the resting place of Gimli's cousin Balin ( I thought Balin was older than Gloin, Gimli's dad (but whatever i might be wrong) which is odd because then his cousin is older than his dad (to be honest i dont get it and should look it up)). (Confused? Good.) Then Pippin drops a skeleton and a bucket down a well, orcs/goblins wake up and havoc ensues. This is a work in progress still but I thought i would share my early photos.

I had started the early parts of this moc last June but did not pick it back up until about a month ago.

Here is the current progress:

12807223453_c9fe61d4a6.jpg

See the full set here:

https://www.flickr.c...57640947825535/

Any comments, questions, criticism or anything else is welcome.

Thanks for checking this out and stay tuned for more.

-Bytor

Edited by Bytor

Looks promising, I'm eager to wait for more!

Thanks a lot man :)

Yes a very good start! Is that a glass surface you are building on?

Thanks, appreciate it! Actually its plexiglass on top of a card table. Its like the only I table I have that wont clutter for my school work :/

Nice work ! Seems very accurate to me : scale, broken wall, stairs etc... Keep on, can't wait to see it finished !

Nice work ! Seems very accurate to me : scale, broken wall, stairs etc... Keep on, can't wait to see it finished !

Thanks a lot :) I'm trying to do the scene justice (and kinda 1 up lego).

Exciting! Do you have a timeframe for when you would like to have this completed?

I'm aiming t be done before May I'll have the last week of April dedicated to building since my school finishes mid April :)