TheBrickPal

Upcoming Classic Space Reboot?

Good point Bob.

'stickers are an important part of the build' -if the build has stickers, of course stickers are an important part of it :laugh: in that case they are an important part for AFOLs also.

Where is the AFOL testing?!?! ha-ha joking... Just imagine though!

They've tried it. But the AFOL's Whine, Scream, Cry and Throw tantrums far worse than the kids. Plus they never ever want to share or let others play with them.

They've tried it. But the AFOL's Whine, Scream, Cry and Throw tantrums far worse than the kids. Plus they never ever want to share or let others play with them.

Damn, they sound like scary people those AFOL! I'm glad I don't know any.... Oh wait...

Kids do love stickers. Sticker books are popular. I liked applying stickers to things when I was a kid, but I think after a certain age kids find placement frustrating if they aren't easy to put on straight or to correct if they are crooked.

Benny's spaceship had 1 sticker that had to be applied on a trans element, and I didn't get it on straight the first time. I tried to remove it and fix it as I usually do, but this time it didn't look very good, because the interfered glue layer shows through the sticker and element. It's just as well that it is hidden inside the model because it looks rubbish.

FYI, use the "wet method". Someone here mentioned it to me recently - it works great!

Just fill a small bowl with water and a drop of dish soap, dip the part in, then dip the sticker in using a pair or tweezers. You'll be able to move it around on the piece for a couple minutes, so you can get it on perfectly. It dries perfectly too, with no fingerprints and very little, if any, air bubbles.

I'm having a hard time believing there won't be a classic space reboot of some sort. I feel like we are getting little clues.

- We have the non-cracked old helmet on Benny on the front of the Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship box. Did they remake the old helmet without the crack? Is this a tease?

- We have the classic white spaceman and robot reward set.

- There's a little mini classic space ship in the new Christmas set.

I'm telling you man. I think something is up.

I'm having a hard time believing there won't be a classic space reboot of some sort. I feel like we are getting little clues.

- We have the non-cracked old helmet on Benny on the front of the Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship box. Did they remake the old helmet without the crack? Is this a tease?

- We have the classic white spaceman and robot reward set.

- There's a little mini classic space ship in the new Christmas set.

I'm telling you man. I think something is up.

And don't forget a bunch of us are still waiting on ExoSuits to get the green space suits.

I agree the clues are there for a reboot, but we are not going to get a full release of Classic Space. We will continue to get a lot of throwbacks because this is a sub-theme that formed a major part of the fabric that makes up Lego today. AFOLs will purchase these sets for their children to have in their collections, but the children want Star Wars.

In response to a thread about a loose part in the ExoSuit, someone referenced a post on reddit by Mark Stafford in which he wrote those parts were the last casts from an '80s CS mold for robot arms, that a new mold has been created, and yet he didn't know if it would be used if there is a second run of the ExoSuit (I read that as he didn't seem to know one way or another, but the mold was made). They can be used for other things of course, but it is still fun to speculate (for now :).

Edited by m0dulo

I hope the new mold is the same as the old one, unlike the crappy new Space Gun/Torch mold (Bricklink part 86208) which isn't nearly as cool as the old Space Gun/Torch (3959).

In response to a thread about a loose part in the ExoSuit, someone referenced a post on reddit by Mark Stafford in which he wrote those parts were the last casts from an '80s CS mold for robot arms, that a new mold has been created, and yet he didn't know if it would be used if there is a second run of the ExoSuit (I read that as he didn't seem to know one way or another, but the mold was made). They can be used for other things of course, but it is still fun to speculate (for now :).

I think what he was saying was a new mold has been ordered, but there may be enough existing stock in the parts warehouse of the grey robot arms that another ExoSuit run might not need to go back to the factory to have new arms made from the new mold. Does that make sense? They might only start using the new mold for the next run of the Exosuit if or when they don't have enough parts already on hand ready to go. (Or the parts might end up mixed).

Because most spaceships have very large boosters :tongue:

I'd like to see a space theme like they did with the City theme.

Ambulance, police, fire, criminals, buildings, civilian, other services, but... in space....

You could build an entire moonbase with civilian buildings, lauchpads, civilian hot rod speeders (and police speeders to chase them), mining vehicles (for Helium 3 :wink: ), postal spacevans etc etc etc the sky is the limit :grin:

Other then that, heck yeah, i'd like to see a return of Classic Space Redux :laugh:

I like your idea, as long as the buildings and cars look like blade runner.

Columbus